New sigil "improvements "

udyedagainudyedagain Member Posts: 2,324 ★★★★★
Does kabam really think someone is going to trade in 10k 5* shards for 750 6* shards?

This is an improvement? I know sigil is optional but this is just insulting people's intelligence now.

Comments

• Tijjy007Tijjy007 Member Posts: 349 ★★★
    taking the piss
  • LormifLormif Member Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Does kabam really think someone is going to trade in 10k 5* shards for 750 6* shards?

This is an improvement? I know sigil is optional but this is just insulting people's intelligence now.

I am. the only benefit to a 5* for me at this point is the ISO, and I keep a lot of that. maybe stop thinking where you are in progression is where everyone else is?
  • GamerGamer Member Posts: 10,715 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

I am. the only benefit to a 5* for me at this point is the ISO, and I keep a lot of that. maybe stop thinking where you are in progression is where everyone else is?
    I’m wil said I’m wil not said it worth 10k 5 shard regardless of where’s u or if you’re a spender yeas you won’t hav a iOS problem I’m use a smail whale one this big sale days but can se I’m growing aware from ios.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Member Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    edited November 2020
    They're never going to add anything to it that's flat out amazing. Then people feel like they have to have it and there's literally no way you can unless you spend. It is and always will be small bonuses and perks I'd assume which is fine with me as it doesn't completely alienate f2p players.

The increased inventory space and mild bonuses are enough for me personally. If they're not, just don't get it as you won't miss out on anything game changing.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Member Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I just wouldn't get it. It is outdated and the improvements don't do anything. I've never had the sigil and was still able to complete all content and have a top 30 alliance prestige. The best thing is the extra item space and more faster energy. With that being said it isn't worth 10 bucks.
  • StellarStellar Member Posts: 1,082 ★★★★

Well, at best you can get 2 x 275 6 stars shards (550) if you dupe a max 5 stars with 10k 5 stars shards so yes it is an improvement.

What is a bit too expensive is the featured 6 stars for 13k 6 stars shards ! They should have made it the same price as the 5 stars featured
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Member Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    It’s definitely an improvement. I’m not saying it’s fair but as person said above, if you max dupe a 5 star, thats 550 shards. So it’s an improvement if all you are looking for is the 6 star shards. It’s a waste though if you need the ISO and the gold.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,355 Guardian
    Stellar said:

Well, at best you can get 2 x 275 6 stars shards (550) if you dupe a max 5 stars with 10k 5 stars shards so yes it is an improvement.

What is a bit too expensive is the featured 6 stars for 13k 6 stars shards ! They should have made it the same price as the 5 stars featured
    It is the same price - for Uncollected players. The trade in costs for 6* featured and 6* shards is the same as the 5* equivalents for Uncollected players. Cavalier players get a slightly better deal. Thronebreaker seems to be paralleling those trade ins, where TB gets the initial version similar to UC, and some future higher progress tier gets the better version comparable to Cavalier.

Note: the Uncollected deal trades 2000 4* shards for 750 5* shards but that's the shard equivalent of a full 4* crystal. The TB deal trades 10k 5* shards for 750 6* shards because that's the equivalent cost relative to the cost of 5* champion crystals.
    DNA3000 said:

Stellar said:

It is the same price - for Uncollected players. The trade in costs for 6* featured and 6* shards is the same as the 5* equivalents for Uncollected players.
    Not the same price as 5 stars featured cost 11K 5 stars shards. Would be the same if 6 stars featured cost 11k 6 stars shards. that would be an interesting proposition even if we can have only one per month
  • GreekhitGreekhit Member Posts: 2,820 ★★★★★
    Stellar said:

DNA3000 said:

Stellar said:

It is the same price - for Uncollected players. The trade in costs for 6* featured and 6* shards is the same as the 5* equivalents for Uncollected players.
    Not the same price as 5 stars featured cost 11K 5 stars shards. Would be the same if 6 stars featured cost 11k 6 stars shards. that would be an interesting proposition even if we can have only one per month
    It’s the same, if you consider that Kabam will probably drop the 11k trade in to the next higher title after Thronebreaker.
    They will probably follow the same pattern as the 5* featured trade.
    Uncollected got 13k 5* shards trade Cavalier got 11k shards trade.
    Thronebreaker got 13k 6* shards trade *insert new title* will get 11k 6* shards trade. 😉
  • DeaconDeacon Member Posts: 4,234 ★★★★★
    when does it go live?
    Greekhit said:

Stellar said:

DNA3000 said:

Stellar said:

It’s the same, if you consider that Kabam will probably drop the 11k trade in to the next higher title after Thronebreaker.
    They will probably follow the same pattern as the 5* featured trade.
    Uncollected got 13k 5* shards trade Cavalier got 11k shards trade.
    Thronebreaker got 13k 6* shards trade *insert new title* will get 11k 6* shards trade. 😉
    ah ok. Thx
  • cx23433cx23433 Member Posts: 465 ★★
    Tijjy007 said:

taking the piss

Lmao I'm surprised you haven't been silenced
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,498 ★★★★★
    Thronebreakers aren't generally relying on 5*s as much. Unless they have enough Max Sig to roll a Max Sig Crystal everytime, it's still more than a Dup. Besides, the Tier lower is a 4* for 1k. It just happens to take more Shards for a 5*.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,355 Guardian

Thronebreakers aren't generally relying on 5*s as much.

I don't know about relying; I still use them. But many Thronebreakers are I believe suffering from a different problem: they can't rank 5* champs into usefulness. Even I'm having this problem, and I think at least some higher TBs are seeing even higher imbalances. If you burn T2A on 5* champs, you put yourself in a position to have T5B expire when you can't earn T2A fast enough to use them. Which means the game isn't just encouraging Thronebreakers to move on to 6* champs, it is penalizing some of them for even giving 5* champs a second look.

Unless the 5* champ is game changing, getting *any* higher amount of 6* shards is a potentially huge benefit for Thronebreakers, because you need to find suitable rank up candidates for the materials you're earning to keep from stalling your progress.