**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Variant 4 magneto all or nothing counters?

Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
I’m currently exploring variant 4 and I’ve completed ever path except the all or nothing path in chapter 1 quest 1. You can only bring 5 or 6 stars into this chapter. The path has iron patriot, magneto, mordo, and the cable. I have three power control or taunt champions who are 5*s. r3 Starky, r2 p2099, and r4 guardian. Guardian is obviously not an ideal option because he can’t only taunt off of his sp1 and it’s not that long. I also have ghost which I mention because of the hood synergy that can have her phase sp3s. I unfortunately don’t have hood in a 5 or 6 star rarity. I took the iron patriot with starky when I did the rage path because he starts that path and it worked well so I was thinking I’d either use him or rank up p2099 for the rest of the path. My problem comes with magneto. All three of those champions are #metal so they won’t work well against mags. So what should I do? Should I try to units my way through with another champion who isn’t metal or should I wait till I get a better counter for the path as a whole and mags? I’ll post my 5 and 6 star roster below if that’s any help. Thanks.

Comments

• TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    Have you tried BWCV with the power steal phase?
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Slow playing with Havok could be an option. Play around him, use a few hits and natural power gain to get to a Sp3, and he's a goner. He's gonna give you plasmas on every blocked hit.
  • GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,205 ★★★★★
    U can use havok. Parry a few hits to build plasma. When mags has 8 on him then heavy. Then play passive dont ever hit. Then as feedback is about to expire then heavy again to refresh. Keep this up and sp3 him when mags is near his sp3 :) since havok builds power over time
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★

Have you tried BWCV with the power steal phase?

No I haven’t. @Masterpuff and @TheLegend27 do you think that would work on ever champion on that path or just mags? If it did work on everyone it would make the whole path a lot simpler but I don’t think it would. And also would using a power booster make that easier? The way I’m thinking about it I’d be hard to get back to sp2s in one combo.
    HI_guys said:

Guardian with his shock could technically do it. Might take a few hours

He's metal.
    Also, I just tested it and Claire does work for All or Nothing. You've gotta control your combos though to get Mags as close to a Sp3 as possible, back off, and then go in for a full combo before your Sp2.
  • spiderknight616spiderknight616 Posts: 456 ★★★
    Claire worked for me
  • I think I straight up unit man that path. Hated it.
  • StaphMemberStaphMember Posts: 337 ★★★
    edited January 2021
    I tried it with BWCV today and couldn’t reliably power drain him enough with the poison curse special two. I got him down to half health before transducer was too much and allowed him to get to Sp3 before another sp2 for me.

Side note: I don’t run suicides so perhaps the added damage and power drain could be enough to power through.

I’m personally waiting to rank up Magik before I tackle that path.
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    I finished that path last night using Claire for mags. She worked really well against him but not as well against the others because they had outside power gain. I was able to do it itemless but it took me a couple of tries.
  • StaphMemberStaphMember Posts: 337 ★★★
    Follow up to my earlier comment, Doctor Voodoo wiped the floor with magneto!

Now I just need to find power control with true strike or fatigue for Mordo....
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,363 ★★★★★
    Your roster doesn't look ideal for that path! Although Havok and Stealthy are ideal for the Electro at the end.

Nick Fury should survive the SP3 if he's still in LMD form; but his damage will be gimped a lot due to Magneto's bleed resistance.

I used Magik and Dr Voodoo a lot, but I don't see you having them. Claire is probably your best bet.

Punisher 2099 could put some work in for the rest of the path; but won't work at all against Mags, I'm afraid.