**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Monthly Calender SUCKS!!

Comments

• AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    I thought this was a fairly typical calender. Kabam probably shouldn't have done the awesome calender in August giving us 8000 5-star shards, as it's clearly led to a sense of entitlement. It's meant to be a small reward for logging on to a FTP game.

I really can't understand people complaining about the chance for a 4-star Voodoo. He's constantly being referred to as the top mystic champ, and invaluable for all sorts of questing. And you're complaining that there's another chance to obtain/awaken/enhance him? Seriously? Do you remember what people had to score to dupe Voodoo in the arena?

He's not brand new, but we can't really expect to see Blade or Mephisto, whose arenas haven't finished running. And anyway, since when is newer = better? You were happier last month, with Carnage?

You're making too much sense. You don't belong here lol.
  • JT_Wrexz26JT_Wrexz26 Posts: 55
    @Magrailothos
    Bro I'm not saying give us a **** ton of shards or nothing. Im saying put BETTER rewards. Even 250-500 4* and 5* shards and Grandmaster Shards, t4CC shard crystals. I'm not saying give is MAJOR rewards I'm saying give us BETTER rewards
  • WafflesalldayWafflesallday Posts: 189
    Chance at a 4* voodoo for me so I'll be just fine. Although I more than likely won't get one

P.s.
    I didn't even open my Carnage crystal
    Only time I can actually say that I'll be equally disappointed by either result
  • AceDeMoNAceDeMoN Posts: 142
    True
    Maybe they're holding out for Halloween special? But yea this sucks. 5* shards 2 months ago to this trash!
  • Willjackson16Willjackson16 Posts: 289 ★★
    True
    I admit the calendars bad but all the top players thinking they are above everyone else need to get out or shut the hell up
  • ZordakZordak Posts: 14
    True
    Dr Voodoo = 4 star shards plus mystic ISO.

Thats good if you are a noob with a low PI, but this calendar is useless to end gamers.
    True
    Samuel030s wrote: »
    Stop complaining. I'm sorry you all feel so entitled to receive rewards from the game for doing nothing mor ethan logging in, which you don't even have to do every single day to get all the rewards.

You don't understand because your not end game yet.
    edited October 2017
    True
    Snizzbar wrote: »
    I hope Kabam takes note of all you sooky whiners and yanks your calendars. That way there'd still be no one who cares what you think, but at least you'd actually have something to complain about.

Yanks calendars?? Go ahead this calendar is Completly useless to an end gamer. It will only be bad for the noobs trying to become end game. I'm to advanced to benefit from the calendar.

Get ahead in the game get a 4/5 young padawon. Atleast 10 5 starsThen you will know why.
  • UnsaferBinkie7UnsaferBinkie7 Posts: 658 ★★
    Lmao someone said this is a problem for the top players. What? Haha. Even the top players know free rewards are free rewards. If you want 5* shards do arenas, easy 800 shards for hitting like 4-5 mil in the featured arena. If you claim to be a top player and you're honestly complaining a lot over some free rewards that you get for doing nothing.... than idk about the "top player" part lol. :D
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    edited October 2017
    Standing alone, the calendar is demonstrably inferior to the calendars from the last two months. For all of those who insist the calendar is “free,” it’s fair to wonder why the value Kabam places on our time (“free”) and our additions to their metrics (also “free”) has declined month over month (over month) assuming the calendar is all there is for October.

But I’m inclined to reserve judgment just now. Miike has promised something special in October and that may very well be why the calendar for this month is so lackluster. And Miike and the other mods, for all their struggles with getting information straight, are probably more right than wrong on this one.

One final caveat: although it’s reasonable to hope, don’t get too revved about whatever event may or may not be coming for October. The story of Kabam promises and disappointed Summoners is almost a proverb at this stage.

Dr. Zola
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    Zordak wrote: »
    Snizzbar wrote: »
    I hope Kabam takes note of all you sooky whiners and yanks your calendars. That way there'd still be no one who cares what you think, but at least you'd actually have something to complain about.

Yanks calendars?? Go ahead this calendar is Completly useless to an end gamer. It will only be bad for the noobs trying to become end game. I'm to advanced to benefit from the calendar.

Get ahead in the game get a 4/5 young padawon. Atleast 10 5 starsThen you will know why.

As an end gamer, this is not entirely true. The T4B does help, and for some people, the revives and units can help them through difficult content like 5.3 for instance.

As I mentioned before, the calendar rewards are pretty much free. I think that a lot of people's way of thinking here is that the calendar rewards completely define what you are getting for that month only. No people, there's other things you can get rewards from. But for you to get those rewards, you need to actually play the game and work for it. It's not a game if everything is just tossed at you freely.

I strongly agree with the other guy: Maybe Kabam shouldn't have raised the bar so high with the calendars. They give us one very good month of rewards and when any calendar afterwards is not as good as that month, people feel the need to complain about the calendar regardless.

This sense of end-game entitlement needs to stop. Stop expecting 5k 5* shards in every calendar, stop expecting a T4cc in every calendar, just stop it because you are disappointing yourself. The calendar is just one source of rewards, that are free might I add. If you want more rewards, you have to play the game, you need to grind the arena, save up units for LoL, continue doing AQ and AW, finish up Act 5, etc.
  • Ethans8279Ethans8279 Posts: 129
    True
    even though the rewards suck, you guys still log in every day anyway.
  • NinjaWarrior99NinjaWarrior99 Posts: 340
    True
    the calendar may be ****, but kabam gave us a **** load of other problems and glitches to distract us

• GrimmbearGrimmbear Posts: 639 ★★★
    "5.3" "Difficult" Choose one
  • xion360xion360 Posts: 88
    DrZola wrote: »
    Standing alone, the calendar is demonstrably inferior to the calendars from the last two months. For all of those who insist the calendar is “free,” it’s fair to wonder why the value Kabam places on our time (“free”) and our additions to their metrics (also “free”) has declined month over month (over month) assuming the calendar is all there is for October.

But I’m inclined to reserve judgment just now. Miike has promised something special in October and that may very well be why the calendar for this month is so lackluster. And Miike and the other mods, for all their struggles with getting information straight, are probably more right than wrong on this one.

One final caveat: although it’s reasonable to hope, don’t get too revved about whatever event may or may not be coming for October. The story of Kabam promises and disappointed Summoners is almost a proverb at this stage.

Dr. Zola

It's safe to assume 2 things are highly possible this month..

1. a 7 or 14 day Halloween Calendar (last half of the month obviously)
    Reason : For holidays and celebrated occasions Kabam almost always does something for us in the form of a Calendar.

2. A Special Challenge Event (also last half of the month)
    Reason : Correct me if I'm mistaken, but I believe they said 6*s would appear in quest content this month, but we know chapter 4 of act 5 isn't coming this month & no 6* champs in the monthly event, so maybe a special challenge event to introduce them?

I don't know just my thoughts, but if it's a special challenge event these same whiners are going to be complaining it's too hard anyway.
  • adqqedfyvradqqedfyvr Posts: 463
    True
    I'm waiting for a special Halloween calendar with 5* shards and cool champ e.g. green goblin
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
    It's a free calendar for logging in... free items, this never used to be a thing so anything is decent.

Also I expect a special Halloween calendar too, so that will be more items.

Stop crying over something that doesn't need to be done, bunch of immature babies feeling entitled to free good things...
  • True
    True, This Month's calendar truly sucks. Too much disappointed, It should have been punisher 2099 or stark spidey or vulture. I mean, almost everyone's got a voodoo, atleast a 3*, what's the use of duping him again? That's just trash, hoping to see a new halloween calendar or a halloween event that would be a million times better than this calendar. I think they are holding the best rewards for halloween or else they would not have broke thier routine of giving away new champions 3 months after their release, so this is something to do with that, let's hope we get something better to see in the upcoming days....
  • Mm1975Mm1975 Posts: 11
    True
    Same old boring ****
  • QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    lol @ people complaining about FREE stuff
  • QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    you literally don't have to do anything but launch the game and wait for it to load.
  • italian_treeitalian_tree Posts: 79
    True
    Dr Voodoo = 4 star shards plus mystic ISO.

unless your are like a beginner with like no 4* you're only gonna get 125 shards and its not much. Also if you dupe the 3* you don't get really any iso
    True
    Cuteshelf wrote: »
    Cuteshelf wrote: »
    I do agree that it'd be nice if the Monthly Calendar had better rewards, but I'm not going to complain about free stuff. And do remember this is Kabam we're talking about, getting compensation for the game not performing as it should (thanks Grandmaster) isn't something that happens too often
    Mate, attitudes like that are why Kabam gets away with as much as it does.

I suppose I'm just used to it by now. I'm happy (for the most part) with the way the Contest is right now and the only thing I want right now is to be able to continue playing this game for (more) years to come.
    How can you be happy with:
    The increasing number of bugs
    The nerfing of every game mechanic there ever was
    The ever increasing policing of the forums
    The overpriced deals
    The bait and switch tactics of all their deals.....?

I’m so flabbergasted I can’t even think of anything else off the top of my head...

Can anyone help?

cuteshelf you're right man
  • A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    False
    So you would rather have nothing than something?
  • SlySlySlySly Posts: 352 ★★
    Cable wrote: »
    I may be wrong but isn’t this the exact same calendar rewards from a few months ago when DV was in there too?

It's literally the same thing as last month just with Voodoo as champ.
    True
    SlySly wrote: »
    Cable wrote: »
    I may be wrong but isn’t this the exact same calendar rewards from a few months ago when DV was in there too?

It's literally the same thing as last month just with Voodoo as champ.

yup it sure is
    True
    A_Noob_Is1 wrote: »

U could farm what the calendar gives you within a week if you're half decent at he game
  • AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    A_Noob_Is1 wrote: »

Right. Let the monthly login calendar be scrapped altogether, since the players who are complaining hate getting free stuff. Make it happen Kabam.