**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Rank 5 and awaken an uncommon cosmic champ

OmedennOmedenn Posts: 867 ★★★
edited October 2020 in Strategy and Tips
Would like to awaken and rank 5 a cosmic champ, but not a Corvus, CMM or Hyperion (already have them).

Would love to hear some suggestions from you guys with some underrated or hidden gems in the cosmic class!
Post edited by Kabam Rose on

Comments

• Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Cull.
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    Well, I recently did it with my Terrax. Including awakening him.

I mainly did it because I had catalysts expiring, and because he is as powerful as Ebony Maw, even if only for the memes. He has a nice set of abilities that unfortunatly are tuned up for defense, and one that doesn't let him shine on offense that much.
    But he is kinda fun for shorter fights
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★
    I’d r5 and sig 200 a Kamala in a heartbeat.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    @will-o-wisp haha, he crossed my mind as well! Quite some immunities we should not forget about..
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★

I mainly did it because I had catalysts expiring, and because he is as powerful as Ebony Maw, even if only for the memes. He has a nice set of abilities that unfortunatly are tuned up for defense, and one that doesn't let him shine on offense that much.

wait. did you just give an honest review of a champ
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★

wait. did you just give an honest review of a champ
    Yeh he's like the 2nd best champion in the entire game
  • Options
    @Gmonkey loved my maxed 4*
    Fantastic choice!
  • Options
    Haven’t seen Annihilus coming around yet
  • Options
    TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    For the memes, you should max out Superior Iron Man.
  • Options
    GAMEOVERJamesGAMEOVERJames Posts: 901 ★★★
    edited October 2020

Vision Arrkus;

Really like this guy. His fighting style/rotation is pretty fun and easy to master. His armor break and anti-evade mechanisms are very easy to maintain throughout the fight. His power gain is very satisfying. He is also a decent counter of #robot.

Overall, he is a very solid champ. I think his weaknesses comparing with other top Cosmic Champs are 1)lack of bleed/poison immunity; 2)damage output is not very consistent and requires a bit more time to ramp up; 3)comparing with Medusa, his armor shatter require a bit more steps to “buildup”, otherwise, the armor shatter will not stay long.

• Options
    ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,145 ★★★★★
    Silver Surfer

he is the best cosmic champion for he is speed
  • Options
    Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Surfer! I love playing him.
  • Options
    Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,534 ★★★★★
    The only option is Groot
  • Options
    @Monke rather avoid this guy while questing though! But you are right
  • Options
    @GAMEOVERJames have him currently at rank 4! Good choice mate
  • Options
    Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    Carnage
  • Options

Carnage

@Fluffy_paws , ranked 4 him for variant 5, was positively surprised indeed!

• Options
    Omedenn said:

Carnage

@Fluffy_paws , ranked 4 him for variant 5, was positively surprised indeed!

He's great. I'm holding off on ranking him further bc I want Venom first but I think I'll just have to go for it. I need to make some rankups for v5.
  • Options
    @Fluffy_paws same here, awakened him naturally, so no need to use the gem and a rank 5 carnage doesn't sound to bad. I completed variant 5, but have not enough champs to explore it (due to restrictions).

Working on Longshot and Sorcerer Supreme now
  • Options
    Omedenn said:

@Fluffy_paws same here, awakened him naturally, so no need to use the gem and a rank 5 carnage doesn't sound to bad. I completed variant 5, but have not enough champs to explore it (due to restrictions).

Working on Longshot and Sorcerer Supreme now

Nice!
    I used a gem on Carnage. I also used a gem on Sorcerer Supreme and then later duped her 3 times lol.

I haven't started v5. I've only done v3 completion so far and v2 chapter 1. I think I'll tackle v4 next while making rankups for v5.
    How is Longshot? I know he's great against buff heavy, but in general?
  • Options
    @Fluffy_paws haha, that's MCOC's law, use a gem and get that Champ from your next crystal. I've been there.

V4 is the only variant I have on 100%, was very doable, only that Deadpool x-forxe boss was a little problematic the first ten tries! How is your 1 star list looking like?

I have sorcerer supreme duped at rank 1 and longshot unawakened at rank 3, his SP2 already has a massive damage! can't wait to see what happens when he is ranked up fully. Easy to use, easy to play around with his Karma's. Like you said, a monster against champions with many buffs, but overal a very user friendly champ with a decent damage output.
  • Options
    @Omedenn who did you use for the Electro and Deadpool bosses? I have every 1* champ except Colossus and Hawkeye.
    I just gotta power through the first chapter.
    Nice! I'm hoping to get him soon. He seems fun to play. I have Sorcerer at r3. She has a lot of utility but also so much to remember. Still working on her rotation.
  • Options
    @Fluffy_paws I have used Elsa and Hyperion for Electro, was quite an annoying one, but once you get the rhythm it becomes very doable. His power gain is strong, so it really is a matter of attack, dash back, attack, dash back.

the first time I fought Deadpool I died in a very short term. wasn't prepared for such a fight haha, then I used Thing and did a heavy spam in the corner as Deadpool doesn't use any special attacks. so I did maybe a 100 heavies in a row and he went down (felt like an hour). For me a little unnatural and I didn't like it. costed me a few revives.. for exploration I used dr Doom, that went really well. Hyperion should also work!

after chapter one it is quite 'easy' and especially if you have a one star hulk and one star black panther
  • Options
    Omedenn said:

@Fluffy_paws I have used Elsa and Hyperion for Electro, was quite an annoying one, but once you get the rhythm it becomes very doable. His power gain is strong, so it really is a matter of attack, dash back, attack, dash back.

the first time I fought Deadpool I died in a very short term. wasn't prepared for such a fight haha, then I used Thing and did a heavy spam in the corner as Deadpool doesn't use any special attacks. so I did maybe a 100 heavies in a row and he went down (felt like an hour). For me a little unnatural and I didn't like it. costed me a few revives.. for exploration I used dr Doom, that went really well. Hyperion should also work!

after chapter one it is quite 'easy' and especially if you have a one star hulk and one star black panther

Thanks for the info!
    I have Hype at r5... no Elsa or Doom. I have Sparky at r4. Might build up a the stash a bit more, the boost and hope for the best.
  • Options
    @Fluffy_paws good luck!