**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

I could do with some encouragement, please.

Primerprime5Primerprime5 Posts: 1,238 ★★★★
edited December 2020 in General Discussion
After saving up for a while, I finally managed to save up just enough for a 5 star Crystal, and out pops Juggernaut. This is the rest of my 5 star roster, and aside from AA and Longshot I don't think the rest of them are good at all. I'm not going to rant on the RNG and "game rigged boo boo", because that's just stupid, but this is honestly extremely demotivating. Should I just stop grinding for 5 stars altogether? The last 4 ones were pulled in this month alone.

Comments

• TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    Bro, you're not gonna convince anyone. It used to take over a month to get just one and full champ's or food chunks of shards we're not gifted. You don't even have an R3 yet. I had 23 bad champ's before I got one I felt good about and it took well over a year to get them, glory store materials for rankups was nothing like this and kabam wasn't handing out AGs and major shards like they have been this year. You're complaining to people who have been playing and grinding far longer with far fewer rewards.

You still increased your 5* roster by more than 25% in one month. You'll get 2-4 more each month "grinding" like everyone else doing the same and along the way will come some better champ's.

3/16 amazing champ's
    5/16 good champ's
    8/16 ok or bad champ's

That ratio is pretty good, especially based on RNG.Been playing for over three years and i'd kill for a 5* Archangel. SymSupreme is amazing and I don't have him either. Longshot is amazing too. Watch youtube videos and you'll learn how to maximize their potential.
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    Yes keep going, it was literally one month on a game that is designed to be a slog that never ends.

Keep trying or this game ain't for you. You deal with it by knowing that you will get better champ's next month or the month after and save resources to rank the better ones when they land.

Cheers, buddy!
  • Rayaan_2000Rayaan_2000 Posts: 655 ★★★

After saving up for a while, I finally managed to save up just enough for a 5 star Crystal, and out pops Juggernaut. This is the rest of my 5 star roster, and aside from AA and Longshot I don't think the rest of them are good at all. I'm not going to rant on the RNG and "game rigged boo boo", because that's just stupid, but this is honestly extremely demotivating. Should I just stop grinding for 5 stars altogether? The last 4 ones were pulled in this month alone.

You've got a long way to go yet, don't lose heart, 5 stars and 6 stars are your future, invest in those 4 stars u need for utility purposes but otherwise concentrate on your 5 stars, currently try to get archangel, proxima, sym supreme and longshot ranked up, gambit's buff gives him some thorns utility too, you've got a half decent base, it's not all bad
    Keep up the grind and your roster will improve naturally
    All the best
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★

Was525 said:

Sym supreme is amazing without the dupe. He did my easy path of abyss

How so? I find that without the dupe he's very RNG reliant with regards to his Staggers, but maybe I'm using him wrong.
    He only relies on crits for staggers which is easy to come by especially if you have unlocked the precision mastery.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★

I don’t know if this is encouragement or not, just state a bit my experience:
    - When I first complete Act 5, I only have 4* champs;
    - At initial stage of 5* roster building, don’t put too much focus on which is “god” or “meh”, instead learn the play style of whatever new champs you got;
    - Your existing 5* is far from bad, if your world or eyesight narrowed to only AA and Longshot, then it is not beneficial to you at all. Learn to maximise the usage of each champ in your roster. One day when you reach a roster like me with less than 10 unown 5* you won’t lose your focus on the capability of each champs;
    - When you got over 60 5*, then you start thinking which one is “god” or “meh”, and most importantly, which champs suit your play style (or personal preference) the most.
  • HieitakuHieitaku Posts: 1,368 ★★★★★
    If you're upset about having misplaced expectations on a clearly uncertain outcome and not getting the better side of the coin flip, forget about not grinding. Just put the game down.
  • UnDEADGamerUnDEADGamer Posts: 51

Bro, you're not gonna convince anyone. It used to take over a month to get just one and full champ's or food chunks of shards we're not gifted. You don't even have an R3 yet. I had 23 bad champ's before I got one I felt good about and it took well over a year to get them, glory store materials for rankups was nothing like this and kabam wasn't handing out AGs and major shards like they have been this year. You're complaining to people who have been playing and grinding far longer with far fewer rewards.

You still increased your 5* roster by more than 25% in one month. You'll get 2-4 more each month "grinding" like everyone else doing the same and along the way will come some better champ's.

3/16 amazing champ's
    5/16 good champ's
    8/16 ok or bad champ's

That ratio is pretty good, especially based on RNG.Been playing for over three years and i'd kill for a 5* Archangel. SymSupreme is amazing and I don't have him either. Longshot is amazing too. Watch youtube videos and you'll learn how to maximize their potential.

a month? it took me damn near 8 to get my first 5 star back in year 2 or 3 of the game and i got pre buff spider gwen, who was not stellar to put it gently
  • UnDEADGamerUnDEADGamer Posts: 51
    5 stars are as easy to get now as 4 stars were 2 years ago, thats not a bad thing, but rellying solely on 5 stars to play the game, yes in higher levels of war, aq and act 6 its pretty much necissary but looking at your 5 stars and how none of them, even the three best (sym supreme, longshot and aa) arent above maybe r3 but prob r2, id assume your still working on act 5. That being said you should still try and focus on getting 5 and 6 stars so that you can do act 6, but they arent a necessity until youre at that point
  • The_beast123The_beast123 Posts: 2,050 ★★★★
    I guess my state could help you, I duped the boi you pulled [ juggernaut] twice.
    Still, I'm not worried much [MUCH] as i get iso and shards.
    But the luck of mine has been pretty good most of the times. I have a 50% and more of my 5 star roster to be decent or god tier boi's.

Luck fluctuates my friend, I started my 5 star saga with havok, my 2nd was a storm og, so yeah, it does ply eith you roster but its entirely managable imo.
  • Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    edited December 2020
    Everyone has bad pulls, but when you pull someone you really want, you kinda aren't as mad anymore.
    Top of my roster

Vs (some amazing champs ive not got the t1a for, ignore those)

It'll balance out eventually. Don't let bad pulls get you down. Also, they might get buffed now too.

Edit: i realised my duped red Cyclops wasn't present

• Rouger4Rouger4 Posts: 633 ★★★
    Uh... it’s not really bad. Archangel is a op mutant that can bypass soo many nodes. Proxima has great damage and heal block and can parry projectiles. Longshot has constant nullify and great damage.Phylocke underrated power lock. Terrax decent defender.Angela is Havok counter and good damage. Hood can heal ,fate seal and turn invisible and apply many debuffs. Gambit has solid damage and can bypass Magik and Electro. Symbiote supreme is op against buffs. I don’t see how it’s that bad.