**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Honest Review: Elsa Bloodstone

Rouger4Rouger4 Posts: 633 ★★★
Elsa Bloodstone has recently been making a resurge in her popularity, rising from a decent champ in the eyes of the community to a actual consideration for r3. Let’s see if she’s actually a great champ in today’s review.

When it comes to damage , elsa bloodstone is a beast. Not crazy damage but it’s impressive to say the least, she has the highest critical rate in the game which is further increased by busted direct damage.
However, I think a point where she really shines is utility . She can shrug of non damaging debuffs somewhat consistently. This is useful but is some times unhelpful in cases. She is a good counter to evade champs due to her access to cold snap. However, this requires her to be evaded once in a fight. She also has a passive heal block at the start of the fight if you run suicides or be there is a bleed on her. So this bypasses debuff immunity but you need to have a bleed on u which may not always happen. Her utility is very underrated. She can also counter diss track and buffed up.

If she is used properly, Elsa is a great champion .Her rotation is simple , so you can focus on the fight.

So, let’s get into her abilities. She inflicts either a busted debuff with a light ending combo or a incinerate debuff with a medium ending combo. This might seem not like much but the busted increases her damage significantly and no one is immune to it, while the incinerate makes her a selective time stream or diss track counter. She also inflicts a passive heal block and a degeneration on the opponent which is nice but the degen is mostly for defence. She has this underrated abilities that when u parry instead you evade and can counter attack safely. This gives you free openings in stun immune, unblockable matchups and can help with mordo and BPCV.
She has 6 of each ammunition : with long names and I’m tired of typing so I’ll call them buster and burner. U can inflict 6 of each until they relaod. This reload is useful as it lets u gain power faster. She also has the ability to shrug off non damaging rebuffs which is great against mr fantastic and void and spectre. Her sp1 and sp3 give their three precision and cruelty respectively. I don’t really use them a lot but great for buffed up. Her sp2 inflicts busted till it runs out. This is the go to special. You want to also keep a ammunition running out so u can max out on damage and power.

Conclusion: Elsa has impressive damage with unique debuts and can counter buffed up diss track and spectre. She can consistently shrug off debuffs and is a decent evade counter. She has a underrated evade that gives you a opening and she’s overall a beats with this of under appreciated utility.

Comments

• Options
    ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,145 ★★★★★
    good work, I agree
  • Options
    Uh I’m confused you want me to post a photo out of context?
  • Options
    DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    i love her, best champ ever
  • Options
    _Kill_Switch__Kill_Switch_ Posts: 270 ★★
    Pulled 6* Elsa a few days ago. At R1, I was surprised at all she could do with more than decent damage as well. Kind of left me surprised as to why she wasn't rated higher. I see now she's actually underrated and a lot of people agree she's very good.
  • Options
    Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,539 ★★★★★
    Is she worth taking to rank 4 and using a gem on her. I don't have any skill 5 star above rank 1 and she is the only "useable" one I have?
  • Options
    Normally I would ask u to test her out first and see if you like her but since shes your best option sure ( you’re probably gonna get nick fury and a dupe after u rank her up tho)
  • Options
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Yup, I love my Elsa. Makes all the fantastic four a joke (HT is a weird one tho), destroys mix master, pleasure to burn and highly flammable, her counterparry and shrug off gets around annoyances like annihilus, gets around basically every single AQ modifier, good evade counter especially when a node like spry and gassed is involved, she is easily the best counter to long distance relationship and running on fumes, the heal block from using her with suicides makes arc overload regen at the start ineffectual, with Nick Fury synergy, she's probably the second best champ for autofight behind omega red, her high crit rate also gets around "crit me with your best shot".

There's a lot of things to love about Elsa. With her direct damage from the busted, she can (seemingly) hit for up to or more than 40k basic comboes. Her incinerate damage is hard to keep track off because of the mesmerizing effect of watching her inflict so many red numbers on the opponent. With tigra synergy (who I still don't have at any rarity 😪) allows her debuffs to last longer, which makes her counter evade easier in particular by lengthening the coldsnap debuff, etc. She doesn't require awakening, but it's nice in certain scenarios. One of the problems I have with her evade counter is the way it functions, which makes it a bit hard to fight non-incinerate immune Champs on mesmerize (but then again, I have like 10 other evade counters at the rank 5 level :P).

So yeah, Elsa is gr8. So close to having her as my first rank 3.
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    edited December 2020
    super nice write up my friend. I think it's ridiculous that people think she's incredibly overrated now without knowing how she works
  • Options
    RaviDaviRaviDavi Posts: 800 ★★★
    Yep! I would add that against evaders it's best not to use SP2, and SP1 only once, so you can spread Cold Snap debuffs to cover the most time.
  • Options
    Unio77 said:

Is she worth taking to rank 4 and using a gem on her. I don't have any skill 5 star above rank 1 and she is the only "useable" one I have?

for sure. I don't know about the gem because mine is unawakened but she's a great champ that will pull her weight
  • Options
    Unio77 said:

Save the gem for Aegon or NF, she can benefit from it, but less than these 2. (If you have both awakened, yeah go ahead)
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Faseeh said:

RaviDavi said:

Yep! I would add that against evaders it's best not to use SP2, and SP1 only once, so you can spread Cold Snap debuffs to cover the most time.

I never use sp2. Uses up your cool precision from sp1. Best thing to do is spam sp1's as the hits in between will crit way more and do more energy dmg
    Tbh the precision doesn't disappear immediately, and if you've used SP2 then most likely at least one round will be on reload meaning more combat power gain and quick SP1 again.

But yeah, I also prefer SP1. It's nice to have a double precision for some time.
  • Options
    RaviDavi said:

Faseeh said:

RaviDavi said:

I never use sp2. Uses up your cool precision from sp1. Best thing to do is spam sp1's as the hits in between will crit way more and do more energy dmg
    Tbh the precision doesn't disappear immediately, and if you've used SP2 then most likely at least one round will be on reload meaning more combat power gain and quick SP1 again.

But yeah, I also prefer SP1. It's nice to have a double precision for some time.
    yeah I generally swap between sp1 and sp2 because the power gain can help me rotate them quickly. I might try sp1 though
  • Options
    Hoodie25Hoodie25 Posts: 312 ★★★
    Rouger4 said:

I’m trying to get my insightful above my disagree level. Most of them came from spamming the forums when I was new :C

If only the insightful thread was still up...now those were the days