**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Magneto Ignores Labyrinth's Damage cap and does absurd amount of damage

2»

Comments

• Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,741 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

Kerneas said:

I bet they're gonna fix this in next update. And as much as I love buffed Magneto, this doesn't feel right. 1.8 mil dmg with SP3? It sounds very broken to me.

But maybe times have changed and I stood same. Would be nice if it were this way.

This is how he's supposed to function against bleed immunes. They reduced his armour from beta else it would have done even more damage.

Point is that this only works in LOL since no other bleed immune in the game can survive an sp3 from magneto.

Either they have to reduce the potency of armour breaks or completely change how armour breaks work
    I understand how he works, but the numbers look incredibly bizzare to me. I can think of very few champions who can do this much damage. There used to be a video on YT showing MS doing some crazy dmg agains Kamala Khan. Next who does insane numbers is Proxima and Cull, but both get to sit under a million damage.
  • Options
    ImranImran Posts: 587 ★★★
    Kerneas said:

I bet they're gonna fix this in next update. And as much as I love buffed Magneto, this doesn't feel right. 1.8 mil dmg with SP3? It sounds very broken to me.

But maybe times have changed and I stood same. Would be nice if it were this way.

Why it needs fix?? There already nerf his damage from beta. That's how they made it, for doing this kind of damage. Also managing magneto play style isn’t easy like ghost, aegon. He is very much slow. Still I can't even play only parry heavy gameplay that's why didn’t rank up magneto.
  • Options
    ImranImran Posts: 587 ★★★
    Kerneas said:

HI_guys said:

Kerneas said:

This is how he's supposed to function against bleed immunes. They reduced his armour from beta else it would have done even more damage.

Point is that this only works in LOL since no other bleed immune in the game can survive an sp3 from magneto.

Either they have to reduce the potency of armour breaks or completely change how armour breaks work
    I understand how he works, but the numbers look incredibly bizzare to me. I can think of very few champions who can do this much damage. There used to be a video on YT showing MS doing some crazy dmg agains Kamala Khan. Next who does insane numbers is Proxima and Cull, but both get to sit under a million damage.
    Then what's the use of magneto?? Outside of sp damage after building up powerss taking block damage, does he do any other big damage??
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,189 ★★★★★
    At this point ther culd just sracp the danmged cap in lol although it Mabye make offer opset if it happens
  • Options
    BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,549 ★★★★
    BeroMan said:

There is 2 fight in this video: Unstoppable Colossus (1.3 Mil. HP) and Colossus (3.3 Mil. HP). I have Max Pacify mastery for this fights to reduce their ability accuracy up to 100% (70% from Magnetism + 30% with Pacify) when they are stunned to bypass LOL damage Cap. And the result is kinda crazy or some even say broken.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pt2cUDm1W8k&t

Wow

That’s really insane...Tks for sharing
  • Options
    AztecAztec Posts: 293 ★★
    BeroMan said:

BeroMan said:

Fenico said:

LOL, I have only 1 star in this forum, started activity only last days and already got annoyed?! brace yourself.
    I mean, you can just post everything on a single thread, like others do ...
    "Promoting" personal videos this way is not very well seen around here
    Can you point out any forum rule which I am breaching? @will-o-wisp
    you new in the forum ?? remember you'll see him walking around threads every second. they are "keyboard warrior". i know some of them like groundedwisom, demonzyfire, thicco, berjibs, etc. if you found a thread that has a lot of pages. it's them.
  • Options
    BeroManBeroMan Posts: 272 ★★★★

Quick question: Why do you need to parry before using your sp3? Sorry if it's obvious, I'm just trying to learn magneto and I don't get that part.

I have Max Pacify mastery for this fights to reduce their ability accuracy up to 100% (70% from Magnetism + 30% with Pacify) when they are stunned to bypass LOL damage Cap.
  • Options
    BeroManBeroMan Posts: 272 ★★★★

Waiting for the orange "this is not as intended" nerf.. why post videos you know kabam don't like yellow numbers 😂

Well, there are no yellow numbers, it's all sp.3 non-crit, lol
  • Options
    DarkSoulDLXDarkSoulDLX Posts: 676 ★★★
    Very rare to witness those numbers
  • Options
    doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,724 ★★★
    BeroMan said:

There is 2 fight in this video: Unstoppable Colossus (1.3 Mil. HP) and Colossus (3.3 Mil. HP). I have Max Pacify mastery for this fights to reduce their ability accuracy up to 100% (70% from Magnetism + 30% with Pacify) when they are stunned to bypass LOL damage Cap. And the result is kinda crazy or some even say broken.

How come in videos, the prowess doesn't expire but when I tried duel against unstoppable colossus, mine does?
  • Options
    Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★
    i also found out other god tier utilities for Magneto for end game content but will not be revealing them over here. Don't wanna give Kabam more ammunitions to nerf the newly buffed Magneto. because they already toned him down a lil bit prior to his final release. by lowering his armor break potency, also some of his AOL interactions with metal defenders.
  • Options
    ThesurvivlistThesurvivlist Posts: 195
    doctorb said:

BeroMan said:

How come in videos, the prowess doesn't expire but when I tried duel against unstoppable colossus, mine does?
    Against metal champs, magneto can generate a prowess buff that is indefinite while the other prowess buffs that come from charging the heavy will be definite.
  • Options
    @Imran First off: would you please be so kind and tell me where did I say he needs a fix? All I said was, that TO ME it looks broken. That doesn't mean "fix him". I also don't like playing Quake, but I have never ever said that she should be removed from the game :smiley:

Secondly, you argument that Magneto takes some rampup time and then pulls off insane numbers. That may be true, but let us look at the times shall we?

Magneto - kills 1.8 mil. HP UC in 120 seconds. Lets ignore now that the 2nd SP3 was massive overkill.

Rampup for Magneto: 100 seconds pf careful play

Ægon - kills 2.2 mil. HP Electro in 185 seconds.

Rampup for Ægon: inflicting 1200 hits.

For reference I used yt video from OP and also "Ægon vs Ex-Electro solo (Marvel contest if champions)" by MK.

Now if you compare those two performances, Magneto has 15 000 dps, Ægon 11 800. That means that in terms of damage through the fight, Magneto outshines Ægon by whole lot. So this could be taken as a proof that although Magneto requires a while to get his Prowess, in the bigger picture his short burst damage is greater than playing aggressively as Ægon.

BUT that is how the game works. I do not PROTEST against this. I do not DEMAND A FIX.

All I was saying is, that to me the numbers are very high, in fact that no other champion can match him. But that is reality of this game and so be it. It is 100% better than before the buff...

Oh and one more thing: you said that Magneto's only use is his big damage. Don't you think there are other uses to him? There are 66/185 metal champions in the game. Against those he reverses their healing, cant miss or be evaded, has +50% perfect block chance and he is almost shock and bleed immune at all times. In my eyes that counts as solid utility on top of the damage.
  • Options
    Midnite93 said:

Kerneas said:

@Kerneas his kit reduces AAR of opponents with metal tag by 70% and add pacify mastery and the double fun. And assassin mastery also bypasses labyrinth damage cap. So that is how he could do the damage and it's only against metal champs so it's fine. That's how he was meant to be against metal champs.
    @Midnite93 Yes, he is meant to work this way and no fix should be implemented. I was just saying that even the hardest hitters of the contest hit about half as strong as he does. He completely shreds all damage limits that were previously thought of. And that is okay, it is how the game evolves. But you gotta admit those numbers are looking unbelievably high. Nothing we've seen before (if you dont count the electro/quake damage reflections)
  • Options
    Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,306 ★★★
    edited September 2020
    He's perfectly fine as is.
  • Options
    HI_guys said:

Kerneas said:

Midnite93 said:

Kerneas said:

@Kerneas his kit reduces AAR of opponents with metal tag by 70% and add pacify mastery and the double fun. And assassin mastery also bypasses labyrinth damage cap. So that is how he could do the damage and it's only against metal champs so it's fine. That's how he was meant to be against metal champs.
    @Midnite93 Yes, he is meant to work this way and no fix should be implemented. I was just saying that even the hardest hitters of the contest hit about half as strong as he does. He completely shreds all damage limits that were previously thought of. And that is okay, it is how the game evolves. But you gotta admit those numbers are looking unbelievably high. Nothing we've seen before (if you dont count the electro/quake damage reflections)
    Don't want to start anything by tyour original comment seemed like you thought he was broken and that Kabam will have to fix him. That was what my follow up comments were based. Sorry if I misread yoy
    Okay, my apologies then :smile: Not to find excuses, but even OP uses phrases like "absurd damage" and "some may even say broken". I surely didnt mean to demand any correction from Kabam's side. Peace