**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Not Just a god of the Abyss....

Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
Hello summoners today I will be explaining to you why Ægon is not just meant for longer content like LOL and abyss etc. A ton of the community think that Ægon is only useful for longer content and have a strong belief that he sucks in act 6. But this is entirely not true while Ægon is not the best for Variants He is good in 1 and 4, the other 3 he gets restricted, he is one of the best champions imo for act 6.

His damage is completely massive, has a powerful tenacity, ignores resistances, reduces ability accuracy by 100% at 500 combo, his furys are amazing and his crit through block is nice.

People think that since you cannot ramp him to 999 he is meh and unusable or hardly usable, but for most stuff in act 6 you don't even need to get past 300 combo. Now lets start with the key points.

(6.1) He is a lane clearer absolutely demolishes lanes, can solo a ton of the bosses with ease For example Xbones, sentinel, loki, ghost he crushes. One of the most annoying fights in 6.1 Buffed Up sym supreme, he can do relatively easily, the whole caustic temper lane in 6.1.6 he crushes except for the dormammu, He has the furys at 300, and ignores the poisons due to his tenacity dealing with the annoying Doctor Strange. 6.1.3 and 6.1.4 are a cake walk for him excluding a couple fights (Mephisto, aspect of war rhino, etc) 6.1.5 you can ramp him up on most of the lanes and he will crush Xbones now, he has poison 30 instead of biohazard now, making him alot easier for Ægon.

(6.2) He smashes lifecycle, you can spend lots of time building him up on lifecycle if you want since they dont die unless the shield is down through knockdown, but he honestly crushes it on his own. He isn't the best for back blast in 6.2 because the health pools are lower in 6.2 than 6.4 so he will hit the cap potentially once ramped with suicides, 6.2.3 He obliterates Icarus, of course there are better options but he can do it just fine himself.

6.2.4 I found him to be a big MVP for a ton of the lanes, as long as you have good intercepts you will build him up quite fast and you will be good to go.
6.2.5 He can defintley solo a couple of the lanes on his own, the quest itself sucks but he can for sure solo a couple of the lanes.

6.2.6 He is a pretty big MVP, he actually does decent against the champion boss by heavy methoding and hitting 20k mediums you can burst him down a decent chunk then quit out before he regens, I wouldnt consider him viable as he cannot solo, but he can get a good chunk off for sure, he is also the best option for the do you bleed path with annoying defenders like emma rogue KM with fearless etc, the method is kill them through block since he reduces block proficiency by 85% and crits through block he should smash it very fast. He also wrecks the poison abomination who is an annoying fight on the skill gate. since no skill champions are naturally poison immune, you are forced to bring a poison immune champion, or use blade. reduced aar champs or Ægon who can solo the whole lane.

(6.3)
6.3.1 He is a beast for a few of the lanes, there is a void with long-distance relationship, and there are not too many good counters out there for him, Ægon is by far the best option for him, he actually obliterates the entire lane including the iceman because he just instantly will shrug off the coldsnap after a hit. One of the most annoying lanes in 6.3 is there which is Can't Stop Won't Stop, and Ægon terminates that lane.

6.3.2 Ægon with the "Live intel" boost is by far the best option for the thorns lane. "Live intel" grats the attacker a passive shield preventing all passive damage back effects for 12 seconds this shield is refreshed when you land a critical hit. Since Ægon crits a ton this lane is very easy for him. He also works amazing for the spry lane due to his true accuracy.

6.3.3 Ægon also works for a bunch of the lanes. No real notable lanes.

6.3.4 The Spite + Enhanced abilities lane is very easy he can practically solo the lane, He shreds countertactics + flail lane since he can shrug off the debuffs very quickly.

6.3.5 There is a cramping lane which deals passive damage back and is one of the harder lanes in 6.3 Ægon with the live intel boost absolutely wrecks it, safeguard + clap back he also shreds excluding the electro who you will need a counter for. The Rage lane is also very easy for him since he does not hit the damage cap as long as you dont use a sp2. He also works decent for the mysterio boss by using the heavy method he can get at least 50% off if you play well.

6.3.6 Since there is no UNLIMITED POWER anymore, you cannot utilize the ronan cheese on cap IW, so IMo Ægon is the best option for him, and if you have the heimdall synergy you can solo him. He is a MVP for the Agression fury oscillate lane which he is able to solo on his own. Also he wrecks the chaos inversion lane which can be tricky but as long as you can play inverse specials than you are fine.

(6.4)

6.4.1 He is the best option for the Do you bleed lane again same method, kill through block, the worst gwenpool in the game is on this lane with "Do you bleed" "Clap back" also softguard, due to this node combo she is quite a niche fight, but Ægon demolishes the lane and the gwenpool since he doesn't make her bleed.
He shreds berserker barrage lane since there are no tricky defenders on the lane except the Man-Thing who you should bring a counter for.
The Thermostat lane, he could be potentially Viable for, but risky and I wouldn't persoanlly reccomend unless you can get to a 100 combo from the first 2 fights.

6.4.2, He is the best option for Tunnel Vision, critical set up and Crit me with your best shot, do ml ml ml mlm sp1, that is the method I used persoanlly but you can do mlm lmlm mlm lmlm as well, the hardest fight on the lane was taskmaster but they nerfed him so he will be even easier. He does the Thunder Struck King Groot as well, my friend did this fight in 2k hits with him this is a long fight impractical but doable. He also smashes the aggression fury + long distance relationship lane in ease.

6.4.3 I used him for path A and he works very good for the lane and can do the no retreat annihilus as a potential solo, also since darkhawk does not have raptor upgrades he can do decent for that fight, he also does quite well for the clap back lane excluding the dormammu mini.

6.4.4 Ægon smashes the oscillate lane, its quite easy for him, he does good for invert special chaos and he does alright for the cmm boss

6.4.5 He smashes the power strugge lane and the lion heart lane no real notable fights.

6.4.6 This is where he is a monster, you can ramp up Ægon on every single lane except for pilfer + mesmerize. He makes lifecycle + rage a meme, if you can get him to 500+ combo he will work quite well for the KM mini, due to lifecycle you can get him to 999 easily.
Aggression Fury he completely smashes including the unblockable finale Modok who I solod easily. Aspect of evolution lane I found quite easy including the sunspot mini boss, Masochism Ægon also smashes as long as you play intercept game no need to worry about masochism, the tenacity lane is a joke for him, you may need a counter for annihilus but he does aarkus just fine. Due to his high damage and crit rate he is also an excellent option for the GM.

Thank you for reading my thread on Ægon and his usefulness in act 6

Comments

• NigelthornberryNigelthornberry Posts: 458 ★★★
    You forgot to add that he's a beast in incursions once ramped up with buff con.

• ErocksErocks Posts: 294 ★★
    Great and informative post! Now give me Aegon
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    YawYeet said:

How do i aquire one of these Ægons? Been pulling since his launch and he no exist.

ask BG (I really hope BG pulls aegon soon poor guy)
  • BlackTuranBlackTuran Posts: 642 ★★★
    I only have a 4 star one but I used him for most of 5.3 with Heimdall synergy
  • MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    TL;DR but wow that is so insightful
  • HavocGamer49HavocGamer49 Posts: 408 ★★★
    Erocks said:

Great and informative post! Now give me Aegon

Lol got the aegon someone give me sig stones
  • Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★
    He is not also a beast for Act 6, also he does great in Aq map5, and incursions.
  • ShannokShannok Posts: 110

agreed i used my aegon to smash my way to cavalier

Exactly what I'm doing right now. He's a lane clearing beast and counters bosses too
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

@Agent_X_zzz how will he work for rage ?; won't be hit the cap to fast?

Not in 6.3 nor 6.4 didn't hit rage cap once.
  • WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,322 ★★★★
    edited October 2020
    Of course Ægon is shining at many things.
    Act 6, Incursions, AQ (my Main there), Cav EQ partly, LoL and Abyss.
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    I cringe every time Brian Grant says he's only worth ranking up for "long form" content such as Abyss or Labyrinth. Ægon was my act 6 MVP. Maybe when BG pulls him, he'll understand.
  • SneakyWarriorSneakyWarrior Posts: 853 ★★★★
    aegon is also great in act five. i use him all the time when i do energy/revive farming in 5.3 and 5.4
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    I’ll also say he’s solid in v3, not a top option but for someone lacking great techs he does work, the attack reduction isn’t the worst thing out there for him
  • WayntosWayntos Posts: 590 ★★
    So what you're getting at Aegon is a pretty good champ possibly top 6 or 7?

Seriously isn't he kind of like quake its going o take tons of practice but quake doesn't need fights to ramp up!
    Wayntos said:

So what you're getting at Aegon is a pretty good champ possibly top 6 or 7?

Seriously isn't he kind of like quake its going o take tons of practice but quake doesn't need fights to ramp up!

Aegon doesn’t require tons of practice, you just need to hold a combo for the most part