Options

Generic AG - CMM or Corvus?

J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 865 ★★★★
edited December 2020 in General Discussion
I have a 5star generic gem and not sure who to use it on. Contemplating between CMM and Corvus. Few things to note:
- I have a 6star unduped CMM at r2, I’m a few fragments away from taking her to r3.
- I’ve completed all of variants and working on Act 6 exploring.
- Recently got suicides mastery, still learning how to play with it.
- Pulled Corvus about a month ago, not sure if he’s useful in deep Act 6 and will be in Act 7.

Pls, what will you advise?
Thanks.

Edit: If you’re wondering who I have duped and maxed

Comments

• Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,942 ★★★★★
    Save it.
  • Options
    Crcrcrc said:

Save it.

Why if I may ask? None of them worth a generic AG?

• Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    CMM. Her awakened ability is Golden for high level AQ and a lot of "**** you, you're dead" kinda avoidable damage, act 6 nodes.
  • Options
    J0eySn0w said:

Crcrcrc said:

Save it.

Neither of them are worth a generic. Corvus is not great for a lot of Act 6 due to healthpool size and CMM would be pointless if you are going to be focusing resources on and using the 6* r3
  • Options
    AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,295 ★★★★★
    Corvus only if you are more AQ focused and run map 6 or 7.

Otherwise save the generic
  • Options
    Crcrcrc said:

J0eySn0w said:

Crcrcrc said:

Save it.

Neither of them are worth a generic. Corvus is not great for a lot of Act 6 due to healthpool size and CMM would be pointless if you are going to be focusing resources on and using the 6* r3
    Didn't see the list of duped champs. Yeah, go CMM
  • Options

Crcrcrc said:

Save it.

Im assuming tho since they're nearly at a 6* r3, there arent many 5* champs they don't have already that are worth a generic.

I'd use it on CMM for that indestructible.

Edit: yup, see they've already got Archangel, they don't need to save it.😄

I was leaning towards CMM and then this comment dropped 😢
    abqber said:

I gave mine to Corvus, the one I got from Labyrinth exploration months ago. I run full suicides all the time and his awakened ability has been invaluable to me in act 6 exploration (6.1,6.2 and 6.4, haven't finished 6.3 fully but I'm sure he'll see good amount of playtime in there as well). I would recommend Corvus although I have no experience with CMM. I do know how she functions, just feel that Corvus has a better reach compared to her especially since you have the suicide masteries. He's great on spry lanes and great on mix master (with proxima), do not go gentle (eventhough you take the damage back you won't die as long as you have glaive charges), gimme lane, crit me with your best shot lane and so much more that you wouldn't think he'd be good for like the do you bleed lane in 6.2.6. Just finish off opponents by hitting their blocks.
    Hope this helps.
    Cheers and good luck with your decision.

This is interesting, now you got me confused with the nodes you listed. Don’t have Proxima but I’m fine with Mix Master. The others I’m good, have good options but I hate the “do not go gentle” node and that got my attention. Wondering if CMM isn’t also viable with her indestructible?
  • Options
    save it
  • Options
    Haji_Saab said:

Corvus if you need him in AQ ...

Otherwise CMM ...

Yeah, I don’t need him in AQ. Plus I’m in relax ally we run 442. That reminds me, I haven’t joined AQ in 2 days 😨
  • Options
    JueVioleGraceJueVioleGrace Posts: 1,424 ★★★★★
    Since you've already got a lot of the generic "worthy" champions awakened, I wouldn't bother about saving it. And yeah use it on CMM. It opens her up to a whole new set of utility. She's one of my most used champions.
  • Options
    Crys23Crys23 Posts: 752 ★★★★
    It's a 5* generic... and more class ones will be available. Use it on Corvus. With the roster you have, you can do Abyss. So you either get a cosmic 6* ag for your soon to be r3 6* cmm or you can use the generic 6*. She is on the short list of champs worthy of 6* generic ag.
    Btw, Corvus is fine for plenty of Act6 paths, even mandatory for some. Just use some boosts(abundent now) and cosmic boosts.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,192 ★★★★★
    If there was no 6s CMM in the equation, I would easily pick her. I do not value Corvus' sig ability. I think best to hold the AG until something else comes along that would be better.
  • Options
    TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    Corvus sig ability is insane. Why do you think everyone is using him in high tier AQ. Can't die if you pause and timeout and go back in and bash some more. Can clear full paths on 1% health and no items with that ability. Don't need to pump in any sig stones either.

If these are your top choices, either one would be fine, but need to weigh what will be more valuable for what you want to accomplish in the near term.
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★

Corvus sig ability is insane. Why do you think everyone is using him in high tier AQ. Can't die if you pause and timeout and go back in and bash some more. Can clear full paths on 1% health and no items with that ability. Don't need to pump in any sig stones either.

If these are your top choices, either one would be fine, but need to weigh what will be more valuable for what you want to accomplish in the near term.

I think this is a good way to put it
  • Options
    Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,540 ★★★★★
    I would save it for ghost or void if I were you. I’d normally say use it on cmm but because you are about to rank 3 your 6* it kind of seems redundant.
  • Options
    Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,540 ★★★★★
    If you’ve got multiple gems on the other hand I’d use it on cmm
  • Options

I’m leaning towards CMM. Reason is I’m not big into Alliance activities and I’m looking for overall benefit of the sig ability not just for a particular content like AQ.
  • Options
    Will3808 said:

I would save it for ghost or void if I were you. I’d normally say use it on cmm but because you are about to rank 3 your 6* it kind of seems redundant.

I’ve been waiting for Ghost for a long time. I have 2 Tech AGs one definitely for her and the other not sure maybe Guardian if I ever pull him. 1 Science for Caiw if ever and 1 Mystic for Sorcerer same boat.
  • Options
    Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★

Wait you can do that? Holy s*** that’s broken