**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Kabam wants android users to quit

rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,051 ★★★
We've been posting for days on various issues especially lag with exactly zero responses.

The game is periodically and inexplicably not playable and complaints have rolled in for a week now.

The lack of response is the reason for the title. It is constructive. The lack of a response tells the story.

Comments

• FAL7ENFAL7EN Posts: 297
    Yes that's it walk away and never look back!
  • Showdown4lphaShowdown4lpha Posts: 49
    They don't want anyone to quit. That's nonsense.

It's funny because the Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes forums are full of "CG wants iOS users to quit!" posts right now, due to a Google gift card rewards offer.
  • HuluhulaHuluhula Posts: 263
    If it’s gonna make things better for iOS users then DEUCES!
  • LeeckLeeck Posts: 15
    At first the game was design to be playable,fun, entertaining. Then only $ come.
    Now it is money first, but unplayable, no fun with funny logic of design.
  • rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,051 ★★★

It's funny because the Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes forums are full of "CG wants iOS users to quit!" posts right now, due to a Google gift card rewards offer.

you have an iPhone

This game is terrible right now on android.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    First off, this could hardly be classified as constructive. Conspiracy would be more appropriate. Secondly, I'm as frustrated as the next person. It's really bad. However, that doesn't mean they want anyone to quit. It also doesn't mean they can fix it immediately. They just organized an impromptu Hot Fix. It's also the weekend, so responses are limited. They're doing the best they can.
    First off, this could hardly be classified as constructive. Conspiracy would be more appropriate. Secondly, I'm as frustrated as the next person. It's really bad. However, that doesn't mean they want anyone to quit. It also doesn't mean they can fix it immediately. They just organized an impromptu Hot Fix. It's also the weekend, so responses are limited. They're doing the best they can.

These complaints were up on Thursday. They are having us drive a car that may or may not have brakes and may or may not have a working steering wheel. They have reps at Comic-Con in the weekend. We didn't break the game. They did . They did an update and did little to test it. It came back extremely flawed and it's worse for android users.

Do I think they really want people to quit? No. However if they want people to play launching updates that actually aren't complete disasters and quickly fixing issues is how you show you value your customers.
    They are particularly bad at addressing android and right now the game is much less playable on it than an iphone....an iPad is potentially an issue
  • I have android and no issues currently. Even ran through and beat 5.2 with minimal item use. No money spent either. Maybe its device specific?
    edited October 2017
    What did you expect? They cancel NYCC?
    What did you expect? They cancel NYCC?

I expect a product to be launched as a finished. Not a disaster. if you go to eat do you expect your food prepared and cooked?
    Games like this have issues. Perfection is not really reasonable to expect. Yes, there have been many. Yes, the lag is almost unplayable. I'm going through the same thing. However, they've been made aware. Which is why I'm not posting it again. There's nothing more we can do. We can report the issue with the appropriate information, OS, Device, Area Affected, etc. There's little else that can be done. They will work on it as best they can. It certainly doesn't mean they don't care, or that they're not working on it, or that they want us to quit.
    edited October 2017
    I have android and no issues currently. Even ran through and beat 5.2 with minimal item use. No money spent either. Maybe its device specific?

5.2 and 5.3 are in the rearview. The issues I see right now seem to be very AQ and AW related.

I have an s7 edge and I'm getting rid of it. looking at the new pixel 2xl or iPhone x
    Games like this have issues. Perfection is not really reasonable to expect. Yes, there have been many. Yes, the lag is almost unplayable. I'm going through the same thing. However, they've been made aware. Which is why I'm not posting it again. There's nothing more we can do. We can report the issue with the appropriate information, OS, Device, Area Affected, etc. There's little else that can be done. They will work on it as best they can. It certainly doesn't mean they don't care, or that they're not working on it, or that they want us to quit.

I judge care by responsiveness and how you compensate for a mistake. The rest sounds like we align
    They don't compensate for ongoing issues. They work on fixing it first. As for response, there are already many Threads on the issue, and they can't respond to all of them. Not sure what you mean by aligning, but it's about what we have control over and what we don't, and what they can and cannot do. They can't fix it any faster if we demand it.
  • Showdown4lphaShowdown4lpha Posts: 49
    rwhack wrote: »

you have an iPhone

I have never owned an iPhone. I own Motorola Droid Ultra from like 2014.
  • NDK13NDK13 Posts: 620 ★★
    It takes me about an hour or so just to get in the game every time. I've sent emails and posted in the forum but no response. Because of this issue I have to play the game in my old phone which is way worse for me.
  • Most of irritating thing is ingame data download... Keep coming everyday... U have to download it again and again abt 480mb
    Its getting too annoying
  • SpinoSpino Posts: 241
    Sure, Kabam wants half their customers to quit. Good analysis.
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Funny how they didn't have any android devices for people to play on at comic con. Can you imagine best the boss event with android lmao. The awful bugs an gameplay will be on big screen for all to see
    Spino wrote: »
    Sure, Kabam wants half their customers to quit. Good analysis.

I see you can't read. Who wrote that for you?
  • GaryagGaryag Posts: 469
    This game was designed for Apple phones and IPads from the start it is interface issues with android phones the game itself is not written for Android
  • GaryagGaryag Posts: 469
    I have iPad Pro no issues at all only problem I have is my reflex’s needs to be faster in fights
    any word on if mcoc will actually be written for android at some point?
  • X_ScottX_Scott Posts: 732 ★★★
    Just switched to iPhone. The speed - oh my god - the speed is so much better. And the graphics are better. I never knew Antman left that cool ghost trail on his L1. It’s crazy the difference between the two. But I also kinda hate it and will probably go swap it back for an Android. Either way, kabam needs to figure out a solution to the problems on both (cause mcoc is resetting every time I check line)
    What's to hate? Is it less laggy and less glitchy?
  • Dakine86Dakine86 Posts: 239

you have an iPhone

I'm on android, mine works just fine.
    Dakine86 wrote: »

you have an iPhone

I'm on android, mine works just fine.

not in AW or AQ for me. I'm on a Samsung s7 edge.

LOL is done on my account and so is 5.3 I'm not new
    I get the OP's frustration. We're not talking a bit of lag or slow loading. We're talking unplayable. Completely slowing down to the point of unplayable. Arena, Master, anywhere that taking a hit is a huge detriment. The AI is the same speed it was before. Instant Blocks, Evade, etc. Only our Champs are going frames per second. I get it. It's also not a viable solution to say buy another device. I'm on a Samsung Galaxy Tab A. 1.5 G RAM. Android 5.1. There were moments of lag before the Update but this is bad. Really bad.
    My main point is it's not that they're ignoring us, or that they don't care about Android Users, or that they're not dedicated to fixing it. It's just that it will take them as long as it takes to identify it and fix it. All we can do is report as much info as possible and allow them to work on it.