Options

Am I The Only One Who Hates Calls / Notifications During Play??

DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,074 ★★★★★
edited October 2020 in General Discussion
They always come at the most inopportune time lol ... right in a combo, dodging a combo or whatever .. BOOM incoming call, notification etc .. can't see can't see ... resume ... death.

Even when I put my phone on Do Not Disturb it still happens. I hate it lol

Comments

• Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    My exquisite Samsung Galaxy S10 has customizable notification settings while gaming which I love. Right now. I have it set to show very small call and message notifications while I'm playing MCoC and that's all. I could remove notifications while gaming completely if I wanted.
  • Options

Picture this:

You’re in a fight in aw, a minute left on the clock, all the pressure is on you to win this war then suddenly:

EXACTLY!! lol
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Etjama said:

My exquisite Samsung Galaxy S10 has customizable notification settings while gaming which I love. Right now. I have it set to show very small call and message notifications while I'm playing MCoC and that's all. I could remove notifications while gaming completely if I wanted.

i've been thinking about that S20 ... think it'll have what the S10 does?? that's a good feature to have!
  • Options
    SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,992 ★★★★
    Bruh I was in 5.4.3 and I got spammed online and died to an electro. I just put it on sleep mode for mcoc now.
  • Options
    Maltyo9Maltyo9 Posts: 270 ★★★
    @DeaconVelvet I have an S20, when I get a call anytime my phone is in Landscape mode, I get a notification at the top of the screen that only blocks the middle, no interference with play
  • Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,942 ★★★★★

Picture this:

You’re in a fight in aw, a minute left on the clock, all the pressure is on you to win this war then suddenly:

Yeah, the icloud storage notifications suck
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★

Picture this:

Aight we get it bro, the ladies are after you.
    if ladies hit me up on discord, the world would have peace. heck, if they even had discord
  • Options
    ShøckerShøcker Posts: 200 ★★

Picture this:

Please charge the battery
  • Options

Etjama said:

i've been thinking about that S20 ... think it'll have what the S10 does?? that's a good feature to have!
    I'm sure it does.
  • Options
    airmundoairmundo Posts: 147
    Keep your old phone and use it as a gaming phone when at home - it’s a permanent do not disturb mode
  • Options
    J_jones_41389J_jones_41389 Posts: 86
    edited October 2020

• Options
    ^have a galaxy s10
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    1. Open game (have game booster on)
    2. Swipe left or down to open toolbar
    3. Press the little icon in the bottom right corner
    4. Go to "block during game"
    5. Select desired options (notifications)
  • Options

Yuppers, one of my favorite features. I set it up once and never have to do it again.
  • Options
    spiderknight616spiderknight616 Posts: 462 ★★★
    The new Moto phones also have a feature to set your phone to DND while in-game
  • Options
    Etjama said:

Yuppers, one of my favorite features. I set it up once and never have to do it again.
    what's game booster ?? is it legal? lol
  • Options
    Maltyo9 said:

@DeaconVelvet I have an S20, when I get a call anytime my phone is in Landscape mode, I get a notification at the top of the screen that only blocks the middle, no interference with play

cool that's good to know!
  • Options
    MCOCHazzaMCOCHazza Posts: 847 ★★★

They always come at the most inopportune time lol ... right in a combo, dodging a combo or whatever .. BOOM incoming call, notification etc .. can't see can't see ... resume ... death.

Do not Disturb only works when your phone is locked, unless you enable it to work all the time (in settings)
  • Options
    Artoria77Artoria77 Posts: 2,543 ★★★★★
    The horrors of doing a doing fight with quake and a notifications pops up blocking a part of your screen and no matter how fast your ready to pull up the notification the screen already says K.O
  • Options
    Hazzalec1 said:

Do not Disturb only works when your phone is locked, unless you enable it to work all the time (in settings)
    hmmm i'll give that a shot too thx
  • Options
    Rodomontade_BoiRodomontade_Boi Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    edited October 2020
    *Laughs in uninterrupted gaming mode*
  • Options
    Lobster44Lobster44 Posts: 147
    I have uninterrupted gaming mode on and every now and then it breaks while playing mcoc (no other game, not sure why), and chucks up a message in front of the screen. It only ever seems to happen when I'm not in an actual fight though so it doesn't bother me an awful lot.
  • Options
    edited October 2020

Etjama said:

what's game booster ?? is it legal? lol
    It's totally legal. Built in on Samsung. Just boosts gaming performance and gives you a lot of gaming options.