**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Ghost: Opinions and Feedback [Title edited for clarity]

ProximaMidnight_8ProximaMidnight_8 Posts: 285 ★★
edited November 2020 in General Discussion
Why does everybody like ghost? I really don't see why. She is only good if you have the wasp synergy. I have a 6 star and she has really been a disappointment so far. Can someone please explain why everybody loves this champion so much or what im doing wrong because I've been playing for 3 years and ghost is my first and only 6 star and I've been very dissapointed so far.

Post edited by Kabam Boo on

Comments

• Options
    ProximaMidnight_8ProximaMidnight_8 Posts: 285 ★★
    Yeah my main problem is every time I try to throw a special, they immediately block because I have to dash back to phase first so I never land any specials.
  • Options
    RaviDaviRaviDavi Posts: 800 ★★★

Yeah my main problem is every time I try to throw a special, they immediately block because I have to dash back to phase first so I never land any specials.

I've got a Ghost yesterday and I'm starting to play content with her. She is difficult to use indeed. I think a solution to your problem could be to parry the opponent, dash back then immediately activate special.
  • Options
    No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★
    edited November 2020

If you arent using wasp, build to sp2 and, instead of dashing back and throwing your special, do a parry into dash back into special. This let's you have the guaranteed crits on your special whilst they are stunned, preventing them from blocking or dashing back on your special.
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★

that comes with practice. I never use wasp with ghost, and I still wouldn't, even if I had a 5*. It's generally not needed and only necessary when you need to cycle them with a power booster. otherwise, you can bait a heavy or a dash. It really just comes down to playing with her and knowing when the opponent is coming in
  • Options
    shield456shield456 Posts: 1,979 ★★★
    Watch @Karatemike415 for ghost vids
  • Options
    shield456shield456 Posts: 1,979 ★★★
    My 1st is mojo
  • Options
    No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★
    Additionally, two of Ghosts big benefits are missing from your testing (assumedly). She gains a lot of benefit from being sig 200 as you can gain lots of power while they hit into your phase. The rotation that I use to a lot of success is phase, let them hit 1-4 times, medium to intercept, rinse repeat.

Secondly, the damage really increases with the furies you get from purifying debuffs. A good training grounds for this is the current months side event. 3 of the paths do debuffs incredibly frequently that you can phase off, making your 6k medium hit more like 12k or even 20k if you get a lot of them. It's great to counter a lot of problem nodes in the game like Biohazard, but if you arent purifying any debuffs then you're not going to see the amazing damage that people talk about.

She's great unawakened and without debuffs from the utility standpoint mostly - the ability to phase all direct hits is incredibly useful, which should not be undervalued.
  • Options
    MattstafariMattstafari Posts: 688 ★★★
    She does take practice but, once you get her you'll be a convert.
    Try her in the hades invasions side quest, she ramps up so fast from the debuffs. You can keep trying because it's 0 energy so, it's a great quest to practice ghost and see her shine.
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Imagine what this guy would say when he gets Quake. 😆
  • Options
    Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★
    She’s not too hard to play, dash back, 2 hits into phase (If awakened, if not just take 1) medium, dash back rinse repeat until she’s a sp2. Might want to do a heavy for more damage. Parry, dash back and throw the special with no wasp synergy or just hold block and wait for them to dash in, then dash back and throw it
  • Options
    Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,724 ★★★★

Why does everybody like ghost? I really don't see why. She is only good if you have the wasp synergy. I have a 6 star and she has really been a disappointment so far. Can someone please explain why everybody loves this champion so much or what im doing wrong because I've been playing for 3 years and ghost is my first and only 6 star and I've been very dissapointed so far.

Why do you feel she is horrible?
  • Options
    Pancake_FacePancake_Face Posts: 1,390 ★★★★
    Just practice. I don't like her play style Im a Starky guy but she is really good
  • Options
    Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Get this man a Joe fixit.
  • Options
    NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,911 ★★★★★
    She is easy to play and you really need wasp but having wasp is a benefit
  • Options
    -sixate--sixate- Posts: 1,532 ★★★★★
    She has a different playstyle that doesn't suit everyone. She needs a dupe and high sig to be a different animal. Can get to those sp2's so fast at max sig it's nuts. She bypasses so much crappy content it's worth practicing. My R3 6* makes my life easy peasy, easily my favorite champ.
  • Options
    Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★
    Ghost is either top 1 or 2nd champ in the game.

Furies and precision all day long
    phase is fun
    unblockable special thru syn
    tanking sp3 thru syn
    evade counter
    incursion mvp
    aw god tier attacker
  • Options
    JragonMaster170JragonMaster170 Posts: 2,044 ★★★★★
    edited November 2020
    Ghost was your first six star!? And you're complaining! Holy moly!

You just need to practice playing her, and you don't need synergies
  • Options
    SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,992 ★★★★
    If you don't want her you can always give her to me! :D
    I will never get her :'(
  • Options
    Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,724 ★★★★
    edited November 2020
    Alot of people had complained about this month's side quest, but for Ghost, she was able to clear every path and no boost required.

https://youtu.be/8Ez9_arpyuU
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    Prolly the best champ in the game, at least in the top three, and you think she is horrible?

Sure, without Wasp you need to be more creative to get open sp2s, but it isn't that hard.

But "horrible"? That's ridiculous.