**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

This needs to change

SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
the fact you can’t use variant gems on Kang, Labyrinth Ultron, or other champions that didn’t have “conventional releases” is dumb. That’s all it is.

Why the heck can’t we use the gems on these champs? Why does it matter if they had a normal release or not? It’s ridiculous!

Comments

• Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★
    edited December 2020
    Why would you use it on people like Kang or Labyrinth Ultron? There are far better options, and if you have every single option ranked up your probably a mega whale and the gem won't matter much. It's not really a massive thing though so I guess they could make the change

Personally I wish they would just get rid of the year restrictions on gems all together and let you use them on who you want.

This I can agree with
  • Charlie21540Charlie21540 Posts: 929 ★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Personally I wish they would just get rid of the year restrictions on gems all together and let you use them on who you want.

I'd rather they remove the cap on rank-up gems in the inventory, and actually allow you to choose one of multiple gems to use on a single champ.
    I agree with this as well
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    Tiger360 said:

Why would you use it on people like Kang or Labyrinth Ultron? There are far better options, and if you have every single option ranked up your probably a mega whale and the gem won't matter much. It's not really a massive thing though so I guess they could make the change

This I can agree with
    That way you can still rank them up (if you like them) without having to spend resources
  • Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★

Tiger360 said:

This I can agree with
    That way you can still rank them up (if you like them) without having to spend resources
    That’s understandable and I agree they should be included. My guess as to why they aren’t part of the options is 1) people like Kang are incredibly rare and trophy champs 2) the people who would consider ranking them are mostly people who have pretty much ranked up any other options and have resources to burn like COWhale did
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    Tiger360 said:

Tiger360 said:

This I can agree with
    That’s understandable and I agree they should be included. My guess as to why they aren’t part of the options is 1) people like Kang are incredibly rare and trophy champs 2) the people who would consider ranking them are mostly people who have pretty much ranked up any other options and have resources to burn like COWhale did
    yeah I know it’s just I was reading through the back issues 1 announcement with Kabams explanation on the matter and some comments on the v6 announcement thread asking why this gem won’t work on Ultron, and it’s honestly just super frustrating and for no reason