**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Will you extend the time in Arena

Ortem420Ortem420 Posts: 76
edited October 2017 in Bugs and Known Issues
With the maintenance still happening. Will you extend the time for Arenas or should we consider that time gone?

Comments

• HawkeHawke Posts: 46
    Why would they extend the time? It was down for the same amount of time for everyone.
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    Hawke wrote: »
    Why would they extend the time? It was down for the same amount of time for everyone.

Technically that's not true. Maintainance happens at 11pm eastern time in the US, that's like 4am in Europe. So while it doesn't affect Europeans or Asians as much, it is prime time to grind for Americans. This 2 hour marathon was hell on AQ for our alliance, we all usually are finishing off energy and going to sleep during the time it happened tonight, and with the long length tonight, lots of guys fell asleep waiting for it to come back on. They should give 30 minute timers for aq starting on Tuesday and go back to normal on Wednesday.
  • Wil6541Wil6541 Posts: 273
    @Hawke not everyone different timezones Europe was asleep
  • AfridAfrid Posts: 529 ★★
    They don't give out any sort of compensation for the scheduled maintenance.
  • GreenstrokeGreenstroke Posts: 291
    Afrid wrote: »
    They don't give out any sort of compensation for the scheduled maintenance.

They dont compensate for anything these days...
  • italian_treeitalian_tree Posts: 79
    nop i find arena is very useful
  • Ortem420Ortem420 Posts: 76
    All this maintenance is really getting annoying though. Before, they use to take about 30-40 mins. But now they go on for close to 2 hours. And they choose the worst time, well at least for us in the pacific coast. 8pm is prime time for us. It’s around the time we are done with dinner, or are getting home from work (in my case) and just wanna relax and play a bit of Marvel. But we can’t because there’s maintenance and by the time they finish, we’re getting ready for bed or are doing hw (in my case again)
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    It's a scheduled maintenance, they literally gave out an announcement saying it is regular in due time, and that it will take 1-2 hours to complete.

If it was an unscheduled/emergency maintenance, your argument would have been more valid. But since they have warned you ahead of time of this maintenance, you should have been prepared for it by planning around it.
  • Ortem420Ortem420 Posts: 76
    True. But ppl have lives besides Marvel. So even with a notice it’s still inconvenient. Like I stated. The time they choose to do these “maintenances” is always around the time most ppl have any free time to play. Therefore they should be considerate and schedule them during the time most ppl are sleeping or waking up. Not during prime time. It benefits them in the long run. Like today’s maintenance. They decide to start it at 8:30pm pst. Right when I just finished dinner and was ready to start playing. Seeing as how most ppl get out of work from 430-730pm. 8:30pm is a real nuisance
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    It's the same time/day every week. We all know it's happening.

My only comment is why don't they do this on Sundays when it has less impact on arenas?
  • Do they do it at this time because AW is down for everyone (even the latest starters on Sunday would be completely done by then) or is that just a coincidence?

I agree that although it's scheduled it could have a lesser impact (besides the above point) if it was on Sundays, but then again maybe the impact isn't so big (even though some folks are more affected than others).
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    It doesn't seem to be much of an issue out here in the south Pacific (Australia/New Zealand) because we're all at work/school...