**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Ghost Rider vs. Mephisto

Why isn’t Ghost Rider immune to the aura of incineration. Isn’t he created from the very fires Mephisto surrounds himself with?

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,753 ★★★★★
    Not every champion can have the same abilities than other's just "because".
    In this game, GR isn't immune to incineration or aura of incineration
  • Mm1975Mm1975 Posts: 11
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    Not every champion can have the same abilities than other's just "because".
    In this game, GR isn't immune to incineration or aura of incineration

I was just wondering if it fell under the same category as The Hood and his invisibility. I believe they had changed the effectiveness of it against Wolverine and Daredevil after the point was brought up that his invisibility should have no affect on them due to their heightened senses
  • DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    Ghost rider should be poison and incinerate immune in addition to his bleed immunity. Or at least immune to mephisto incineration.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,753 ★★★★★
    I think immune to aira of incineration might be "ok". Poison immune no.
    Incinerate immune I doubt it
  • UC439UC439 Posts: 261
    If not immune GR should atleast shrug off incineration or should lower the potency of incineration a lot following kabam's logic- that only his jacket/armor burns due to incineration.

GR cannot be poison immune.
  • JasonMBryantJasonMBryant Posts: 301 ★★
    From a gameplay point of view, I totally get not giving GR all the immunities. He already has so much, giving him more stuff is unfair.

From a story perspective, it does give me a laugh that he doesn't have these immunities. How do you poison something that doesn't have flesh?
  • H3LLSHOW247H3LLSHOW247 Posts: 151
    edited October 2017
    This is true but again you have to look at it from the perspective of game, the game doesn't implement Ghost Rider logic like alot of other characters as well.
  • TwuntTwunt Posts: 149
    I can agree with Kabam on not being poison immune. Poison types can come from underworld or by our definition “plant or allergy-based.” I would guess that GR is susceptible to poisons of spirit? I’m making stuff up I guess but maybe someone understands me.

Incinerate would be cool but don’t hold your breathe. It won’t happen because it’s like within the contest, it doesn’t relate to comics or real world. Rules are made from the Collector/Grandmaster. So...there is that. Virtually, Kabam could say that Wolverine shoots lasers from his claws because this is the battlerealm and Collector is the rule maker. Up is down, down is up, donkey is spoon.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,343 ★★★★★
    edited October 2017
    I haven't set up a GR Vs Mephisto fight yet, but GR's SP2 involves him breathing fire on the opponent. Similarly, Hawkeye's SP2 involves an 'Incendiary' arrow that doesn't inflict incinerate. I'm guessing both of these are fully effective on Mephisto (and Iceman?) who should be immune to all incinerate damage?

Can anyone confirm?
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,541 ★★★★★
    @Raa Do you mean like the way the man who is basically living electricity can get shocked to death by hitting another man made of living electricity?

Dr. Zola
  • XXGhost_RiderXXXXGhost_RiderXX Posts: 245 ★★★
    Look at mephisto, he’s a demon from hell, he wears clothes, and is incinerate immune, and now you have ghost rider, who is also a demon from hell, he also wears clothes, but he is not incinerate immune! This make absolutely no sense! Either mephisto should take incinerate damage (which doesn’t make sense at all) or ghost rider should become incinerate immune (which makes a lot more sense).

The community has been asking for this a long time, I think it’s time we get it, especially due to the logic above!

Kabam, I want your logic behind this, but please do exclude “oh ghost rider wears clothes that burn”!
  • muddy17muddy17 Posts: 227
    in what logic should u be able to poison a demon? and as far as incinerate goes...GR, colossus, should be immune.... but iceman no... hes been melted, evaporated and always returned. but was never immune... also.. how can a robot WHO BENDS ALL ENERGY TO HIS WILL. take shock damage.......
    muddy17 wrote: »
    in what logic should u be able to poison a demon? and as far as incinerate goes...GR, colossus, should be immune.... but iceman no... hes been melted, evaporated and always returned. but was never immune... also.. how can a robot WHO BENDS ALL ENERGY TO HIS WILL. take shock damage.......

I totally agree about Iceman. If the air around him is heated it robs the air of the moisture he needs to create ice. (I know that some da so geeky of me but hey I play a superhero game....)
    I haven't set up a GR Vs Mephisto fight yet, but GR's SP2 involves him breathing fire on the opponent. Similarly, Hawkeye's SP2 involves an 'Incendiary' arrow that doesn't inflict incinerate. I'm guessing both of these are fully effective on Mephisto (and Iceman?) who should be immune to all incinerate damage?

Can anyone confirm?

I have used GR and I usually just use his first special to fate seal the incineration( not that it works all the time). I will try
  • ImranImran Posts: 587 ★★★
    I think, ghost rider should be damage immune as well. U can't hurt a skeleton right??? lol, we are made from soil/cley. So soil can't hurt us??!! Every year many human just died for hills collapse. Devils made from fire. After judgement day, they all will throne to hell fire. So Fire burning fire. And what about juggernaut?? His body actually immune to any physical damage. Does he has this ability in this game?? No, right.
  • As per comics Mephisto created Ghost Rider, hence he is not immune to the aura of incineration.... I guess
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,541 ★★★★★
    DrZola wrote: »
    @Raa Do you mean like the way the man who is basically living electricity can get shocked to death by hitting another man made of living electricity?

Dr. Zola

Revisiting this one because it feels even sillier now that Electro no longer shocks Electro and electricity-powered champs suddenly have shock resistance. Maybe there’s hope for GR yet...in a few years.

Dr. Zola
  • YouconfusedYouconfused Posts: 271
    Give us flame immune GR, Phoenix, and Dormammu!! INCENERATING Phoenix should increase her fury effectiviensss, Dormammu should just be immune, and GR should get a power boost or debuff/buff increased timing.