**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Saddened about not renewing Summoner Sigil

ReeseSmith14ReeseSmith14 Posts: 89
edited December 2020 in Suggestions and Requests
Kabam has just recently “upgraded” the sigil and although the idea to get a 6* featured for less than 15k (albeit only 2k less) is nice, that doesn’t outweigh the cost of the benefits for the sigil anymore.

What really is driving me away from renewing is the 750 six star shards for 10,000 five star shards...10,000! Between that and the other outdated black iso market items, I just don’t see a point anymore.

Reduced time for energy, extra 25% inventory cap are very nice, but you can easily (and unnoticeably do without)

So just asking community, anyone else not renewing once current expires? Anyone else disappointed with the fall of the sigil? Am I just being a prude? Let me know!
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,534 ★★★★★
    Yup
  • ReeseSmith14ReeseSmith14 Posts: 89
    Yup to me being a prude? @BigBlueOx :D I knew it...lol
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,804 ★★★★★
    I’m thinking of not renewing too.
    Back when it was introduced, items offered had some value. The 5* signature crystal for example before two years was good.
    But come on, how on earth a random 5* signature stone has any value for a TB at 2020?
    This should be 3-5 5* generics or a 6* random, given the fact that the sigil will probably update in two years again.
    Imagine getting a random 5* sig at 2022 🤣
    Also the catalyst trades for t4bc and t1a are terrible for Cav TB level players.
    Only good sigil still has are the faster energy (which is not a big deal tbh) and the bigger inventory capacity which I can’t lie comes handy 🙂
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,534 ★★★★★
    Lol 😂 I meant yup, Kabam dropped the ball on the sigil update. If you have a healthy roster and have completed Act6 it fails to deliver the same value it used to, especially for Cav players (me)
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    usually for 10k 5* shards you only get 275, at best you get 550. 750 is more then a max sig 5* pull so it's actually not bad. I personally (probably?) won't do it, but a lot of people in my alliance will always do this since it's better shard value
  • Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    Can't renew the sigil if you're FTP like me :D
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    Mine expired. It’s a little benefit to a veteran player, but ultimately not enough for the cost in my opinion. The main attraction is the energy boost and 5* featured (0/15 on the pair I was after), and even that is valuable at the margins for me.

I’d like to see...more. Maybe better value on quest crystal trade-ins, or a gold/BC boost that lasts the entire Sigil. Steeper discounts on crystals or quicker renewal of crystal purchase opportunities. The ability to reduce the featured pool. ISO trade ins for specific class ISO. Anything new and innovative.

XP boosts carry low relevance since the XP system has largely been abandoned in game for any veteran. Increased inventory is OK if you are working quest content that throws off large amounts of resources, but it’s really not much. The gold quest—fine for the effort, but even that amount isn’t game-changing.

In many ways, the Sigil feels like a lot of the old stores (Loyalty, e.g.) in that it’s just there. Which means it’s a pass for me at least until the featured 5* rolls over.

Dr. Zola
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Honestly I mostly just keep it for the units and faster energy and inventory.
  • ReeseSmith14ReeseSmith14 Posts: 89

Honestly I mostly just keep it for the units and faster energy and inventory.

I think that’s why I held on the last few months

I almost have a copy of every five star character in the game, so featured with new character are the only thing that excite me, but with the rate TB gets five star shards saving 4K (8k a month) for $10 not even guaranteeing a new champ, doesn’t seem worth it
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    I did an about face—and reupped it for energy boost for Book 2/ Variant/ EQ, another couple of shots at Wolverine and Prof X, some extra units and that’s about it.

Why? Laziness I suppose—and the fact it may save a little time for me this month when I’d like to be spending less time staring at my phone.

It’s a bold strategy...we will see how it works out for me.

Dr. Zola