**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Fall Check-In Reactions

TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
If anyone hasn't read it, here's the link: https://playcontestofchampions.com/dev-diary-the-fall-check-in/

I think all of this is good news. At least we know where different things are at. I, for one, am very excited about the Wish crystal. What I hope it is is somewhat like how featured cavs or grandmasters are now, where you have a normal chance for a 3, 4, 5, or even 6 star champ, and then a small chance at getting one exclusive or featured champion. I think it would be really cool if we could pick one champion that we want, and they have an increased chance of being pulled in a normal 5 or 6 star crystal. Other than that, our official act 7 release date is December 9. Any thoughts about any of this?

Comments

• Negative_100Negative_100 Posts: 1,650 ★★★★
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,897 ★★★★★
    First of all, I’m glad they updated us. It at least looks like they’re willing to change for good this time.

As for the content in here, it seems only positive to me. Release date for Act 7 is great, and more champ updates than we were expecting is incredible. Summer of pain is a bit of a bummer, but I’m willing to forgive that

I’m glad they actually acknowledged when they didn’t meet their target. We all get it’s a difficult time, and game design isn’t smooth in normal times. But it’s so much nicer to see it acknowledged than just corporate spin.

Of course, I don’t think the changes they’ve implemented are perfect. Act 6 reworks didn’t go far enough, arena rewards needed improved a bit more and help all was a bit of a flop.

But I’m excited for the future. Root is a great mechanic. Most of the things they’re going for have been successes. Dual class crystals have been revolutionary, and confirmation that they’re coming for 6 stars unless they see something drastic is great
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★

First of all, I’m glad they updated us. It at least looks like they’re willing to change for good this time.

As for the content in here, it seems only positive to me. Release date for Act 7 is great, and more champ updates than we were expecting is incredible. Summer of pain is a bit of a bummer, but I’m willing to forgive that

I’m glad they actually acknowledged when they didn’t meet their target. We all get it’s a difficult time, and game design isn’t smooth in normal times. But it’s so much nicer to see it acknowledged than just corporate spin.

Of course, I don’t think the changes they’ve implemented are perfect. Act 6 reworks didn’t go far enough, arena rewards needed improved a bit more and help all was a bit of a flop.

But I’m excited for the future. Root is a great mechanic. Most of the things they’re going for have been successes. Dual class crystals have been revolutionary, and confirmation that they’re coming for 6 stars unless they see something drastic is great

Yea, I agree with this. The only small change that they could do that would largely affect the community would be arena rewards. For 4* basic, it should be 3* shards, for 4* and 5* featured, it should be 4* shards. PHC shards don't help anyone who is past act 3
  • Grootman1294Grootman1294 Posts: 863 ★★★★
    Spring of suffering?

So they are planning on pushing it back by almost a year?

Pretty hefty if you ask me lol
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,332 ★★★★★
    edited November 2020
    Honestly didn't realize how many things had been updated or improved over the last few months.

We all have a tendency to focus on the negatives (summer of pain not happening) but there have been a lot of improvements, and I'm overall happy with the direction.
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★

Spring of suffering?

So they are planning on pushing it back by almost a year?

Pretty hefty if you ask me lol

Spring could be February. Summer could've been August. That's only 6 months
  • Grootman1294Grootman1294 Posts: 863 ★★★★
    Most of the rest was good stuff.... But please.... Nerf 6.2.5
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    What I'm mostly annoyed about is them not talking about removing that damn help system!
  • SgtSlaughter78SgtSlaughter78 Posts: 462 ★★★
    Good news for me. The fact they are talking about being here for another 5 years means they are not thinking about winding the game down in 12/18 months. I know things haven’t been perfect (what ever is?!) but good to know that there is a long term future for the game.
  • TheHoodedDormammuTheHoodedDormammu Posts: 1,448 ★★★
    Did they just confirm that dd netflix''s overhaul would make him worthy of his name just like red magneto??? Hope he becomes r5 worthy
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,522 ★★★★
    Stoked for v6 too, hoping it comes with daredevil which would be fitting
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,261 ★★★★
    A nerd like me enjoys seeing stats.

"insane Omega Boss Rush challenge of 31 bosses in one run that 85,801 managed to take down."
    That seems like a smaller number than I would have thought.

Hopefully they share more of these stats.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    Kudos to Kabam. They have accomplished a lot of things over the last few months and I am glad they are keeping us updated.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    I honestly don’t think it’s a coincidence Netflix Daredevil is getting buffed since V6 is about him and Luke Cage...
  • Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★

I honestly don’t think it’s a coincidence Netflix Daredevil is getting buffed since V6 is about him and Luke Cage...

so jessica jones is confirmed is what you are saying?
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    Moot4Life said:

i wish. more like they’re buffing him so he can be a god of v6
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,672 ★★★★★
    Moot4Life said:

Youll get to see her for a few lines of dialog lol.