**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Omega Red broken by Gene Splicing Bleed Immunity in AQ

5* OR has been my MVP in AQ for the past year. I paid a lot to get full suicides and sig 200 on him. Now this new gene splicing bleed immunity means he can’t get more than 10 death spores and has massively reduced healing. Please get rid of this terrible mechanic.

Comments

• Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    It’s intended, just annoying
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    So what's exactly is broken here? Think you forgot to mention it at all
  • Options
    FaJinFaJin Posts: 5

So what's exactly is broken here? Think you forgot to mention it at all

The lack of death spores and the inability to heal is the broken bit.
  • Options
    The node does not stop you from healing or to apply death spores.
  • Options
    Realm_Of_RahRealm_Of_Rah Posts: 430 ★★★
    Gonna have to bring another champ
  • Options

The node does not stop you from healing or to apply death spores.

Except it gets rid of the massive bonus he gets from having a bleed applied to him
    Yeh sure, but that's how it is supposed to be
  • Options
    FaJin said:

I guess you don’t use him much.

I know how he works. That's also a reason I can say that there is nothing broken here
  • Options
    No_oneuk said:

i mean - what happens when you encounter a heal block node in an event quest? or a robot boss in story content? you bring someone else. that's what you have to do here. they're called nodes for a reason - you change your team to adapt best to the node and take advantage/counter it.

It’s not a node though. It’s described as a buff. So it’s supposed to help your champ not wreck it.
  • Options

• Options
    GraydroxGraydrox Posts: 413 ★★★

FaJin said:

No_oneuk said:

i mean - what happens when you encounter a heal block node in an event quest? or a robot boss in story content? you bring someone else. that's what you have to do here. they're called nodes for a reason - you change your team to adapt best to the node and take advantage/counter it.

It’s not a node though. It’s described as a buff. So it’s supposed to help your champ not wreck it.
    It's a node, and like any other node, it adds or removes something from the fight, or at least changes it from the normal.
    It is also a "good" node that gives your character's an advantage during the fight. If you think that advantage is stopping a specific champion from getting another advantage, one that you might think it's better than the one you get from the node, then you can always try not to use that character, or change the work you play with it.
    I'll say once again, there is nothing broken in the scenario you described. You just misunderstood how something is supposed to work. Either that, or you just wanted to rant over it
    The node is supposed to be a benefit to mutants. But it severely nerfs Omega red. And im sure he doesn't want to rant, but rather he is frustrated, like me, that his best AQ champ has been nerfed to the ground.
  • Options
    It isn't aeven a nerf though. It's a node that gives you an advantage, and won't allow your champion to gain specific disadvantages during the fight.
    It just so happens that a specific champion gains an advantage under such disadvantage, and some prefer one over the other. But then that's not a problem
  • Options
    That is a problem. They could have come up with a cross fight ability that doesn't negatively effect people who run suicides.

Like I said, the intent was to make mutants better. But they did the opposite for many players.
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,805 ★★★★★
    i mean this sucks for omega but it’s pretty good for other characters like Professor X
  • Options
    DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,568 ★★★★
    You don’t happen to have other mutant champions that could survive during this AQ cycle?
  • Options
    KapitzKapitz Posts: 59
    I've used Magneto (X), Omega Red and Professor X with this global with suicides turned on, and I'm yet to see it work consistently or how I expected it to. My assumption before the season began was that the Purify would trigger in the first fight, then for the subsequent three fights they'd not purify but have 100% reduced potency so make every mutant suicide friendly (similar to Parry Curse). So far though I've had this happen:

Omega Red: every fight I use him in, the purify on the bleed triggers after 5 seconds, which really cripples his usefulness.
    Magneto (X): behaviour seems to change based on whether the opponent is #Metal or not, or whether it's the first fight I'm using him in - the AA reduction makes the global act very strangely; have seen similar from people using red Mags as well.
    Professor X: first fight purifies both debuffs after 5 seconds, then in subsequent fights the bleed still seems to be doing normal damage but then purifies, though the poison remains indefinitely doing zero damage and I get unlimited Willpower healing off the poison - thereby finally making him suicide friendly (yay!)

So basically, I have no idea whether this global was intended to make all mutants suicide friendly in AQ, or if it was just meant to open up paths that apply debuffs for Mutants that aren't immune by default. It definitely doesn't seem to be working entirely right for any of the mutants I've taken into AQ.
  • Options
    Several champs lose out on a lot of regen because of the node, so it isnt just bad for OR. And I guess a horseman of apocalypse would lose out on the regen as well. And we all know how valuable regen is in AQ.
  • Options
    The node provides no regeneration at all.

And yes, I know willpower. That is a separated case here, pretty much irrelevant here
  • Options

The node provides no regeneration at all.

And yes, I know willpower. That is a separated case here, pretty much irrelevant here

Come again?
  • Options
    SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    This reminds me of the incursions hack which is labeled as a “buff” where you bleed on heavy attacks at the cost of a buff. Both this and gene splicing are similar because they CAN help a champion but not all champs work (like omega with gene splice or Nick with that hack [can’t remember name lol])
  • Options
    KapitzKapitz Posts: 59
    Adding a screenshot of my Professor X in AQ today after 4 fights with suicides turned on. The bleed purifies every fight after 5 seconds and remains at full potency (thus 3 cross fights for bleed immunity) whereas the poison doesn't purify after the first fight (so only 1 poison cross fight) and persists for the whole fight at 0% potency for free Willpower heals.

So the global must be either:
    Bugged for Bleed - it shouldn't purify in subsequent fights like the poison
    Bugged for Poison - it should also purify in every fight like the bleed

• Options

I don't get the controversy here.

Node offers bleed immunity, you want your preferred champ to bleed and he won't, nothing stopping you from bringing a different champ. Conclusion: bring diminished champ anyway, then whine?

I don't think questioning authority, or in this case, the game designers, should be considered whining. That's a terrible precedent. I don't agree with their decision of nerfing suicide friendly champs in AQ after i had invested so much. Not only in the suicide mastery but those specific champions.
  • Options
    ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    edited December 2020
    hmm, reading the global node again, my understanding of gene splicing is that in the first fight out of 3, the bleed in omega red's case will get purified after 5 seconds but for the next 2 fights after that the bleed won't get purified but it's potency is reduced by 100%, so omega red shouldn't be negatively affected every 2 out of 3 fights.
  • Options
    KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    They could just change it to 90% bleed reduction and that would be great. Red mags also loses his willpower healing from double edge. I guess they figured the buff to mutants was balanced a bit with the bleed immunity. I haven’t checked OML, I guess he is negatively affected too.