**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Need opinions on Doc Ock

Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,539 ★★★★★
edited October 2020 in Strategy and Tips
So I just pulled this bad boy from my 6 star crystal.

I've never played with him and I kinda need opinions on how he is.
I've heard that he has his uses in act 6 but that's really all.

Also is there a specific way I should play him?
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,631 ★★★★★
    He has some good utility and can access good damage, but his utility gets a major upgrade with the awakened ability, which is why my 6* Doc doesn't see much use. Definitely not a bad one to pull if you don't have many 6* champs though!
  • FenicoFenico Posts: 306 ★★★
    He can be played even unduped on some basic level but if you want to master him and get everything from him he definitelly needs to be duped and as high sig as possible.
  • Grootman1294Grootman1294 Posts: 864 ★★★★
    As the proud owner of a 5/65 Sig 80 5* doc ock I can safely say that he is really good and fun. He does need the awakened ability to be a bit more practical and cheesy, but he can definitely be played unawakened. He is amazing for Variant 3 and definitely good for certain portions of act 6 as well, at least in my opinion.

Once you get him awakened R2 him. He is awesome.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,739 ★★★★★
    I have a lot of experience w him, so here I come:

Damage - goes up and down a fair bit, but it goes from good to better and back

Health/armor - with the often armor ups and passive attack reduce he canitigate damage from opponent

Utility - his main power is in powerlock and heal block. Powerlock is fairly easy to reach just via hitting, heal block is more difficult

Gameplay: leaves you a lot of options. He is swift, and medium uses tentacles, so he intercepts easily.
  • GNASTYGNASTY Posts: 348 ★★
    Would you R5 a duped 5* Doc Ock if you also have the 6* unawakened?
  • kfd2010kfd2010 Posts: 423 ★★
    I have a 6* R2 sig 20 Doc Ock

I don't use him as nearly as I should but you can do some great things with him. He's one of the power control champs people don't think of. Plus if you get your opponent in the corner with a power lock buff, you can use your heavy to knock it off (for nice damage) and then it'll reapply right after. So you can heavy spam a bunch in the corner for some nice damage. And his heavy has a superb reach.

Heal block can help regenerate health in certain match ups. And he's just a good champ.

He's not the flashiest so people (including myself even) forget about him and then will think "I can use Doc Ock for him, especially while other champs I would are in use"
  • gforcefangforcefan Posts: 381 ★★★
    walkerdog said:

Almost every Variant has a Dr Strange with some sort of boosted power gain. He is one of the best answers to that nonsense. I think he's not quite in the top tier of tech with G99/Ghost/Warlock/maybe-sentinel, but he's solidly above most remaining tech champs. his relatively easily accessed power control and heal block are pretty useful, and you can power-lock heavy-lock them in the corner too.

This is his most valuable use by far (and it should not be underestimated). If you see a power gain DS or Hyperion, then Dr Ock is almost always the best counter. They gain so much power that you keep your power lock on constantly. It actually makes it easier then when they are not on power gain. Also, I found him to be the very best counter to Act 6 Thor Rags boss (especially on a team with CAIW and OG Vision/IM). He completely controls that fight.
  • GildenlowGildenlow Posts: 691 ★★★
    He's an amazing champ, altough he needs to be awakened to be a utility beast.

My suggestion is build up two or more or those charges to 100 and then heavy, direct damage is great.
  • ABOMBABOMB Posts: 564 ★★★
    Landed him as my first 6* a while back and was bummed a bit..but after playing him gotta say my tune changed. The dude is a solid champ and fun to play!
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    edited October 2020
    He's hands down the best option for anything "improved power gain". I really wish I had him for that hectic path in variant 3. In fact, if I didn't have ghost and Hood synergy, I would probably have used my 3* doc Ock to clear that path xD
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,567 ★★★★★
    He’s a pretty good science champ