**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

The ultimate rivalry: Longshot vs Morningstar!

Comments

• Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,520 ★★★★★
    Longshot

Unio77 said:

Unio77 said:

Qacob said:

Qacob said:

Morningstar has actual utility besides a weak conditional nullify. I’m not a fan of either but Morningstar is the clear winner here

Longshot has passive AAR reduction immunity and 300% base ability accuracy. That's a very niche but very powerful ability.
    Life steal, unstoppable, unblockable sp2, big numbers on the sp1, energy resist, good perfect block chance, (it’s like 50%) some pretty potent Fury, Regen, and Power Gain buffs depending on what the opponent procs.
    I'm not saying he's better, I haven't yet made up my mind. I was just stating that he does have some utility and not only a weak nullify like rocky said.
    It’s a little utility. A dash. A tiny little pinch. Not enough.
    When somebody asks you what is understatement, show them this comment here ☝️
    It’s some utility. It isn’t enough to compete with Morningstar. You’re mad if you think it is.
    Never said it was. Plus I never said x is better than x.
    wdym you voted for Longshot
    I voted for Longshot cause I like Longshot not that his better a champ. 👀
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Longshot

I have both and MS at 5/65 sig 130 something.

Except in buff heavy, not incinerate immune matches or against blade, she's just better.

However, it's not her ramp up, but her jerky animations and short dash back, that makes her awkward. If she had Medusa's fluidity of animation, I'm relatively confident she'd be widely considered top 3, if not vying with Claire for top 2, mystics.

Na, sorcerer supreme would be better still.
    Longshot
    Clarification cause apparently it's really needed:

Morningstar once ranked up is undeniable better. I'm not ignoring that.
    Only reason I voted for Longshot is cause I like, not that he is better.
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    Morningstar
    Qacob said:

I have both and MS at 5/65 sig 130 something.

Except in buff heavy, not incinerate immune matches or against blade, she's just better.

However, it's not her ramp up, but her jerky animations and short dash back, that makes her awkward. If she had Medusa's fluidity of animation, I'm relatively confident she'd be widely considered top 3, if not vying with Claire for top 2, mystics.

Her animations remind me of a 4 year old desperately trying to play bowling with a ball that weighs twice as much as them.
    So true, it's just disjointed. Two odd years ago when I first got her as a 5*, I thought it may be due to her graphical effects slowing down my prior phone, but it's just that she has a short and odd dash. Playing her against OG hulk or others with long dash and long reach (who with his furys, she owns), it really shows.
  • JueVioleGraceJueVioleGrace Posts: 1,424 ★★★★★
    Morningstar
    Unio77 said:

I mean, that would need clarification as the question was literally, "who is the better champion?"
  • QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★
    Morningstar

Unio77 said:

I mean, that would need clarification as the question was literally, "who is the better champion?"
    Well technically there were two questions so you're both right.
  • DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    Longshot

Djin said:

Morningstar's rampup is brutal.
    Longshot has immunity to Passive AAR. Means only AAR debuffs effect him.
    Longshot doesn't need opponent to have buffs for damage. Bad Karma do the work of buffs.
    Morningstar has more utility but she needs to be awakened.

I like LS more than MS.

So does Ægon. And loads of other “god tier” champions.

And the opponent doesn’t need buffs for Morningstar’s damage either. Just throw off the sp1.
    My point is that some champs are not very useful unless you have them awakened like Aegon. Whereas Longshot doesn't need to be awakened to be useful.

Her Sp1 damage is based on captured Souls.
    Stacking Bad Karma is easier than collecting souls.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    edited November 2020
    Morningstar
    Djin said:

Djin said:

Longshot doesn't need opponent to have buffs for damage. Bad Karma do the work of buffs.

I like LS more than MS.

And the opponent doesn’t need buffs for Morningstar’s damage either. Just throw off the sp1.
    My point is that some champs are not very useful unless you have them awakened like Aegon. Whereas Longshot doesn't need to be awakened to be useful.

but using that logic of he’s better because he doesn’t need to be awakened and no ramp up, you can say he’s better than Ægon. Which he isn’t, because the ramp up gives more damage and utility than him.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Longshot
    Qacob said:

It isn't even a debate.

I like you. Even though I disagree with 99% of what you say, you always have absolute confidence in your opinion and you stick with it.
    Ah you're the one who disagrees my posts 😆
  • DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    Longshot

Djin said:

Djin said:

I like LS more than MS.

but using that logic of he’s better because he doesn’t need to be awakened and no ramp up, you can say he’s better than Ægon. Which he isn’t, because the ramp up gives more damage and utility than him.
    I never said needing awakened ability is negative point. I just want to say that not needing awakened ability is plus point.

Why will I waste time in ramping up a champ to finish a quest if another champ in my roster can do it without rampup.
    Obviously I won't be using Longshot on Biohazard node. The requirement of the quest will change my team. If MS is best I have for Biohazard I'll use her. If I have a better bleed immune I'll use that champ and not MS.
    Longshot

Qacob said:

It isn't even a debate.

I like you. Even though I disagree with 99% of what you say, you always have absolute confidence in your opinion and you stick with it.
    Ah you're the one who disagrees my posts 😆
    @Qacob exposed
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    Morningstar
    Djin said:

Djin said:

I like LS more than MS.

You have to stack karma, every, fight. You only have to collect souls in 3/4.

And once you do, the damage and unreal sustainability, even without buff heavy champs, is insane off the bat with MS. Especially if you have meph and g2099 alongside her.

Let alone in incursions. Take meph and guillotine into the first level, the extra power bar and soul makes ramp up a doddle. Then swap out guillotine in room two (you retain her +1 soul!) for g2099 and you are set. Every fight, parry, medium medium, 5 hit combo, sp1 dead. With the crit buff she'll take 200k life in just that one combo.
  • naikavonnaikavon Posts: 297 ★★★
    Morningstar
    MS is the better champ. Can't stand playing her though. She's got awkward movements and that dash back...criminal!! I can deal with her ramp up if the path has a significant number of fights on it. I'll tell you what I'm not doing, using her on a 7 or 8 bad guy path. By the time I've dealt with her "it's not that bad" of a ramp up the dang path is over. No thanks.

The ramp up is boring. Sure once you have her ramped up she's a powerhouse but her jerky movements and weirdly short dash back still exists. No ramp up changes that.

Ultimately, she's just not that much fun to play and so I don't play her. That's purely a personal preference. I still recognize that she is a great champ with a lot going for her in her kit.

But, Longshot, where he works... he's just fun to play. And that's the point of the game. MS is better.. but sometimes that ain't all that matters ya know.
  • odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,370 ★★★★★
    What have you guys done you have summoned
    @OneManArmy
  • odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,370 ★★★★★
    You've doomed this argument
  • abqberabqber Posts: 230 ★★
    Morningstar

You've doomed this argument

The math on this poll is doomed too. It's probably the ascended 1% that think Diablo is da G.O.A.T. Wayy too ascended for a petty poll to record their vote.
  • DigletGamingDigletGaming Posts: 849 ★★★★
    Longshot
    Just got that damage ya know