**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Mephisto bug - not activating soul charges

Device and Version: Xiaomi Pocophone F1

Device Operating System: Android 10 QKQ1.190828.002

Mobile Carrier: 3 (UK)

Cellular or WiFi: Both

Game Version Installed: 28.2.2

Game Mode: Alliance War, Arena

Champions Affected: Mephisto (6*, rank 2, sig 20)

Active Boosts: None, and no suicides.

Description of the Issue: Mephisto should be activating his Soul Charges when at (or below) 30% health. This did not happen in my AW fight today, no charges were activated, no health gained, no indestructible triggered. Mephisto died with all his Soul Charges intact, which should be impossible. I also encountered this bug in Arena when the opponent was Mephisto.

Details of my AW fight: The opponent was Emma Frost (100 sig) on node 9 (Shifting Hazard, Schadenfreude 2). My attack was intercepted by her basic attack combo (MLLLM) and was KO'd. I was not stunned at the time and there is nothing in her (or the node's description) which could be causing Mephisto to not activate Soul Charges. Please see my pic for evidence of 3 Soul Charges being intact after KO.

Screenshot or Video:

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    edited October 2020

ASSASSIN mastery more than likely lowered your ability accuracy.
  • gahrlinggahrling Posts: 199
    Lormif said:

I disagree. Reason: I have been using Meph in AW and Arena for over 2 years and have never seen this kind of interaction caused by Assassin. The closest would be fighting against Blade, but Dangersense is a completely different scenario to the one above.

I know that Emma Frost can cause Concussion on her SP2, however I only baited SP1's.

Nick Fury has also been bugged in that his sig sometimes doesn't activate when his health is gone, so my suspicion is that this is a Persistent Charge bug, or something similar.
    gahrling said:

Lormif said:

I disagree. Reason: I have been using Meph in AW and Arena for over 2 years and have never seen this kind of interaction caused by Assassin. The closest would be fighting against Blade, but Dangersense is a completely different scenario to the one above.

I know that Emma Frost can cause Concussion on her SP2, however I only baited SP1's.

Nick Fury has also been bugged in that his sig sometimes doesn't activate when his health is gone, so my suspicion is that this is a Persistent Charge bug, or something similar.
    Except danger sense is not completely different. Danger since and assassin do the exact same thing, they lower AAR and prevent him from activating healing, the only difference is that assassin would require that he be knocked from above 30 to 18% or below, where as danger sense does not have that requirement.
    Lormif said:

gahrling said:

Lormif said:

Except danger sense is not completely different. Danger since and assassin do the exact same thing, they lower AAR and prevent him from activating healing, the only difference is that assassin would require that he be knocked from above 30 to 18% or below, where as danger sense does not have that requirement.
    Which only strengthens my evidence that this is a bug, due to the 18% requirement for Assassin to activate.
    gahrling said:

Lormif said:

gahrling said:

Lormif said:

Which only strengthens my evidence that this is a bug, due to the 18% requirement for Assassin to activate.
    it actually does not in any way. You have not provided any sort of video to show how this went down, but to take 12+% damage from a hit, or multiple hits before the effect can trigger, is not unusual, especially in war. And especially considering a 5 hit combo killed you, meaning on average the hits were taking away more than 6% health each anyways. Assassin also explains everything you have mentioned, including that this has happened in arena as well.
    Lormif said:

gahrling said:

Lormif said:

gahrling said:

Lormif said:

it actually does not in any way. You have not provided any sort of video to show how this went down, but to take 12+% damage from a hit, or multiple hits before the effect can trigger, is not unusual, especially in war. And especially considering a 5 hit combo killed you, meaning on average the hits were taking away more than 6% health each anyways. Assassin also explains everything you have mentioned, including that this has happened in arena as well.
    Everything I have stated in my bug report is accurate. There is no video as I do not record every single fight I enter, which would equal to the thousands just on the off-chance there might be a discrepancy.

For me, Assassin alone does not explain this, but a bug in the latest game update does (as there have already been many reported so far, including those affecting persistent charges). And as I've never encountered this before until the last few days, I'm going to wait and see if a Kabam staff member would pass this on to their technical department for assessment.

I have no agenda here and I'm not asking for compensation, this is an honest bug report as I experienced it, from a long term player of Mephisto.

gahrling said:

Lormif said:

gahrling said:

Lormif said:

gahrling said:

Lormif said:

Everything I have stated in my bug report is accurate. There is no video as I do not record every single fight I enter, which would equal to the thousands just on the off-chance there might be a discrepancy.

For me, Assassin alone does not explain this, but a bug in the latest game update does (as there have already been many reported so far, including those affecting persistent charges). And as I've never encountered this before until the last few days, I'm going to wait and see if a Kabam staff member would pass this on to their technical department for assessment.

I have no agenda here and I'm not asking for compensation, this is an honest bug report as I experienced it, from a long term player of Mephisto.

I am going off everything you said, there is a reasonable answer to what caused this, I am not sure why you dont think it explain it, because based on everything you said it does, but you do you. Given that there is actually a likely explanation for it and no video there is likely to be not much done with it though
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

Lies (seriously dude stop with the nonsense), assassin’s is a passive ability which an awakened mephisto is immune to; it is completely different to danger sense which enables Blade to ignore dimensional beings AAR immunities.

Sans Emma’s concussion from a special 2 she has no base ability to prevent mephisto from using his persistent charges.

Lormif said:

Lies (seriously dude stop with the nonsense), assassin’s is a passive ability which an awakened mephisto is immune to; it is completely different to danger sense which enables Blade to ignore dimensional beings AAR immunities.

Sans Emma’s concussion from a special 2 she has no base ability to prevent mephisto from using his persistent charges.
    that is fair and a good counter argument.

Lormif said:

Thank you - I knew that Lormif was incorrect on this but my explanation as to why was lacking. You've explained it much better.
  • DaggaboomDaggaboom Posts: 13
    I noticed it vs mephisto in arena too. My assassins is at 4/5.