**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Magneto (red) vs Map 5 Doom boss, bugged? [NOT BUG]

Bossmode12Bossmode12 Posts: 105
edited November 2020 in General Discussion
Whenever I attempt to use Magneto for this fight Doom is able to ko me with one hit. I charge the heavy to build prowess right before getting to my S3 but Doom hits thru the unstoppable to kill me. This happening to anyone else? What am I doing wrong? I’m not too worried about it as I can easily defeat Doom with Nick Fury but am really curious what the mistake is or if this fight is bugged. Thanks for any feedback.
Post edited by Kabam Boo on

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2020
    I don’t know how to post a video but that’s the strike that knocked me out. Fight over 9 hits to 1. And it’s happened multiple attempts.
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    hes probably able to one shot you because the damage is so high
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    I suppose. But 38% health from taking a hit while unstoppable? Seems a tad high. I suppose the 9 parry/heavy leading up to it did take the other 62% of my health tho.
  • Options
    horrendous_toohorrendous_too Posts: 228 ★★
    unstoppable doesn't prevent you from taking the damage from the hit. and I assume that 40k doom has at least a 10 k attack? and you only have 38% health so he probably did 10k and you died.
  • Options
    I suppose. I missed the dex on his S2 while fighting with Nick fury and survived and won the fight but one medium wipes out 40% of magneto. Doesn’t seem right. And I don’t recall taking damage while unstoppable against much larger fights like the 6.4 darkhawk boss which i easily defeated on the first attempt with this same magneto.
  • Options

• Options
    Hmmm. Also at 2:12, my unstoppable is gone and he crits. Does he nullify it right as he’s striking maybe
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Or he lands at the exact nanosecond my unstoppable wears off(still says unstoppable on the screen)...? I guess. Creating this same scenario 3 times in a row seemed more like a but than chance but whatever.
  • Options
    SatsuiNoHadouSatsuiNoHadou Posts: 753 ★★★
    It’s a case of his crit damage due to his high attack rating immediately killing you before you’re able to land a hit on him due to unstoppable. Unstoppable allows you to counterattack the opponent only if you survive the initial hit
  • Options

Hmmm. Also at 2:12, my unstoppable is gone and he crits. Does he nullify it right as he’s striking maybe

we can't see the video btw. unstoppable doesn't prevent the hit from landing or doing damage. the unstoppable works and if you survived, you would have been able to launch it. but you died, so you can't attack and the ui for buffs and stuff disappears. im not really sure what you're confused about
  • Options

I suppose. I missed the dex on his S2 while fighting with Nick fury and survived and won the fight but one medium wipes out 40% of magneto. Doesn’t seem right. And I don’t recall taking damage while unstoppable against much larger fights like the 6.4 darkhawk boss which i easily defeated on the first attempt with this same magneto.

you still take damage when unstoppable and are attacking
  • Options
    Must be this. Damn 3-3, so the next 7 attempts should go well for me I gues hahaha

• Options

Must be this. Damn 3-3, so the next 7 attempts should go well for me I gues hahaha

Doom can’t nullify on normal contact if he doesn’t have his aura up, and clearly from the screenshot he doesn’t
  • Options

no, it has nothing to do with doom's nullify. when you're unstoppable and take a hit, you still take the full damage. the only thing that changes is that you can instantly counter attack. you died from the hit, so you couldn't retaliate. I can try to show a video of this on someone else that doesn't have nullify
  • Options
    Unstoppable shrugs off all attacks.
  • Options

but you still take the full damage from it. if you die, it doesn't matter if you are unstoppable
  • Options
    KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,416 ★★★★★

Nope. You take the damage from the attack no matter what. Just that you don't move from that spot so you can respond immediately.
  • Options
    UnidentifiedCreatureUnidentifiedCreature Posts: 589 ★★★

I suppose. But 38% health from taking a hit while unstoppable? Seems a tad high. I suppose the 9 parry/heavy leading up to it did take the other 62% of my health tho.

His attack and block penetration are absurdly high, that's why.

True, but you still take damage from them.
  • Options
    This sequence:

Mags is unstoppable -> doom hits you while unstoppable and his hit take priority -> you’re dead from the damage before the reactionary counter attack from mags can take effect.
  • Options
    Iron_Patriot_is_litIron_Patriot_is_lit Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    Unstoppable just prevents you from going into the struck animation. Everything else is the same.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,189 ★★★★★
    U dies because of the danmged. If it was Instructoble or what it call u wil not had dies two defrinds mechanics
  • Options
    UnidentifiedCreatureUnidentifiedCreature Posts: 589 ★★★
    Akumaccb said:

This sequence:

Mags is unstoppable -> doom hits you while unstoppable and his hit take priority -> you’re dead from the damage before the reactionary counter attack from mags can take effect.

Perfect explanation. Couldn't have said it better myself...
  • Options
    Good to know thanks everyone. Literally never noticed taking any damage while unstoppable previously. And used him a ton while completing act 6.4.