**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Immortal Hulk A Fail In Multiple Ways

2»

Comments

• FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    Mike192 said:

Mike192 said:

Honestly he’s pretty good now. If you play him correctly he’s pretty sustainable. I have the 5* and tried ROL at rank 3 sig 100 and he finished the hole thing no revives no potions. Meaning you can be really good with him and last forever if you play him right.

I’m cool down i would use MLLLL a lot, and it makes me wish that ending a combo in a L gives some utility. A slow mechanic or honestly, even a weakness would work. His petrify is VERY underrated and it’s because you also inflict weakness with full combos - meaning you reverse healing.

The smashing is awesome and times correctly he obliterates regeneration champs. Look at my video with the 4* R3 vs ROL Wolverine.

I used him in incursions and lasted forever. Ate up a bunch of Degen.

I believe two things are going on here.

1. The play style of this champ is something nobody has ever seen before. It causes people to play him and not maximize his kit

2. He’s incomplete. Add a mechanic to the end of a light combo and change the degeneration to include ALL energy damage or increase Degen to 70% (like Gulk) and now you’re talking. I would rank 5 him and would quest in AQ with him.

Overall he’s good. A new style of playing. I think the two items above make him undesirable.

I dont think people are saying he is total trash. People are saying he isnt practical and has little to no use for endgame purposes. Even in 6.2 you might think twice before bringing him in. Fans will love him and use him regardless, but average summoner might just say 'another dud' which objectively he is
    Totally isn’t a dud. He isn’t being utilized as intended IMHO
    Agreed but if you have a big roster, iHulk wouldnt be your top pick.
    I would rank 5 him in a heartbeat if the Degen management was at 75-80%
  • SavageSavage Posts: 621 ★★★
    edited November 2020
    After more testing of immortal hulk after his buff I can confirm that his damage is NOT an issue. From how I played the 3* version... a 5* or 6* maxed version would annihilate act 6 opponents and be able to regen back to 100% for the next fight. He can smash consecutive 30k mediums and 30k special hits which is a lot of freakin' damage. If you're hitting that hard that quickly is utility really an issue? Truth is, if you're finding it hard to keep his stacks up then you aren't playing him right.

Edit: Also on the CCP, there was a bug allowing Immortal Hulk to take damage during his regen and the rage pause buff was never implemented into it. (This buff was tiny but huge for ihulk) The CCP was very misleading this time around unfortunately and it wasn't even the content creator's faults. They never got the chance to adjust to his new buff and switch up their rotations.
  • RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,763 ★★★★★
    Savage said:

After more testing of immortal hulk after his buff I can confirm that his damage is NOT an issue. From how I played the 3* version... a 5* or 6* maxed version would annihilate act 6 opponents and be able to regen back to 100% for the next fight. He can smash consecutive 30k mediums and 30k special hits which is a lot of freakin' damage. If you're hitting that hard that quickly is utility really an issue?

Adding a Weakness debuff or something that feeds into his Petrify on his 4th Light attack could help slow down his decreasing health pool while his Immortality is on cool down for 50 seconds. That's what @FluffyPigMonster is aiming for. Otherwise, reduce the cool down to 40-45 seconds.
  • SavageSavage Posts: 621 ★★★
    Rookiie said:

Savage said:

After more testing of immortal hulk after his buff I can confirm that his damage is NOT an issue. From how I played the 3* version... a 5* or 6* maxed version would annihilate act 6 opponents and be able to regen back to 100% for the next fight. He can smash consecutive 30k mediums and 30k special hits which is a lot of freakin' damage. If you're hitting that hard that quickly is utility really an issue?

Adding a Weakness debuff or something that feeds into his Petrify on his 4th Light attack could help slow down his decreasing health pool while his Immortality is on cool down for 50 seconds. That's what @FluffyPigMonster is aiming for. Otherwise, reduce the cool down to 40-45 seconds.
    There's no point in reducing the cooldown if the opponent is already dead. If you're getting into the cooldown often you aren't utilizing his insane damage potential. I'd rather Kabam focus on other issues such as his inability to fight against stun immune, evaders, miss champs, and unstoppable opponents. I'd like if the opponent evading or being immune to a stun debuff would pause his rage timers for like 3 seconds or something like that and his fourth light like @FluffyPigMonster said to inflict a slow so that he can follow that up with a special attack to reset the rage timers. Even if they don't give him additional utilities I'd be fine with that, but he needs a way around those certain scenarios or else he will miss out on a lot of fights.
  • RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,763 ★★★★★
    Savage said:

Rookiie said:

Savage said:

There's no point in reducing the cooldown if the opponent is already dead. If you're getting into the cooldown often you aren't utilizing his insane damage potential. I'd rather Kabam focus on other issues such as his inability to fight against stun immune, evaders, miss champs, and unstoppable opponents. I'd like if the opponent evading or being immune to a stun debuff would pause his rage timers for like 3 seconds or something like that and his fourth light like @FluffyPigMonster said to inflict a slow so that he can follow that up with a special attack to reset the rage timers. Even if they don't give him additional utilities I'd be fine with that, but he needs a way around those certain scenarios or else he will miss out on a lot of fights.
    I agree. I called it early on saying Stun Immune & Unstoppable weren't looking too good for him. Personally I'd love to see a Slow debuff on a 4th light. But I also think some of the numbers need tweaking. Increase RAGE to 2.5 seconds, decrease cool down to 45 seconds, make Immortality immune to AAR.
  • The_Blue_JaguarThe_Blue_Jaguar Posts: 249 ★★

Why didn’t you learn from Black Blot self inflicted damage is DUMB. No one wants it or asked for it we begged to get rid of it.

*cries in recoil*
  • Biollante442Biollante442 Posts: 74
    He feels more like a champ that punishes you as you play him. I don't like that the damage you suffer while immortal causes you to lose gamma radiation, he's not immune to ability accuracy reduction, the more rage stacks you have, the more damage you self-inflicted, and that 50 second cooldown is just awful. I can forgive the rest and brush them aside to an extent, but that cooldown is just so punishing and unforgiving to you and takes WAAAAAAY too much time.
  • RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,453 ★★★★
    He's just a ROL champ