**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Kabam wants android users to quit

2»

Comments

• Options
    SvainSvain Posts: 453 ★★
    Posted this in another thread before I saw this one, so dropping this here too.

I get lag in arena sometimes, which is whatever. I can work around it, hardly ever in other modes, but I was just fighting Archangel on section 2 path 1/A (the far left one for you moderators that don't play. Ever.) And had the worst lag I have EVER experienced. I'm actually amazed I only took block damage in that fight it was so bad. Anyway, I was using Scarlet Witch (I'm not using abbreviations for the moderators because they probably don't have a clue who we are talking about when we DO use them.) I'm on a Samsung Galaxy s7 Edge running the latest version of Android. It was 1:35 in the morning, I was on wi-fi. I was drinking Dr. Pepper. I was laying in bed. It was snowing outside. My television and laptop were turned off. Did I miss anything?

Check your ****!
    So salty right now...
  • Options
    juST4fUNjuST4fUN Posts: 172
    I am running the game on Mediatek Helios X10 Processor with 3 GB ram and Android N, the game is working fine for me right now, i was facing a lot of lags/freeze till yesterday though.
  • Options
    HENRIQUE_FORTEHENRIQUE_FORTE Posts: 348 ★★
    X_Scott wrote: »
    Just switched to iPhone. The speed - oh my god - the speed is so much better. And the graphics are better. I never knew Antman left that cool ghost trail on his L1. It’s crazy the difference between the two. But I also kinda hate it and will probably go swap it back for an Android. Either way, kabam needs to figure out a solution to the problems on both (cause mcoc is resetting every time I check line)

So, it's better on IOS. Is it easier to parry, evade, intercept, etc? Does it respond faster? Is it easier to fight, overall?
  • Options
    DhruvgDhruvg Posts: 287
    My game is still crashing , but now it is completely random .
    Device - Asus Zenfone 5
    Android - 4.4.2
    Ram - 2GB
  • Options
    Armaganon00Armaganon00 Posts: 741 ★★
    Yep, and the only response we get are warnings and flags.
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    I have lag and crashes.
    Alcatel One Touch 7041X
    Android 4.2.2
  • Options
    Tman0971Tman0971 Posts: 349 ★★
    It was lagging something terrible for me and all my alli members on iOS yesterday. I have been playing on iPhone 7+ and ipad mini-4 for over a year now and lag is terrible on both at times. Whenever a major champ is in arena you can just expect lag for EVERYONE. They have a server capacity issue, it's not rocket surgery.
  • Options
    RaaRaa Posts: 309 ★★
    edited October 2017
    Svain wrote: »
    Posted this in another thread before I saw this one, so dropping this here too.

I get lag in arena sometimes, which is whatever. I can work around it, hardly ever in other modes, but I was just fighting Archangel on section 2 path 1/A (the far left one for you moderators that don't play. Ever.) And had the worst lag I have EVER experienced. I'm actually amazed I only took block damage in that fight it was so bad. Anyway, I was using Scarlet Witch (I'm not using abbreviations for the moderators because they probably don't have a clue who we are talking about when we DO use them.) I'm on a Samsung Galaxy s7 Edge running the latest version of Android. It was 1:35 in the morning, I was on wi-fi. I was drinking Dr. Pepper. I was laying in bed. It was snowing outside. My television and laptop were turned off. Did I miss anything?

Check your ****!
    So salty right now...

The end of that comment sounds like they would be some really awesome lyrics to a classic rap song.
    "It was 1:35, i was on the wifi
    Drinking Dr.pepper while it was snowing outside
    Tv was off and i was chilling on the bed,
    Playing video games on my phone cuz my laptop was dead"
  • Options
    Nightwraith21Nightwraith21 Posts: 68
    Hi everyone -

Dropping by to let you all know that I'm sorry for any lack of response or addressing of this matter. I definitely don't want y'all thinking we don't care about this matter when we fully do. Lag is awful and a complete bummer, we want to get this fixed. We are working and looking into these issues all the time, but ask that everyone keep in mind a number of different devices being used.

Each device functions differently based on their build, memory, etc... All of these have to be taken into account when addressing the problems everyone is facing. Our teams are checking frequently on what devices are having these problems, it's why we ask so often for the device, OS, OS version and other information that may seem bothersome to answer or even repetitive. I apologize that it feels like this, but we ask so that the information can be front and center when presented to our teams.

If y'all can please provide your device information, even if you had on a different post, I'd be grateful for it. There have been many different posts about this matter and I can assure you they aren't going ignored. Response or not (though we try our best to answer as many we can), we care about what's going on and we do want to fix it.

LG V10 with the newest Android version. It's a brand new replacement phone, so less than 1 year old. Lag just cost me all 3 champs in aq. My roommate and best friend have iPhones with nearly zero lag issues. Honestly it seems like iPhones are optimized yet android gets left in the dust.
    Maybe worry less about 6 stars and more about fine tuning your game. Games always die when the company fails to listen to its fan base.
  • Options
    mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    are you kidding me? dude. come on. really. i bet you're one of those people in the flat world society.
  • Options
    Tman0971Tman0971 Posts: 349 ★★
    @Kabam Vydious This is a server capacity issue, PERIOD. Notice how these complaints skyrocket during heavy arenas for great champs? Iceman went for 6.8M+ and every champ over 6M this happens. My alliance has all number of devices and every single one of us were affected all day yesterday, the last day of Iceman arena - not a coincidence.
  • Options
    rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,051 ★★★
    Samsung s7 edge
    Latest OS
  • Options
    Problem with lag is not just Android. Game degrades to the point of unplayability on iOS as well. A few rounds of arena and I have to force close the app and restart it for it to be responsive again. AQ and AW also regularly suffer lag.

At the moment only regen champs are worth using due to regularly starting a fight with a combo to the face because lag on fight start means blocks don’t register.

This clearly goes beyond a device issue. If you’re going to blame devices then you need to disable things like background animations and particle effects on older devices (and any other no-essential processing) to maintain the one key aspect of the game - PLAYABILITY. These constant issues really are sucking out the last remaining bits of enjoyment from this game.

iOS 11.0.2
    iPad mini 3 and iPhone 5S.
  • Options
    rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,051 ★★★
    Yeah...map 6 is actually fun when your hero responds to what you're doing...when parry works...when a special you hit activates...when it doesn't suddenly autofight for a second.
  • Options
    Auto fight bug in aw and aq smh. I have stopped grinding, and I don't think I'm going to finish master. I just try and get through aq. I'm bummed. I just don't understand this. The game is really not fun anymore. Sad
  • Options
    Mainer123Mainer123 Posts: 527 ★★
    rwhack wrote: »
    We've been posting for days on various issues especially lag with exactly zero responses.

The game is periodically and inexplicably not playable and complaints have rolled in for a week now.

The lack of response is the reason for the title. It is constructive. The lack of a response tells the story.
    It’s not only android it’s everything my iPad Air is as bad if not worse than the android vids out there. And people quitting the game = less money for kabam they definitely don’t want that, they are all about the all mighty dollar