**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Meet the 2020 Summoner Showdown Asia/Oceania Region Semi Finalists - Extended Edition!

Greetings Summoners!

Now that we've met our Americas Semi-Finalists, let's meet some of the Summoners competing against them for the title of Summoner Showdown champion! These 3 Summoners are our semi-finalists for the Asia/Oceania Region!

Angerdanger
Satsui No Hadou
Apdo

Read all about them below in this interview with UMCOC's Dragon!
Post edited by Kabam Miike on

Comments

• Angerdanger

Are you a fan of the Marvel movies? Comics? Cartoons? What made you pick up Marvel Contest of Champions?
    I'm a fan of the MCU. I downloaded the game the first year it came out but I barely played it. I started actually playing MCoC after stumbling upon a youtube video around 2018.

What is one of your favorite in-game moments? (Specific fight, war matchup, one shot, etc)
    Pulling a 6-star Ghost.

What alliance are you in (if any!) and why do you love it?
    Not currently in an alliance.

What’s the history behind your in-game name?
    It was a name my brother came up with and I’ve been using it for a long time.

What character would you love to see join Marvel Contest of Champions?
    I wouldn't mind seeing more symbiotes/symbiote+character mashups, even though we already have a lot of them.

What keeps you hooked on the game and coming back for more?
    The new content that comes out every month.

What is your favorite game mode (AQ, AW, Arena, Incursions, etc), and why?
    Incursions. It's very fun when you get the right hacks for your team and you start melting the enemies.

What moment are you most proud of in the game, outside of qualifying for the semi-finals?
    Probably first clear of Abyss.

Have you done the Abyss? If so, favorite and least favorite fights? Any tips for those yet to complete it?
    I've just done one path. Favourite fights would be the cosmic Champions. Least favourite would be Collector and Joe FixIt. Tips would be to plan and research your paths, and farm revives and potions. Having Ægon also helps... so just be lucky.

What motivates you to do challenges like this one? Any highlights from this one that you want to call out?
    I find the challenge fun and exciting, especially the theorycrafting and seeing your name on the leaderboard. Highlight would be waking up to an invite to the semi-finals after dying to Silver Surfer 1400+ times...

Everyone loves advice from an expert - what advice would you give new players, and on the same hand, what advice would you give to a new Cavalier player looking to advance their account?
    For beginners my boring answer would be to watch a lot of videos (the game is so complicated and there are so many random mechanics and interactions between Champions and nodes) and spend all your units on masteries.

For advancing players, assess the needs of your roster and find any weak spots. The new Dual crystals are nice for that. Also Quake and Ghost are pretty good Champs, you might wanna learn them.

Most unusual place for a crystal pull? Was it lucky?
    Don't remember any specific moments which means I probably haven't had one.

Last but not least - if you could ask for one thing in The Contest, what would it be?
    It's already been announced, but I've been waiting for a Raid Boss type alliance mode.
  • Satsui No Hadou

Are you a fan of the Marvel movies? Comics? Cartoons? What made you pick up Marvel Contest of Champions?
    I’m such a huge fan of all things Marvel! Some of my most favorite cartoons are the 90s X-Men animated series, as well as the Spider-Man animated series. I always looked forward to Saturday mornings when I was a kid so that I could catch them.

My favorite comic arcs were Age of Apocalypse, Days of Future Past, House of M, and Infinity Gauntlet. These have left such a memorable impression on me and have stood the test of time, a true testament to the excellent writing that these arcs had!

I basically chanced upon MCoC when I was looking for a new iOS game to pick up. I downloaded it, found that it was very similar to other games I’d played, albeit with Marvel characters, and the rest as they say is history!

What is one of your favorite in-game moments? (Specific fight, war matchup, one shot, etc)
    That would have to be when I managed to fully evade Doctor Doom’s SP2 special attacks 13x in a row (with Omega Red) when facing him as an Alliance War Boss until my sweaty fingers eventually gave out.

Another favorite moment I had was getting 14 million+ points in Alliance Quest Map 7 by defeating all the Mini Bosses and the Doctor Doom boss with Quake; a personal milestone for me and one that I always aim to better in the future!

I’m part of Omega Fight currently, an awesome alliance with members that are all on the same wavelength. Overall an awesome bunch of people to fight alongside with and share pointers with. I’ve met up with some of the local alliance mates in person as well, and we had such a bash playing MCoC and popping crystals together over a hearty meal.

I’ve always been a huge fan of fighting games ever since I had my first taste with Street Fighter 2 back when I was a 9 year old. So fast forward more than 2 decades later, I decided to adopt this IGN as I really like characters like Akuma (Gouki for those in Japan). The meaning of Satsui No Hadou is “Surge of Murderous Intent”, aka the Dark Hado, which is basically the technique that Akuma and Evil Ryu both employ. A disclaimer to the kids in the community, though: Don’t Try This At Home!

I’d love to see the inter-dimensional God-like being known as Shuma-Gorath. He’s immortal, nigh-invincible and can destroy multiple galaxies at will. It’d be interesting to see how he would play in the Battlerealm.

A Marvel fighting game with such a rich history of characters and storyline to tap on, coupled with deep gameplay mechanics makes for an awesome recipe to keep me hooked. I simply couldn’t ask for more. Oh, and the punishing content that satiates my appetite for more punishment too!

I really like Alliance War as it allows me to really test my mettle under pressure. Alliance Quest I like whenever new seasons or variants launch so I can experience the newly refreshed content. And I always like a fresh dose of any endgame content so I can try for the Legend tags. Well, maybe not so much this time as I have pretty much burnt up all my endurance doing Legend Runs for Act 6.

What moment are you most proud of in the game, outside of qualifying for the semi-finals?
    That would have to be when I was in my former alliance of SGCE and everyone put in maximum effort to get a Masters placement in Alliance War. That accomplishment was oh so satisfying! A close second would be when I ran the Gauntlet of Doom and took down 3 Doom Mini Bosses and the Doom Boss in Alliance War with back-to-back one shots a few seasons ago.

Have you done the Abyss? If so, favorite and least favorite fights? Any tips for those yet to complete it?
    Favorite fight would have to be using Doom vs Captain Marvel Movie and just watching her melt away as mystics are just not her cup of tea. Least favorite fight would be the first fight to ramp up Ægon as that’s really slow going.
    My advice for those who have yet to do initial completion is to always try your best to remain composed and do the appropriate research before embarking on Abyss of Legends so that you know the correct tactics and team to employ. To save on units, adequate pre-farming for potions and revives. Last but not least, get comfy and boost up during fights as you want to maximize the damage output at your disposal. Try to do the easy path for initial completion, and apply the same principles when going for 100% exploration. Oh and do keep an open mind in terms of mastery switching on the fly, as some combinations work better than others for certain fights!

What motivates you to do challenges like this one? Any highlights from this one that you want to call out?

I’m always motivated to see where I stack up amongst the very best. I am always mindful that there’s always someone better than me out there and that offers me a target to try to reach. In the process of going for such challenges, my skill level also improves, so I take that as a win-win situation.

The feeling of euphoria when getting that first one shot on any of the bosses over the 3 weeks of Showdown Qualifiers. Believe it not, my favorite week was the Captain Marvel Movie boss where I could just keep her power locked in the corner and just go wild on her with Gwenpool. It was very sweet, and short fight made even sweeter whenever my Special 2’s would crit.

Everyone loves advice from an expert - what advice would you give new players, and on the same hand, what advice would you give to a new Cavalier player looking to advance their account?
    I wouldn’t consider myself that, I’m just one of the guys, really. But if I were to give any beginner advice, it would be that knowledge is power. It pays to be aware of the basics in this game to have a firm foundation on which to build on. There are numerous beginner account YouTube tutorials out there, so do give those a watch!

For those that have just obtained Cavalier status, keep on trying your best at using other combinations, synergies or rarities to take down bosses to accelerate your skill growth. Remain focused, never get tilted, or even when you do have a break and recompose yourself and attempt difficult content when you’re calmer. Also try to do an after action review on what went right or wrong in fights to learn from your mistakes.

Last but not least, choose your rank ups wisely. You don’t wanna be in a situation where you ranked up the wrong champ on impulse and lack the resources to bring up a proper champ later on.

That happened when I was not feeling too hot, but a 6* Black Widow (Claire Voyant) made an appearance from 10 featured cavaliers. Thankfully I didn’t get too excited and drop my phone!

Last but not least - if you could ask for one thing in The Contest, what would it be?
    The Strikers system that Kabam is working on right now. I really hope they find a meaningful way to implement it similar to Marvel Vs Capcom. Some interesting ways in addition to dealing pure damage could be to also utilize this mechanic for buffing attackers and debuffing opponents, or even as so called launchers that knock opponents off their feet and keep them suspended in mid-air for a short duration air combo!
  • Apdo

I didn't know Marvel very well until I watched the movies. I enjoyed watching X-Men and Hulk movies and started playing.

One of my favorite moments was when I soloed Alliance War Boss in a very tight Alliance War matchup.

I’m in ISO8A. I am proud to be a part of this alliance. We are passionate about everything and love to challenge others.

Αpdo is the IGN (in-game name) used by my favorite League Of Legend streamer, the meaning is To defeat the opponent completely with superior force or ability in Korean.

I’d like to see Mystique. I've been waiting for her for 4 years and I'm really excited to see how her abilities and Special Attacks would be presented in this game.

I love to communicate and play this game with people all over the world. And a new champion every two weeks.

AW is my favorite part of this game, because I like to do team play.

When my alliance won the war against KenOb. KenOb was the strongest alliance in the game in Alliance War, no one could beat them except us.

I’ve finished abyss, and got the first 300 completion rewards. My favorite fight is the Collector. My advice is to take enough time and proceed slowly.

I like to challenge and I wanted to check my skills.

What I can tell new players is browsing YouTube videos and giving advice to experts around you. What I want to say to the new Cavalier player is “Don’t be afraid of difficult quests like Abyss and Act 6.”

I don’t remember any specific place. I usually pulled the crystal automatically.

I hope there are raid bosses where the entire alliance can participate.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    Ay congrats @Akumaccb!
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    All are top-of-the-top players, congrats, nice interview.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

Ay congrats @Akumaccb!

@SpideyFunko what did he do?
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Ay congrats @Akumaccb!

I believe he is Satsui No Hadou who qualified.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

Kill_Grey said:

Ay congrats @Akumaccb!

I believe he is Satsui No Hadou who qualified.
    Oh, nice.
  • edited November 2020
    Asia and Oceania are two different parts of the world, therefore should have six competitors between the two. typical of kascam. oops i meant kabam!
  • Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★

Asia and Oceania are two different parts of the world, therefore should have six competitors between the two. typical of kascam. oops i meant kabam!

also why do we have no competitors from antarctica ? feel pretty left out :'(