**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

5* Omega Red!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,442 ★★★★★

Anybody got any tips on how to use him? What to do with him?
I have 3 5* mutant 2-3 gems from variants, so I might just take him up for the heck of it, but I wanna hear your guys thoughts

Thanks!
Monke

Comments

• The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Omega is definitely worth the investment of an awakening gem and sig stones. He is the king of suicides but still a banging champ without them. Its recommended you run him with the sabretooth or deadpool synergy as he gains spores way faster.If you get a mutant gem, pop it into Omega but if you get a generic, use it on Nick Fury I guess as you will get an immediate benefit and Nick doesn't need any stones.
  • SneakyWarriorSneakyWarrior Posts: 853 ★★★★
    Monke said:

unduped omega red is nowhere near effective as duped omega red but he still retains a lot of his utility. i highly reccommend investing as many sig stones as possible for him because its absolutely worth it. i clear 6.1 fights in sub 20 hits mainly with his big degen damage.

IDK if I should put a gem into him. I have none (😭) , but if I do get a generic, I might use it on Nick Fury over him. I'm still a bit flustered with it, but I hope once I get an awakening gem, my roster will turn for the better
    use the generic on nick cuz he dont need any sigs (unless you wanna chuck him on defence) but if you get a mutant ag 100% use it on omega. at the bare minimum he needs sig 100 but your max damage will come from sig200.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,738 ★★★★★
    Either get suicides and give him 120+ sig stones, or let him warm your bench
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Ah yes, this dude I kept hunting for a while. Put on suicides, and was expectant to get him. Ended up not getting the guy at any rarity. I've given up on hunting for him. God knows when I'm turning Suicides back on. Until then, even if I did get him, he's staying at rank 1.
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    edited November 2020
    He needs a lot of investment but the payoff is huge. Defo needs awakening to a high level and ideally run with ST or DPX to get spores up fast. Makes a huge difference. In AQ for eg I run him with low rank 4* ST and it’s worth losing the 3rd slot because omega tears through everything. Imo he really wants suicides too on top of that.

Sig 200 / ST synergy / full suicides he’s a top 5 champ imo and has done so much work in all aspects of the game on my account with that setup.

Without suicides for me he got a lot less use. Was mainly rolling him out when I needed his non contact / tentacle utility, korg, electro etc. For general path clearing, immunity matchups I would typically use other champs. I know others use him perfectly well without suicides but in my roster it would have been a waste of all the generics I put into him and the resources to take him to r5. Could have left him at lower sig and r4 for the use he got.
  • Captain_NietschCaptain_Nietsch Posts: 481 ★★

I got a 5/65 200 sig OR. I don’t run suicide masteries anymore. He’s still OP for some paths/nodes. 100 % worth r5, AG and every sig stone you can get.

Yeah, I agree! I don't use suicides either, but Omega Red is still one of my top champs!
  • furgburgiesfurgburgies Posts: 8
    If u don't have at least 150 sig stones I wouldn't rank him up
  • MCOCHazzaMCOCHazza Posts: 839 ★★★
    Ideally:

Run suicides, especially double edge for the death field.

Have him awakened and high sig (150+, the more the better)

Sabretooth/DPXF synergy is very valuable for spore buildup.

Lock in the spores with the heavy attack degen.

Stay aggressive in fights.

Don’t ever say he’s a bad champ

That’s all I can think of
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    Monke > Omega Red