**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

How the Thronebreaker title motivated me to complete the Abyss of Legends

So, I see a lot of criticism about the need for a 6* R3 champion in order to get the Thronebreaker title. And while I understand some of the criticism, the restrictions motivated me to finally get the Abyss of Legends done in order to get my first 6* R3 champion, and I thought I´d share this story in order to maybe motivate some more people to do so.

For quite a long time, I actually did not want to complete the Abyss as I always thought it´d cost me too many ressources and too much time for the rewards I would get. Plus, I did not have any of the 4 Horsemen when the Abyss released as a 5* or 6* champion. However, in the past 6 months I pulled a 5* Doom who I awakened with a gem, 6* Torch who is still not awakened, 5* Aegon who I could awaken and get to sig 200, and 6* Fury, who also is still unawakened. Fury being unawakened made me think "Well... I should wait until he is awakened, maybe then I´ll think about completing Abyss". But then, Thronebreaker was announced.

At first I thought the same way many other people did: "I don´t have a 6* R3, I don´t like it!". But then I decided to adapt to that restriction, which made me decide between 100% exploring Act 6 or completing the Abyss as those are the only ways to get some fully formed T5CC right now. After doing some research I found out that Fury (who was my "roadblock" for the Abyss) is the Horseman you need the least out of all of them, so I decided to complete Abyss as it would probably be cheaper and less time-consuming than 100% exploring Act 6 (I have not fully explored a single chapter yet). At the time I decided to go for the Abyss, I had around 2000 Units, and 650 of the 4 hour cavalier crystals. So I did the grind of my life, grinded 3000 more units in 1.5 weeks and decided to do the Abyss on October 3rd 2020.

My team: 5* R5 Sig 200 Aegon, 5* R5 Sig 200 Void, 6* R2 unawakened Torch, 5* R5 Sig 200 Doom and 6* R1 unawakened Heimdall. To be honest: It was nowhere near as bad as I thought it´d be. This is something to keep in mind: The completion of the Abyss is not difficult, it just takes a lot of ressources and time. After 6 hours and ~3500 units spent, it was done. I got a T5 Cosmic Catalyst and decided to get my Silver Surfer to Rank 3. Also got a 6* Mystic AG, but I don´t have a champ to use it on yet. In fact, the completion of the Abyss motivated me to fully explore it, and I decided to do one path per month, so I´d be done by January/February 2021.

All of this brings me back to the point why I decided to create this post in the first place: I know that there are people out there who are afraid of completing the Abyss, people who could actually do it if they wanted to, just like me. There has never been a better time to complete the Abyss. Of course we don´t know the exact perks Thronebreaker will bring, but I am certain it will pay off very soon. This post is not about justifying the restrictions for the Throbreaker title, it´s only about motivating the people.

Comments

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    Congrats!
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Noice !
  • WhoooWhooo Posts: 86 ★★
    edited October 2020

You go through the crazy fights but you can't select your very own T5CC?

Even when you 100% Abyss, you still can't choose them

Take it or leave it. Simple as that

But in Labyrinth, they were given to you: T4CC for each class.

And LOL was wayyyy more difficult than Abyss.
    Why? Because then, you only had 1 option for LOL: Star-Lord (and you had to deal with BS fights like Magik, Electro etc). Now you have so many different options for the Abyss
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★

It's BS.

Think about it.
    You go through the crazy fights but you can't select your very own T5CC?

Even when you 100% Abyss, you still can't choose them.

WTH?

But in Labyrinth, they were given to you: T4CC for each class.

KABAM sees this as an opportunity to milk money out of player.

What I see is I will not do Abyss.
    Not until they buff the rewards and even if they did, they might do it at the end of this game's life.

Which I think will end on 2025.

I will not regret for my choice.

this has nothing to do with this post. Go rant elsewhere, not on here.

At this point, just quit. All you do is complain.
  • CharbelCirnesCharbelCirnes Posts: 27
    This is an excellent post bro, I already have all the 4 horseman but I always have a bad luck in crystals, and the only one I have that I could rank 3 is silver surfer, it would be awesome to get a cosmic t5cc, if I dont get this idk who to rank up.
    Maybe instead of ranking someone to rank 3 they should consider that if you have a t5cc you also can get the title.
    Actually this motivated me to complete the abyss, im just going to grind units I got only 1k im going to save to 6k to do it
  • MaiicolDiazMaiicolDiaz Posts: 10
    The same happened to me, I did the easy path for the title, wasn't easy, but I felt great after do it.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,060 ★★★★★
    My reluctance for Abyss or any content is the amount of units/money required to complete it. i finished Act 6 with about 95% less in units than it would take for an Abyss run. i don't find spending a load of units to complete content all that fun. anyone can power through it with Unit Man and i try my best to keep Unit Man at bay LOL

what's the cap at now? like maybe 2000+ on the low end?? i'm good. i'll try my hand at AW and AQ for the resources.