**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Collar Tech - An underrated mastery

Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
So...when it comes to class-based masteries, the one that always seems to come to mind, mouth or keyboard is mystic dispersion. Another fairly popular one I'd say is pure skill, although infamous nowadays.
But one very effective mastery that people don't seem to mention at all is collar tech.
It functions to reduce the opponent's combat power rate (power gained from attacking or being attacked). It might seem small across all levels, but trust me: you would be surprised at how much of a difference it actually makes.

I got it some time ago when I was doing my first clear of LoL with my rank 4 Ghost. She was sig 40 at the time. At first, I was a bit reluctant because I felt I wouldn't get much effect out of it. Nevertheless, I decided to put 3 points into it. Needless to say, I was completely surprised at how good it was! Makes her rotation so much easier at a lower sig level. Less power for opponent equals more specials for you, and less time to worry about enrage timer. It quickly became my favorite mastery. After the run, I had to turn it off for some time because I ran full suicides, max willpower, coagulate, and 2 points in MD mostly for my Claire. There were no extra points to put in, unfortunately.

After a few months of running suicides, fast forward till about 2 days ago, and I was completing act 6. I had reached 6.3.5 Mysterio boss, and I had to use Stealthy. Recoil was already posing a major threat, and the bleed gave me less health to work with. The poison also reduced the heal I got from the falter. In addition, I noticed a few nodes elsewhere that punished the use of suicides. I had to turn it off, and completely change my masteries. Maxed despair, and retrained collar tech. With this setup, I was able to beat Mysterio and carry on with my run, and also control fights even better with my Ghost and G2099 when I was clearing the paths.

Man, I didn't realize how much I missed collar tech until I put it back on! Granted, I have the most ranked up Champs from the tech class, and I'm also planning on putting a fourth point once the cores come back to the loyalty store hopefully tomorrow. Ever heard the saying: "a max sig Ghost can get to 2 bars before her opponent reaches one bar"? Well, my rank 5 Ghost at only about sig 100 can do that with 3 points in collar tech! And no, you don't need to drastically change your playstyle for it to work either.

Now let's analyse with a few tech Champs.
Ghost- As above

G2099- Makes her rotation easier as well (not really much to say here as she can already control power)

Hulkbuster- Can allow him to weave in mre heavies than he normally would be able to, which is huge!

Punisher 2099- With collar tech, I believe in overdrive he would cause his opponent to gain zero power instead of the normal 90% (haven't tested it yet tho).

Warlock- Haven't tested him either, but I think it would be a similar case to hulkbuster.

As for other tech Champs, they obviously benefit as well. I'll just stop with these 5 so this won't be too long.

Comments

• LunaeLunae Posts: 371 ★★★
    Ghost and Cap IWs tech synergy combined with maxed collar tech could be pretty crazy for her. I got the idea watching this video also with the idea of adding Furys fury synergy and a maxed fury mastery build. I’m more and more considering it viable because of Pun 2099 and his coming CGR fury synergy. My only complaint is that I wish it worked on passive furys as well, but you could probably still get some good mileage out it otherwise.

Starts at 3:40 where you can just basically wall trap the opponent by spamming heavys beautifully since her sp2 is able to connect into her heavy.

https://youtu.be/gRLRRp5My2k
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Lunae said:

Ghost and Cap IWs tech synergy combined with maxed collar tech could be pretty crazy for her. I got the idea watching this video also with the idea of adding Furys fury synergy and a maxed fury mastery build. I’m more and more considering it viable because of Pun 2099 and his coming CGR fury synergy. My only complaint is that I wish it worked on passive furys as well, but you could probably still get some good mileage out it otherwise.

Starts at 3:40 where you can just basically wall trap the opponent by spamming heavys beautifully since her sp2 is able to connect into her heavy.

https://youtu.be/gRLRRp5My2k

Wow, that's a neat trick! Haven't ever thought about that.
    But what is pure skill about tho? Is it worth it? 🤔
    By the way, the cores are in the loyalty store right now.

Just put my 4th point in, and honestly...I might decide to use my loyalty to max it out in the future, before going for a fourth point in MD.
  • DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Kabam Miike said Pure Skill is more effective than it was before 12.0 update. They might have to change it. Idk if they have done anything yet.
    Djin said:

Kill_Grey said:

Kabam Miike said Pure Skill is more effective than it was before 12.0 update. They might have to change it. Idk if they have done anything yet.
    Hmm...
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    Djin said:

Kill_Grey said:

take a shot every time effective is mentioned

Djin said:

Kill_Grey said:

take a shot every time effective is mentioned
    Me: *Remembers the fact that he's underage*
  • Player1994Player1994 Posts: 793 ★★★
    less power = less specials to bait = more troubles

*Ghost disagrees with your statement*

But seriously, it also means more openings, and more control over the fight. By your analogy, you're saying power control Champs in general are redundant.
  • Jazzy011Jazzy011 Posts: 81
    Does the mastery even work? Last time I tried it and it did nothing. They still got to 1 power bar after 2 combo's.
  • Player1994Player1994 Posts: 793 ★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

But seriously, it also means more openings, and more control over the fight. By your analogy, you're saying power control Champs in general are redundant.
    your main ways of inflicting damages is either parying/ intercepting or baiting special attacks ! in hard content baiting is your way to go (intercepting yes risky too)

that"s if the mastery really works like it states as far as it goes it's a trash mastery and it should be reworked like all other masteries except MD
    Jazzy011 said:

Does the mastery even work? Last time I tried it and it did nothing. They still got to 1 power bar after 2 combo's.

It does
    edited October 2020

Kill_Grey said:

your main ways of inflicting damages is either parying/ intercepting or baiting special attacks ! in hard content baiting is your way to go (intercepting yes risky too)

that"s if the mastery really works like it states as far as it goes it's a trash mastery and it should be reworked like all other masteries except MD
    Like I've said, you would underappreciate it until you actually try it out.
    By the way, I just learnt something really cool just now. Collar tech+max petrify is pretty damn OP!

In matchups where you can only get your hits in during a stun like against evaders, the power gain rate reduction is almost broken!
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    I've always liked the concept of collar tech .. however, I've been findiing it just doesn't seem to have that much of an effect. If you compare side by side, it just wasn't showing any differences. So if that's been fixed .. or if somebody can confirm a side-by-side comparison showing it having a difference, that'd be awesome!!
    dot_ditto said:

I've always liked the concept of collar tech .. however, I've been findiing it just doesn't seem to have that much of an effect. If you compare side by side, it just wasn't showing any differences. So if that's been fixed .. or if somebody can confirm a side-by-side comparison showing it having a difference, that'd be awesome!!

Would have loved to, but I just don't have the time unfortunately.
  • Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,702 ★★★★
    edited October 2020
    I just did a comparison using Ghost against WS, with and without 3 points on collar tech.

Both fights started with phase, let him hit me twice and then i hit him 4 times & then stop the fight.

Here are the results.

• MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    What does pure skill do I never used it

I just did a comparison using Ghost against WS, with and without 3 points on collar tech.

Both fights started with phase, let him hit me twice and then i hit him 4 times & then stop the fight.

Here are the results.

According to what I've heard and noticed, it's more substantial in longer fights.
    Kill_Grey said:

Here are the results.

According to what I've heard and noticed, it's more substantial in longer fights.
    WS did have slightly less power with CT, but not sure if it's worth putting 3 points there or better used else where?
    MaxGaming said:

What does pure skill do I never used it

It increases your skills and you start playing better 😉

Kill_Grey said:

Here are the results.

WS did have slightly less power with CT, but not sure if it's worth putting 3 points there or better used else where?
    I have 4 points currently, but the difference is defo substantial! You would notice it better in quests like act 6 or cav difficulty. Try it out and thank me later.