**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Gambit update

So I noticed in the spotlight it says when he charges his heavy attack his special attack damage increases by 40%, but in the game it shows it as 30%. Which is it?

Comments

• Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Saiyan said:

ItsDamien said:

Aleor said:

ItsDamien said:

Fabwizi said:

Where are these 180k numbers coming from,my level 1 six star crits for 60k against the punching bag , and crits are super rare.

Everyone does not have apolocalyps and apo makes every mutant crazy

This wasn't with Apocalypse synergy. I don't have him.

Also you're using a level 1? I assume you mean R1 level 25.

For those curious, go against the punching bag, Gambit, Magneto, Wolvie, Red Cyclops, Warlock. Give that a try and see if you notice a difference.
    9k+27k, or 34k+78k crits with that team, no subsides
    11k+28k, 35k+82k crits with cyclops, beast, bp and colossus

Selling his damage with those synergies is like selling any mutant damage with 40% attack boost. And so you plan to always bring him with that team? He already has class bonus vs ws. Comparing to ghost is unavoidable. And she his harder, has more utility and you don't have to hold block, wich is imo is the worst mechanic in game.
    Also why would you need to bring Gambit, if you have Magneto?
    He was my favourite character since 90s cartoon, but the only thing I favour about him in game is his looks. Now he's not as bad as he used to be, but still nothing fancy
    That doesn't detract from the fact that he is more than able to produce that damage.

The reason to bring that team while bringing Magneto? Same reason that you'd bring OR when using Magneto, different tools for different fights, if an enemy isn't Magnetic, I'd use Gambit instead.

Comparing to Ghost? Nothing really compares to Ghost with what she can do, but playing the same characters all the time is boring. Trust me, the side event was proof enough of running the Ghost trinity all the time is boring.

Also holding block doesn't really stop you from using his utility. You can use it for heavy baiting, and other mechanics, and it's not particularly hard to space enough to get your 10 charges without actually taking block damage.

But heres the TLDR. I'm not saying Gambit is the best champion. I'm saying that his 400% prowess down to 300% doesn't negatively impact him to the point that people are saying that his buff is disappointing. He has utility, and damage, and is a great alternative to other champs that some people might not have. Saying that he's a disappointment because his damage got toned down slightly, is a bad argument.

And tomorrow once AQ is over, I will post him doing 180k+ on his SP2 with no boosts to show I wasn't talking nonsense, currently he's in AQ with Mags and Warlock because I wanted to have FUN in a game which is ultimately more important that a big DPS swinging contest.
    Bruh I'm badly waiting to see this video of your Gambit. Please also show you STARTING ROL and doing the fight with NO EDITS so we can see your team and if any boost are being used. We have 0 reason to trust you and you're making some big claims.
    As soon as AQ is over I will, so you can expect one in about 15ish hours.
  • Options
    SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

Saiyan said:

ItsDamien said:

Aleor said:

ItsDamien said:

Fabwizi said:

Where are these 180k numbers coming from,my level 1 six star crits for 60k against the punching bag , and crits are super rare.

Everyone does not have apolocalyps and apo makes every mutant crazy

This wasn't with Apocalypse synergy. I don't have him.

Also you're using a level 1? I assume you mean R1 level 25.

For those curious, go against the punching bag, Gambit, Magneto, Wolvie, Red Cyclops, Warlock. Give that a try and see if you notice a difference.
    9k+27k, or 34k+78k crits with that team, no subsides
    11k+28k, 35k+82k crits with cyclops, beast, bp and colossus

Selling his damage with those synergies is like selling any mutant damage with 40% attack boost. And so you plan to always bring him with that team? He already has class bonus vs ws. Comparing to ghost is unavoidable. And she his harder, has more utility and you don't have to hold block, wich is imo is the worst mechanic in game.
    Also why would you need to bring Gambit, if you have Magneto?
    He was my favourite character since 90s cartoon, but the only thing I favour about him in game is his looks. Now he's not as bad as he used to be, but still nothing fancy
    That doesn't detract from the fact that he is more than able to produce that damage.

The reason to bring that team while bringing Magneto? Same reason that you'd bring OR when using Magneto, different tools for different fights, if an enemy isn't Magnetic, I'd use Gambit instead.

Comparing to Ghost? Nothing really compares to Ghost with what she can do, but playing the same characters all the time is boring. Trust me, the side event was proof enough of running the Ghost trinity all the time is boring.

Also holding block doesn't really stop you from using his utility. You can use it for heavy baiting, and other mechanics, and it's not particularly hard to space enough to get your 10 charges without actually taking block damage.

But heres the TLDR. I'm not saying Gambit is the best champion. I'm saying that his 400% prowess down to 300% doesn't negatively impact him to the point that people are saying that his buff is disappointing. He has utility, and damage, and is a great alternative to other champs that some people might not have. Saying that he's a disappointment because his damage got toned down slightly, is a bad argument.

And tomorrow once AQ is over, I will post him doing 180k+ on his SP2 with no boosts to show I wasn't talking nonsense, currently he's in AQ with Mags and Warlock because I wanted to have FUN in a game which is ultimately more important that a big DPS swinging contest.
    Bruh I'm badly waiting to see this video of your Gambit. Please also show you STARTING ROL and doing the fight with NO EDITS so we can see your team and if any boost are being used. We have 0 reason to trust you and you're making some big claims.
    As soon as AQ is over I will, so you can expect one in about 15ish hours.
    I'll hold you to it.

Also on another note I've realised the more I think about it that Havok is a better version of Gambit overall with only two exceptions being Bleed resist and stun abilities.

Prowess is better on Havok, you can get 100% reliable damage from Havok and more so than Gambit (SP3 damage is guaranteed as opposed to Gambit's chance to do big damage on his SP2), both hate armor ups, both don't make contact with the same attacks (Gambit doesn't contact with specials also tho but just use Havoks SP3 anyway), Incinerate immune is more rare and Gambit can lose his bleed resist, Havok gains bleed resist and does better with the extra effects from Apocalypse (tho the perfect block is nice), Havok has actual good synergies, Havok has a more reliable heal block and deals passive damage over time, etc etc.

Prove me wrong.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    He isn't supposed to be the best. That was clarified. The base purpose of these buffs is to make the Champs better than they were. They're not all necessarily going to end up like Colossus.
  • Options
    kingbradley1297kingbradley1297 Posts: 119 ★★

He isn't supposed to be the best. That was clarified. The base purpose of these buffs is to make the Champs better than they were. They're not all necessarily going to end up like Colossus.

Still fail to explain why 400% is that much more OP than 300%. it requires a lot of setting up to hold block for those 10 charges in act 6 against all that chip damage. For sunspot, 400% is like 2-3 charges.
  • Options
    Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★

Still fail to explain why 400% is that much more OP than 300%. it requires a lot of setting up to hold block for those 10 charges in act 6 against all that chip damage. For sunspot, 400% is like 2-3 charges.
    They literally did. When gambit has a high signature ability his damage is way to OP. It’s not a lot of setting up.

You don’t even have to take chip damage anymore.

• Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    @Saiyan I guess I was lying.... not 180k, only 170k now that I can watch the footage back.

https://youtu.be/oVS1casypTc