**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Doc ock displays breakthrough as heal block/power lock even when duped

OrdalcaOrdalca Posts: 543 ★★★
edited October 2020 in Bugs and Known Issues
Doctor octopus has the abilities call out debuff: heal block and debuff: power lock on the pause screen and as text when applied if he is duped, despite his dupe making them different and not count as those debuffs.

This means the 6.3 buff for parries while heal blocked will not place a shock. This is an expected behavior if they aren't heal blocks, but in that case, the pause screen and pop-up text should not call it a heal block debuff.

Placing call out:

Pause screen:

Comments

• SlimSandySlimSandy Posts: 11
    edited October 2020
    Agree with this entirely. This happened to me while attempting the 6.3.6 Shock path. I enabled my only Short Circuit boost, started the first fight against Deadpool with my duped r2 Doc Ock, applied his Heal Block debuff and then parried, but no shock was applying. I understand that his Awakened Ability changes the effects of his Heal Block, but then it should not be classified as a Heal Block debuff at all. As the above screenshots show, during the fight it's displayed as a Heal Block, and on the pause screen it's also listed as a Heal Block debuff...I don't think anyone can argue that this isn't at least slightly confusing to the player base.

This very clearly leads to confusion, so please update the UI and simply call the Heal Block Debuff something different in-fight, otherwise other players will experience this same issue and will waste their boosts as I did.
  • MostWantedMostWanted Posts: 351 ★★
    Ordalca said:

Doctor octopus has the abilities call out debuff: heal block and debuff: power lock on the pause screen and as text when applied if he is duped, despite his dupe making them different and not count as those debuffs.

This means the 6.3 buff for parries while heal blocked will not place a shock. This is an expected behavior if they aren't heal blocks, but in that case, the pause screen and pop-up text should not call it a heal block debuff.

Placing call out:

Pause screen:

Yes I hoped doc of could place the shock since he applied a "Heal Block" on the opponent. I wasted my energies and the boost :smile: