**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Rankups: 6r2 vs R5 (overall opinions)

DuffMcGruffDuffMcGruff Posts: 401 ★★★
At what point do you rank to 6r2 over 5r5? I'm now sitting at 26 5r5 and 3 6r2. I feel like i have most of the good tier champs ranked up as well as a few in the tier below. I just don't know what direction to go now as i have 6.4 exploration and all of Abyss left to do

Comments

• Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    What I'm wondering about is how to balance between rank 4 5*s and rank 5 5*s. I have 8 rank 5's currently, but only about 6 rank 4's and 2 rank 3's, lol. Well, 6*s are there, but mine are mostly unusable at the moment, so I have to focus on 5*s.

I'm also taking progression a little bit slow-ish, and trying to be cautious and conservative with my rank-ups. I also wonder if this is the way to go. I wait for level up before I do rank-ups, and all of that kinda stuff. I've done a lot of variants and act 6 completion, so I've got a lot of rankup gems and tier 5 basics.

I know this comment sounds a bit vague, but if someone can share progression tips as they went along, that would be nice.
  • GatorSlam_MrvKnGatorSlam_MrvKn Posts: 211
    As a rule of thumb for me, I always r2 a 6, when I plan to r3 them. As that will have them somewhat ready when I do get the materials needed to r3.
    As for doing 5r5, I only do them if they are extremely useful for lots of content, I.e. Corvus, Ghost, Omega, Doom, and if the champion is not available as a 6.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Id say if your r2 options are better than your r5 options and when the extra t5b is worth it or if a t5b just isn't worth that much to you
  • Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    I’m not at the point where I believe ranking up any 6* is more valuable than taking a 5* to R5. My best 6* are already R2 or R3, my next best option to R2 is Havok, while I have tons of 5* at R3-4 I’d rather rank like HB, Red Guardian, CGR, etc.

It’s cheaper resource wise to rank my 5*, and the act 7 beta was doable with 5*. Until R3 is the norm and rank up resources come like candy I’ll continue to choose the 5*
  • Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,722 ★★★★
    edited October 2020

At what point do you rank to 6r2 over 5r5? I'm now sitting at 26 5r5 and 3 6r2. I feel like i have most of the good tier champs ranked up as well as a few in the tier below. I just don't know what direction to go now as i have 6.4 exploration and all of Abyss left to do

For me with my current roster I'm able to complete all of the content and don't need any other specific champs. So I've stopped ranking 5* and have started focusing on getting my 6* to rank 3.

I have a 6*r3 Doom and the next 6* i want to r3 is Ghost & Magneto.
  • Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★

Etm34 said:

I’m not at the point where I believe ranking up any 6* is more valuable than taking a 5* to R5. My best 6* are already R2 or R3, my next best option to R2 is Havok, while I have tons of 5* at R3-4 I’d rather rank like HB, Red Guardian, CGR, etc.

It’s cheaper resource wise to rank my 5*, and the act 7 beta was doable with 5*. Until R3 is the norm and rank up resources come like candy I’ll continue to choose the 5*

You sound like you are at the point where you can rank anyone lol.
    Yeah haha, but I’d rather rank champs I actually enjoy than taking up a 6* just because it’s a 6* I guess was my point.