**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

How good is 6* Gladiator Hulk?

TheHoodedDormammuTheHoodedDormammu Posts: 1,448 ★★★
edited December 2020 in Strategy and Tips
Just got him. Is he any good?
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• TheHoodedDormammuTheHoodedDormammu Posts: 1,448 ★★★
    Also does his synergy with cap iw mean all science champs ALSO take 50% less block damage?
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    He is quite good for his poison immunity and non benefical passive DOT, starburst notably
  • Osfan8Osfan8 Posts: 760 ★★★
    The Gulk side of the CapIW synergy means that all science champs take 50% less damage other than while being attacked, hits and blocks still do the same damage but thorns, starbursts, etc. do 50% less.

Gulk is a good champ. The dupe is nice but not crucial. But he’s not the science champ. In my opinion he’s the 2nd best hulk after Rulk.

For the record Gulk was my first 6*, first duped 6* and first r2.
  • Iron_Patriot_is_litIron_Patriot_is_lit Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    He’s as good as your heart desires.
  • ABOMBABOMB Posts: 564 ★★★
    Rarely leave home without mine, he has pulled me outta more fires than I can count lol
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,144 ★★★★★
    I need to see him shine a bit more personally
  • anaLysis_anaLysis_ Posts: 259 ★★★
    edited December 2020
    Wicket329 said:

Gulk, until the release of Spider-Ham, was the only champion who had any counterplay against passive damage. It’s still an incredibly niche utility so he’s got plenty of use throughout the variants and other content. Outside of matchups that active his Face Me! mechanic, he’s okay. Not bad by any stretch, but nothing impressive either. He’s always a good pull because of how unique his utility is, but don’t expect him to like carry you through content alone

Whoa sig 180

Whoops wrong comment quoted
  • AstoundsAstounds Posts: 323 ★★
    I would say above average. Niche champ for a end game player to deal with some nodes. Fun and straight forward to play. If you're a mid game player I would say worth a r4 or so.
  • AstoundsAstounds Posts: 323 ★★
    I also now see this said 6* id leave him af rank 1. 🤦‍♂️
  • mbracembrace Posts: 827 ★★★
    Put 6* Gulk on a team with CAIW, Falcon, Cull, and HB. It makes him quite viable for general gameplay. He’s an absolute tank in that setup with good damage and a lot of crits.