**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Silver Surfer Tweak

Similar to Ghost Rider becoming Incinerate Immune, Silver Surfer should be Poison and Bleed Immune.

Since the energy damage from his unique buffs scale only with his base attack, the rotational Fury buff should be replaced with a rotational Cruelty buff. This would synergize well with a Precision buff obtained from dexterity.

Comments

• Options
    TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★

Similar to Ghost Rider becoming Incinerate Immune, Silver Surfer should be Poison and Bleed Immune.

Since the energy damage from his unique buffs scale only with his base attack, the rotational Fury buff should be replaced with a rotational Cruelty buff. This would synergize well with a Precision buff obtained from dexterity.

He's a relatively good champ. I don't think anything about him needs to be changed.
  • Options
    DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    edited October 2020
    He's highly underrated. His damage output is great if you play him correctly. Requires some time to get used to his play style. I don't think he needs to be changed.
    Changing Fury buff to Cruelty is a bad idea. Fury will increase attack so you will do more damage on all hits. Cruelty will only increase critical damage.
  • Options
    LunaeLunae Posts: 371 ★★★
    edited October 2020
    Depends too much on the ais temperament to be fun. If the ais were always hyper aggressive he’d be a much better champion, but there’s no way to fix that not even with his Mysterio or Herald synergy, two things that his kit should of had to begin with.

If he was bleed and poison immune I’d definitely put up with using him, but as he is now I have other champions that out utility, out damage him or that are just funner. I’ll take Phoenix over him who shares the same problem, but atleast she has a pretty good regen if played properly and is less of a head ache.

At his core he’s really either a champion you have to slow play, boring, especially without his hulk synergy, or play aggressively, fun, in my opinion, but the ais always at risk of killing that momentum, all not even factoring restrictive end game nodes. He’s also not a good enough champion like Ghost to warrant using so many slot for his synergies when Hulk or Strange are meh, the other Heralds are meh except for CGR, Mysterio or Night Thrasher are great so maybe you could get away with it, but I’d rather just the same ditch Surfer in the end.

If he’s is reworked I’d like to see an unblockable sp1 added for when the ais want to do nothing, but block, a powergain like Air Walker or Dragon Man, a Dragon Man or Sasquatch like power control mechanic to avoid killing his momentum against passive ais, but as he is now I’ve lost interest in playing him sadly.
  • Options
    ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,145 ★★★★★
    Lunae said:

Depends too much on the ais temperament to be fun. If the ais were always hyper aggressive he’d be a much better champion, but there’s no way to fix that not even with his Mysterio or Herald synergy, two things that his kit should of had to begin with.

If he was bleed and poison immune I’d definitely put up with using him, but as he is now I have other champions that out utility, out damage him or that are just funner. I’ll take Phoenix over him who shares the same problem, but atleast she has a pretty good regen if played properly and is less of a head ache.

At his core he’s really either a champion you have to slow play, boring, especially without his hulk synergy, or play aggressively, fun, in my opinion, but the ais always at risk of killing that momentum, all not even factoring restrictive end game nodes. He’s also not a good enough champion like Ghost to warrant using so many slot for his synergies when Hulk or Strange are meh, the other Heralds are meh except for CGR, Mysterio or Night Thrasher are great so maybe you could get away with it, but I’d rather just the same ditch Surfer in the end.

If he’s is reworked I’d like to see an unblockable sp1 added for when the ais want to do nothing, but block, a powergain like Air Walker or Dragon Man, a Dragon Man or Sasquatch like power control mechanic to avoid killing his momentum against passive ais, but as he is now I’ve lost interest in playing him sadly.

You can phase on heavy and it's fairly safe to SP1 into their block because you'll be pushed to safe distance where you can parry a punishing strike
  • Options
    LunaeLunae Posts: 371 ★★★
    True, but thats no fun and feels like a waste. I guess my problem with him really is just a lack of patience. I can’t stand losing all momentum when you hit that brick of wall sp3 against passive ais.