**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Ghost Vs Namor Intercept

I noticed this several times particularly in this month’s EQ 3.1. I fought namor mini boss with ghost and i am taking damage while intercepting namor after a miss.
Please check out this bug

Comments

• Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    While fighting him today with Hyperion, I tried to intercept him with my SP 1, and timed it as late as possible. But I STILL got the damage reflected back at me! About 30% of my health instantly vanished.
  • Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★
    edited November 2020
    Kill_Grey said:

While fighting him today with Hyperion, I tried to intercept him with my SP 1, and timed it as late as possible. But I STILL got the damage reflected back at me! About 30% of my health instantly vanished.

this is not good. I haven't used Ghost so much in Cavalier Diff this month, because I have so many counters to all the global nodes.

Kill_Grey said:

this is not good. I haven't used Ghost so much in Cavalier Diff this month, because I have so many counters to all the global nodes.

Me too.
  • Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,722 ★★★★
    edited November 2020
    abhi7215 said:

I noticed this several times particularly in this month’s EQ 3.1. I fought namor mini boss with ghost and i am taking damage while intercepting namor after a miss.

I've used Ghost against him afew times now in this months Cavalier EQ and haven't had the issue you've described.

I'm on Android.
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    abhi7215 said:

It's not a bug, you're counter attacking too quick ...

I cleared him in cav and uncollected, using ghost .. 0 dmg taken.

The thing I found works best:

Counter him after his first medium .. don't wait for his 2nd or 3rd attack or you'll likely get smacked with the dmg.

After the first medium .. don't counter too fast, wait for him to get through his animation a bit.
    will take some practice, but once you get it .. viola . no more damage.

So again, it's not a bug .. it's just a very fine timing line.
  • Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★
    Aleor said:

abhi7215 said:

Isn't it supposed to work like that? I belive, his sig says something like "when attacking the opponent, reflect damage". And intercepting is when both champs attack. That's how I explained it to myself many months ago when tried using ghost in v4.1.1
    THIS!!

If you special intercept, there is some lag where the opponent (namor) hits you and it whiffs, so he is attacking in that state and reflects damage, kinda like with Colossus where if you parry Namor he still reflects parry damage.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Moot4Life said:

Aleor said:

abhi7215 said:

Isn't it supposed to work like that? I belive, his sig says something like "when attacking the opponent, reflect damage". And intercepting is when both champs attack. That's how I explained it to myself many months ago when tried using ghost in v4.1.1
    THIS!!

If you special intercept, there is some lag where the opponent (namor) hits you and it whiffs, so he is attacking in that state and reflects damage, kinda like with Colossus where if you parry Namor he still reflects parry damage.
    that's not even lag. it's just the invincibility frames the special gives you
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,465 ★★★★★
    abhi7215 said:

This isn’t a bug. It has worked like this for a while. Since he is still in his attacking animation, you have to phase intercept when he begins to comit to a second hit. No earlier no later.
  • Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★

Moot4Life said:

Aleor said:

abhi7215 said:

THIS!!

that's not even lag. it's just the invincibility frames the special gives you
    i meant lag as in there is some time from when you press the button and the time the attack is released
    HI_guys said:

On the other side, you can byoass this with AA sooo, Archangel

But if he starts with a few neuros, then there's a chance of reflection.