**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Looking for Abyss advice

TKS87TKS87 Posts: 375 ★★★
edited November 2020 in Strategy and Tips
Hey y'all,

With black Friday / Cyber monday fast approaching and the unit deals coming around the corner, I've been thinking about making an initial abyss clear within the next little while. Just looking for some advice on a team to take in. I recently acquired NF and will have him at r5 by the time I do the run. ATM planning on bringing HT, void and doom alongside him. I'm not sure who to bring for #5, if I should do a NF synergy or bring in someone else. I've got CMM at r4 or a new r3 cosmic ghost rider I could also take up for the run. I'd love to hear thoughts from everyone on who to bring, whether for a #5 or just a general team build. My relevant roster is below. The only other that's not here that I might bring up for abyss is cosmic GR.

Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• ImGodMFImGodMF Posts: 459 ★★★
    Heimdall is a must, nick, void or torch (I personally prefer void but im in the minority) and I see no Aegon? You need a damage dealer
  • ImGodMFImGodMF Posts: 459 ★★★
    Reasoning I prefer void is no Mephisto solo BUT no pressure not to die with torch prefight, plus you once you have the right debuffs you can power control mordo and mephisto and you can parry and slap mordo
  • TKS87TKS87 Posts: 375 ★★★
    ImGodMF said:

Heimdall is a must, nick, void or torch (I personally prefer void but im in the minority) and I see no Aegon? You need a damage dealer

You are right I have no aegon. Planning on NF and doom to be my main clearers with HT handling his fights having void as back up for HT.

I do realize Aegon is ideal for a run but I don't feel like waiting for him anymore. I believe I have the means to clear without him. I have confidence using NF as a general replacement for aegon.

I also don't have a lot of experience with abyss which is why I'm looking for input. Thanks for your opinion and cheers!
  • OGAvengerOGAvenger Posts: 1,105 ★★★★★
    You could bring stealthy, CAIW, or Corvus as your damage dealer. I probably wouldn’t choose Corvus just because he’s a super slow play, but he is an option
  • WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,324 ★★★★
    edited November 2020
    TKS87 said:

ImGodMF said:

You are right I have no aegon. Planning on NF and doom to be my main clearers with HT handling his fights having void as back up for HT.

I do realize Aegon is ideal for a run but I don't feel like waiting for him anymore. I believe I have the means to clear without him. I have confidence using NF as a general replacement for aegon.

I also don't have a lot of experience with abyss which is why I'm looking for input. Thanks for your opinion and cheers!
    Yeah, I wouldn‘t wait if I were you. Your Champs are amazing and all those awesome 6* ... wow. But still prepare some Units just in case.
  • FishweaselFishweasel Posts: 186 ★★
    edited November 2020
    Going to cost a lot more units without Aegon. No doubt it can be done but he is arguably the most important horseman for the Abyss. Did my initial clear with Aegon, Doom, Nick Fury, And Void.... last champ wasn’t needed. Aegon did most of the work... doom for a couple fights, void for a couple fights, and nick fury for IW.

I saw some other options mentioned like Corvus, but he is better for path 4/5 vs the initial clear. For background, I’ve fully explore the Abyss.... and Aegon took probably 80-90% of the fights.
  • GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,199 ★★★★★
    Path 1? then Symbiote Supreme over doom
    So bring
    Symbiode Supreme or Doom
    Void or Torch
    Nick
    Corvus (Omega Red mission 1 , ghost mission 2 and im iw mission 3 and 4)
    Heimdall

Going to cost a lot more units without Aegon. No doubt it can be done but he is arguably the most important horseman for the Abyss. Did my initial clear with Aegon, Doom, Nick Fury, And Void.... last champ wasn’t needed. Aegon did most of the work... doom for a couple fights, void for a couple fights, and nick fury for IW.

I saw some other options mentioned like Corvus, but he is better for path 4/5 vs the initial clear. For background, I’ve fully explore the Abyss.... and Aegon took probably 80-90% of the fights.

Yeah I understand without Aegon it will be more costly, and I'm okay with that. I'll definitely wait to have Aegon to do any kind of exploration in the abyss but I want to get the initial clear over and done with. Thanks for the feedback.
    edited December 2020
    Thanks to all who gave their feedback - I did my run yesterday and (after a few emergency maintenances and some colourful words / phrases) we did it!

Took about 7 hours of gameplay total and around 6.5k units worth of items total. I used my act 6 compensation plus a few stored revives so I didn't spend 6.5k but that's about what the total cost would have been if I didn't have a bit in the stash.

The final team was r3 doom, torch alongside r5 Fury, void, and CGR. The only fight I felt like I suffered for not having Aegon was the collector. He definitely could have finished a few fights sooner too though. I succeeded in one shotting meph with torch , and CMM with doom. Took down both Loki and mordo with only one revive with torch, and cull in one revive with doom. IMIW sucked but I was expecting that. A surprise fight that was tougher than I thought it was gonna be was Aegon. But all in all aside from the final collector fight the run went better than I expected for an Aegon less team. Again thanks everyone!