**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

How many revives did it take you to defeat the GM the first time?

SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,631 ★★★★★
edited November 2020 in General Discussion
As seen above, how many revives/units/potions did it take you to defeat the Grandmaster the first time? I've been waiting until I got 75% of a T5cc that I want before I claim the 25% selector and make myself Thronebreaker, and of course I will save up as many units and revives as possible, but I want a general estimate of what it takes.

I actually did the fight on by Beta account for Book 2 with my 5/65 Aegon so I am not a complete noob, I know how it all works. Also, Feel free to post some interesting champs you have used to take him down if you haven't gone the most popular route.

Comments

• SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,631 ★★★★★
    @SpideyFunko How far have you gotten in Act progression?

A lot...I have no bloody idea how folks enjoy the madness that is that fight

I think it is mainly just the idea that any champ can do it, plus the addition of crazy damage boosters.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Like 800 units.

Was a lag fiesta because of the previous update when there were connection issues on logging in. I spent like 6 god-damned hours on that fight! I never want to do it again. At least not with my current device.
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    I think maybe 10 or so day 1. Was cheaper on subsequent runs. I wasn’t really counting though, could have been up to 20. All of them were stashed anyway
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

3 Stashed Team Revives and 900 units on Team Revives. I think every single unit I spent was because of reversed controls.

Man, am I the only one that found the inverted controls phase to be the most satisfying part of the fight? Lol

That was literally the phase I had the least problem with. I hated every single time they would bring an intercept mission. The AI of nowadays is bull ****, and makes it way too hard to pull off. Trying to go for a light intercept would probably whiff because he wouldn't want to dash in. Whenever that happened, he would stand there and well-time block. Before you know it, blunder!
    Going for a medium attack intercept would allow him to light intercept and wreck you.

I understand Kabam changed the AI, but for God's sake, why extend it to a fight like the grandmaster?!
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    1000 units worth 😐
  • CiciliatoCiciliato Posts: 302
    edited November 2020
    340 units
    edited November 2020
    @Moot4Life Lol I’ll leave it there for the honesty, and give you a like, although this is especially funny because initially I made it an LOL and then I was like “no, that really deserves something that counts for points if he actually did that” so I changed to an awesome.
  • Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★

@Moot4Life Lol I’ll leave it there for the honesty, and give you a like, although this is especially funny because initially I made it an LOL and then I was like “no, that really deserves something that counts for points if he actually did that” so I changed to an awesome.

thank you for the generosity kind person <3
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    edited November 2020
    About 7 I think, maybe 10
  • NablockNablock Posts: 46
    I think about 15. Lots of little mess ups that cost me. Probably could have gotten down to around 7 without the ones where I messed up prompts early on.
  • Thebombsquad1Thebombsquad1 Posts: 755 ★★★
    Too many
  • HendrossHendross Posts: 942 ★★★
    I used Aegon and ~800 units...the fight is alot slower than expected. Like a noob i just plowed in and earned the shame tokens super fast like an idiot.
  • abqberabqber Posts: 230 ★★
    About 350 units for potions and revives. 4 revives and a set of L4 and L5 potions each time I revived (I refused to take off suicides so had to keep my health topped up).
  • LmaoLmao Posts: 842 ★★★
    AATT said:

Like 20 revives or so, maybe more because I suck against reverse controls... Awful phase. I took the easiest path (cosmic) with the hardest GM. Someone told me take a harder path for an easier GM, but I thought oh yeah, in YouTube looks simple!... Wrong! At least for me :D

what were some of the easier linked nodes?
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    600 Units. I can solo him now though.
  • GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,202 ★★★★★
    Was about 200? Cause The last 1% :( he was about to get wounded then I messed up and died :( but ye now its easier :)
  • Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,539 ★★★★★
    I used about 400 units for my Grandmaster run
  • SneakyWarriorSneakyWarrior Posts: 853 ★★★★
    Only one revive thankfully, but I practiced against him 3 or 4 times before going in for my real run.
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    @Meebleton care to share how many you used?