**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Cav/Thronebreaker Progression Discussion MEGA-THREAD

Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
edited December 2020 in General Discussion
Alright, if you guys really want change then this is the time. Everyone is able to tell that the gap between Cav and TB is too large. Cav does not need to be "buffed" and TB does not need to be "nerfed" but instead there needs to be a middle. There is currently such a large difference between those who have done an initial run of 6.1 and those who are doing 7.1 for T5CC. Even if you do not agree with my suggestion at least discuss thoroughly and to your best capability what you feel is wrong and how it affects the game for you. Try to give suggestions as to what you believe can fix the situation but also look at other suggestions and discuss them. The community was able to hold a discussion about the state of the game earlier this year, we are able to do it again.

Comments

• Options
    While some may say to remove R3 6* Champ requirement, I disagree with this and instead say that Cav and TB requirements should be the same but have this new level between the two of them
  • Options
    DonDudu2809DonDudu2809 Posts: 348 ★★

While some may say to remove R3 6* Champ requirement, I disagree with this and instead say that Cav and TB requirements should be the same but have this new level between the two of them

Should be for 6.4/ 7.1
  • Options
    I agree, getting a T5CC could definitely be a milestone to getting Thronebreaker
  • Options
    It could be like an actual quest (like the infinity gem event) where we need the components to get the objective to complete. I don't mean having to do special or specific quests tho, just actual objectives to reach other than R3 champ
  • Options
    Maybe one requirement for the median of Cav and TB could be doing an initial run of LOL or something along those lines. Gets you prepared for Abyss (which you will eventually have to do) and is a fair challenge. I understand if this may not be the best option tho
  • Options
    DualityCopeDualityCope Posts: 433 ★★★
    edited December 2020
    Change the requirement to complete act 6 and 1 abyss path. OR make the requirement completing act 6 and obtaining 1 t5cc. The tb elitist would prefer the 1st option, and I think its a good one. (This would be nice but it won't happen since I'm sure many have already ranked up crappy 6* champs, and I'm pretty sure kabam wouldn't send out rank down tickets to everyone who did.) The best would to be just buff cav rewards to what they should be at this point in the game anyways, im sure very few would complain about lower cav players getting better rewards. Its a win for everyone (except kabam which is the big problem here)
  • Options
    @Deeparvi I'm pretty sure the Cav calendar is pushed towards the level of player that just finished 6.1 and the main problem is that a lot of players are between Cav and TB and are kinda stuck due to larger progression hoops
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Also, the glory store NEEDS to give some T5CC to these players who are scrounging all they can to get a fully formed with fragments. A new progression level would definitely help with that change
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    I'd also like to say that I don't care if TB ends up becoming a little harder to reach (maybe 2 Rank 3s idk, as long as there is a middle between Cav and TV) but there is just too much of a gap currently and it doesn't make sense why players have to deal with that when they are at a level where they can clear endgame content
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    I was saying this when TB was introduced. They shouldn't put the title for r3 6 star because some people are just unlucky and don't have a worthy r3 6 star. However, they should keep a requirement for getting a t5cc trough content (not cyber monday deals or something). It should just be explore Act 6 or do a path in Abyss. When i said this back then everyone jumped on me (and others who suggested this), saying that if you don't have a worthy 6 star than this title isn't for you....but imo progression shouldn't be reliant on luck....
  • Options

I was saying this when TB was introduced. They shouldn't put the title for r3 6 star because some people are just unlucky and don't have a worthy r3 6 star. However, they should keep a requirement for getting a t5cc trough content (not cyber monday deals or something). It should just be explore Act 6 or do a path in Abyss. When i said this back then everyone jumped on me (and others who suggested this), saying that if you don't have a worthy 6 star than this title isn't for you...

Explore Act 6 and Initial Abyss would be much better as it doesn't force you to rank up a champ you don't want. I didn't even think about maybe not counting things earned through deals
  • Options

I was saying this when TB was introduced. They shouldn't put the title for r3 6 star because some people are just unlucky and don't have a worthy r3 6 star. However, they should keep a requirement for getting a t5cc trough content (not cyber monday deals or something). It should just be explore Act 6 or do a path in Abyss. When i said this back then everyone jumped on me (and others who suggested this), saying that if you don't have a worthy 6 star than this title isn't for you...

Explore Act 6 and Initial Abyss would be much better as it doesn't force you to rank up a champ you don't want. I didn't even think about maybe not counting things earned through deals
    I have done Abyss even without Ægon, almost as a f2p player (spent 1 dollar on that 4 star crystal 3 years ago), i have done everything in this game except exploring some Variants and Abyss and i have no worthy 6 star and I am just stuck. I can't become TB because my luck is atrocious...
  • Options
    DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★

Story title shouldn't be based on content like abyss.
    Fully formed T5CC requirement is probably the best option if they decide to change TB requirements. Now it depends on the player how they get a T5CC.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    From what I've seen I think there needs to be change to TB requirements and only require a T5CC to be acquired and an entire exploration of Act 6. That seems like the best option, someone else can say if this doesn't seem like the best idea tho
  • Options
    _Kill_Switch__Kill_Switch_ Posts: 270 ★★
    There are few things more frustrating than still being Cavalier due bad luck but being able to blitz through Act 7 completion like any other Throne Breaker.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    I can agree with the fact that 7.1 is easier than 6.1 but I legitimately think it's cause the people doing 7.1 have a fairly large roster. And most champs are built to counter some nodes in the quests which makes it an easier time when going through the content. I also remember a slight problem with scaling content upwards and upwards, it would create this insane level of difficulty that shouldn't be seen in something as baseline as story progression
  • Options
    DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    6.1 was ok for me I did with a team of 5* r4 and r3. It just require some specific counters.
    7.1 seems easier because most people already have stacked roster by that point.
    On the other hand someone doing 6.1 is still building their 5* roster.
  • Options
    while someone doing 7.1 is still in a limbo with their 6* roster and don't use them for everything. it's honestly quite sad how many players are quick to neglect 6*s when they are supposed to be the next wave of game and it definitely shows that 5*s needed more time to grow and develop in our rosters before bringing in these 6*s
This discussion has been closed.