**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Walk with me #1: 6* generic AG decision!

Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
Decided I’ll start doing this mini series, instead of asking who to rank, I’ll take you through my entire thought process :smile:

So first thing I’ll give my back ground

Alliance war : Silver
Alliance AQ : 5x5
Prestige : 12795
AOL: 100%
Act 6 : 100%
Act 7 : 100%
Variants: 100%

Current R3 : Domino; apoc, CGR , Spiderham, invisible woman, ghost , Elsa bloodstone, doom.

So, I have a 6* generic AG that I earned from 100% AOL.

Pulled a red goblin and also pulled a Spiderham both will be R3 in the next week.

Spiderham: So I have looked at spiderhams ability and it actually increases his spider nonsense charge by 2 seconds. That seems pretty low , but when I think about falcon with dupe and without dupe , it actually is a lot longer to get those poppers to refresh more consistently, it functions without it . Sig required 150+

Red goblin: If I use a generic AG into him, that means I am stone committed, and at signature level 1 my fury damage will only increase by 110 points. At max sig it’s closer to a 2600 increase.

All content is done , so I’m asking myself why are you in a rush to use an AG when you don’t need to. The answer really is, it allows me to make this game fun , and holding on to more resources just is not fun and causes me to get enticed by newer champs . If they are R3 I should be okay using my AG.

When I’m thinking about cav difficulty it’s not that pressing to rank a champ up for it. Any new content that comes I have the roster already. So I’m not ranking for utility or damage anymore.

I looked at my roster , and realized I don’t have a R3 champ that is just fun to play , and can do a little bit of everything. I found that I could still get the damage off with spiderham , so for defense I would have , but I’m in silver tier wars , so it won’t matter much.

Red goblin! Not the greatest , but you know what? I can , because I don’t have anything else to accomplish In game and I’m not waiting around for any particular champ. I’ll dupe them eventually, and red goblin benefits significantly more than spiderham!

Cheers ! Let me know how your process typically goes

Comments

• Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★
    Scholia said:

Just don’t do goblin. Please.

To Jump on the other side, agree with you wanting to take up a champion you enjoy. But a 6 star awakening gem is rare, in fact it’s only available in abyss. You should really need to consider this

what about act 6
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    0din said:

Why would you enjoy playing with goblin? Are u saying that all your other 6* are duped? Hard to believe

I guess, I just like an underdog. Here is my 6* roster for your reference.

neither of them worth that AG Just forget about it

Well. Red goblin is very dependent on his signature ability and being awakened.

OK so here's what I think, I think you should hold off on red goblin.....because you still have under two months to gather 6 star shards and if you think you'll go for it at least one more time to see if you can dupe him its not too bad. I duped mine twice so far.

if not then yeah idk Red Goblin Is a nice one imo

This is a solid plan, and actually went into my thought process , maybe I’ll try one last time to dupe him.

But I guarantee you next year, another AG will be on the way. But , I’ll save . Just my thought process is all
    0din said:

I have a better roster than that and I wouldn’t waste a generic AG on red globin. There are obvious choices for that gem in your roster but suit yourself, as long as it makes you happy

Yeah,
    My roster is not flashy , but we get the job done. The truth is there aren’t many more champs who is game changing for me. Also, I found the less resources you have the less attractive those cav crystals start to look.

I’m actually sitting on 3 generic 5* gems I thought I would use. I come to learn that the resources always come back.

This is just my thought process.

I have some other ones coming as well:

Why I’m taking dragonman to R3
    Why I took my vision to R2
    Why I dumped all my stones into apoc
    Why Elsa bloodstone beat out NT and Ronin.

Just to talk everyone through my process.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Normally I'm the poster child for free-thinking, but in this case I'd have to go with Aegon, just from sheer utility of his Sig. You may be done all content now, but there will be future content to consider, like "Summer of Pain" (whenever it comes), or the AoL sequel.
  • NewlinstheoryNewlinstheory Posts: 1,012 ★★★★
    Want an underdog story? take up immortal hulk hahaha

But fr I think I might take mine to r3 as well now, but still deciding since he's not the most suicide friendly....so we will see

Want an underdog story? take up immortal hulk hahaha

But fr I think I might take mine to r3 as well now, but still deciding since he's not the most suicide friendly....so we will see

I said I wanted an underdog not a wounded dog 😂.

I thought he was suicides friendly because he eats up the recoil and heals from it . I played with him all around the battle realm and it just doesn’t feel satisfying to play him. Although I did get WS down in 90 hits with the right RNG
    Mattyy said:

Given the level of your roster, who you're considering awakening over some 'better' options and where your alliance is sitting in AQ/AW I'd assume you're in cruise mode and just enjoying doing content and having fun.

Sooo I'd say just go with whoever you really want to awaken, it's not going to make any difference to what you're currently getting out of the game besides adding some more fun if you really enjoy those champs.

The only reason for 'you' to hold onto it is if there is some 6* you really want and having them awakened will be a must for you to enjoy using them.

Different needs for different people 🤷‍♂️

Yes,
    That’s exactly where I am now. I’m now the old man that use to be pretty good at basketball, and although I can’t run like I use to, my 3 point technique is still there for these young bucks.

But I don’t play in the paint anymore, I pass and avoid physical contact.

In all seriousness, it got too demanding so I just hAve fun messing around. Definitely a good way to put it . Thanks for the encouragement
  • NewlinstheoryNewlinstheory Posts: 1,012 ★★★★
    lol yeah I hope I-hulk, Airwalker, and Nova are some champs that will get some numbers changes/buffs for 2021
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
    Id take Aegon.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,904 ★★★★★
    Your roster, your game, do what you want with it. Personally, I’ve also got a soft spot for red goblin and really want him as a 6*, so I totally get the thought process.

I’m sitting on my generic AG from abyss too. I should put it into my r3 Nick Fury, but I just don’t want to. I don’t find him fun to play. He’s amazing and all, but he’s not fun. All I have left in the game is some 7.1 exploration.

Anyway, like some people said if you’re going to keep popping featured 6* it may benefit you to wait so you don’t use the gem and immediately dupe him. Otherwise, go to town.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Faseeh said:

@Texas_11 Gonna say it again :- Nice r3 elsa!

UwU
    Faseeh said:

Thanks! Finally got her to signature 200
    Haji_Saab said:

You have all content completed... you don't do AW at any hard level .. nor do you do map 6 or 7 ...

You can literally take Groot to r3 and it won't matter

Lol, nicely put. Long as I enjoy a champ it doesn’t matter.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    edited December 2020
    Texas_11 said:

Faseeh said:

Thanks! Finally got her to signature 200
    I'd love to see a gameplay video. Maybe against RoL hulk boss.
  • Dr_Z01dbergDr_Z01dberg Posts: 512 ★★★
    Texas_11 said:

Decided I’ll start doing this mini series, instead of asking who to rank, I’ll take you through my entire thought process :smile:

So first thing I’ll give my back ground

Alliance war : Silver
    Alliance AQ : 5x5
    Prestige : 12795
    AOL: 100%
    Act 6 : 100%
    Act 7 : 100%
    Variants: 100%

Current R3 : Domino; apoc, CGR , Spiderham, invisible woman, ghost , Elsa bloodstone, doom.

So, I have a 6* generic AG that I earned from 100% AOL.

Pulled a red goblin and also pulled a Spiderham both will be R3 in the next week.

Spiderham: So I have looked at spiderhams ability and it actually increases his spider nonsense charge by 2 seconds. That seems pretty low , but when I think about falcon with dupe and without dupe , it actually is a lot longer to get those poppers to refresh more consistently, it functions without it . Sig required 150+

Red goblin: If I use a generic AG into him, that means I am stone committed, and at signature level 1 my fury damage will only increase by 110 points. At max sig it’s closer to a 2600 increase.

All content is done , so I’m asking myself why are you in a rush to use an AG when you don’t need to. The answer really is, it allows me to make this game fun , and holding on to more resources just is not fun and causes me to get enticed by newer champs . If they are R3 I should be okay using my AG.

When I’m thinking about cav difficulty it’s not that pressing to rank a champ up for it. Any new content that comes I have the roster already. So I’m not ranking for utility or damage anymore.

I looked at my roster , and realized I don’t have a R3 champ that is just fun to play , and can do a little bit of everything. I found that I could still get the damage off with spiderham , so for defense I would have , but I’m in silver tier wars , so it won’t matter much.

Red goblin! Not the greatest , but you know what? I can , because I don’t have anything else to accomplish In game and I’m not waiting around for any particular champ. I’ll dupe them eventually, and red goblin benefits significantly more than spiderham!

Cheers ! Let me know how your process typically goes

Personally I wouldn’t use a generic on Roblin for a couple of reasons, his awakened ability isn’t a must have, it’s a nice to have and he is in the current featured batch so you have a much larger chance to dupe him naturally for the next couple of months.

Spider-Ham I’m not that familiar with but again I don’t think it’s a must have for the champion.

Personally I would save it however, if you love playing Roblin (which I understand as I have a duped 6* R2) then once this batch of featured is over and if you haven’t duped him naturally or pulled someone who’s awakened ability is integral to their core abilities then use it on him then.

Judging by the fact that your running 5x5 I’m guessing prestige isn’t a factor so I personally say don’t rush into using something which (outside of competition prizes) is currently a unique item in the game at this stage