**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

The Unofficial Captain Marvel (Movie) Guide

TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
edited November 2021 in Strategy and Tips
So this is my first guide. A few weeks ago I put out a poll asking who you guys wanted me to write about. Sorcerer Supreme won the vote overwhelmingly (I'll write about her next), but I've been working with CMM a lot so I figured that she should go first. I'm going to do this like a FAQ. I'll write some hypothetical questions that one would have, and I'll write the answer. Enjoy!

All stats that I give are relative to a 5/65 CMM

Q: What are her basic abilities?
A: First off, she has Poison Immunity. This comes in handy A LOT. She is a great counter for bosses like 6.2.2 Mr. Sinister. Also, I'll talk about this a bit more later, but the fact that she's poison immune helps her in AQ. Her other basic abilities include Armor Break and what I like to call de-armor up. All light and medium attacks have a 15% chance to inflict armor break, reducing armor by 460 for 7 seconds. Also, intercepting an opponent's attack gets a guaranteed Armor Break, reducing armor by 460 for 7 seconds.

Q: What is de-armor up? What are its uses?
A: This is a very basic ability, but comes in handy in SO MANY WAYS. When you throw a heavy while the opponent is in the middle or recovering from a heavy attack, all Armor Ups are removed from the opponent. Also, this stuns the opponent for 2.5 seconds (assuming there are no nodes or abilities that reduce stun time). In the 2.5 seconds, you should have enough time to dash in, do a MM combo, then do a full 5 hit combo. This de-armor up helps when playing against a node where the defender gains extra armor, or even when you're playing a champion like Colossus that has armor ups, but he is immune to armor break.

Q: Since you didn't write a ton about her basic abilities, does she have non-basic abilities?
A: Yes, in fact, she does! If you read her ability sheet, it doesn't seem like much, but it is very complicated. If you have seen the movie, at the end she looks like she became a glow stick and , and this is called Binary. For every blocked hit, she gains 1 Binary Charge. Any well-timed block generates 1 extra Binary Charge. Also, for every hit of energy damage she receives, she gets 1 Binary Charge (this includes Electro's Static Shock). The only big disadvantage to this is when she's facing a Mystic opponent, every time that she generates 1 Energy Charge, she loses an extra 608 damage. Also, she gets 3 Binary Charges when she activates a SP1, and 10 Binary Charges at the end of a SP3.

Q: What do these Binary Charges do?
A: When you have ten or more charges, you can dash back and hold block for 1.2 seconds to activate Binary Ignition. For each 5 charges, you get a fury boost increasing attack rating by 890 for the duration of the charges. So if you activate binary ignition with 10-14 charges, you get 2 furies, if you activate it with 15-19, you get 3, if you activate it with 20-24, you get 4, and if you activate it with 25, then you get 5. If you get to 25 Binary Charges, Binary Ignition is automatically activated.

Q: Other than furies, what does Binary Ignition do?
A: Instead of a 15% chance to inflict armor break, there is a 60% chance to inflict armor break with light or medium attack. Also, an additional 30% damage is dealt as an energy blast when hitting an opponent who has an armor break on them.

Q: What is the timer like on Binary Charges?
A: Each Binary Charge lasts 1.2 seconds normally. While this might seem like a long time, it goes by very quickly.

Q: Is there any way to lose/gain Binary Charges once you’re in Binary Ignition?
A; Yes, there are ways for both. When you’re in Binary Ignition, for every heavy attack you land, you get 3 extra Binary Charges. This helps a lot when you’re playing against evade champs, because you can just parry, heavy, and keep your charges up. But the way that she loses Binary Charges is one of the largest weaknesses of her kit. Let’s say that you have 20 Binary Charges, and you’re not in Binary Ignition yet. If you get hit and knocked down by a special attack, you activate Binary Ignition on being knocked down, and you lose half of your charges. Also, the SP1 while in Binary Ignition is unblockable, but you lose 2 Binary Charges, and the SP2 is unblockable as well, but you lose 4 Binary Charges. Also, she has a persistent charge mechanic where you keep your Binary Charges from the past fight.

Q: What does her awakened ability do? Is she worth a class gem or a generic?
A: Her awakened ability makes it so that when you go into Binary Ignition when you have 20 or more charges, you get an indestructible buff. At sig 1, this lasts for 6 seconds, and at sig 200, this lasts for 12 seconds. At sig 1, the cooldown lasts for 60 seconds, and at sig 200, the cooldown lasts for 40 seconds. I 100% believe that you should use a class gem or a generic on CMM. I will explain this in the next blurb.

Q: What are her uses? Where do you use her?
A: The short answer is everything. The long answer is that she is best in long quests such as AQ. If you can get her Binary Charges up to 25 within the first 2 fights and she’s awakened, you can breeze through AQ. I have gotten to the AQ boss in Map 4 with a 5/65 CMM with only 500 health lost. You can get her to 25 charges within the first 2 fights, and then each fight will only last like 10 or 15 seconds with a few combos, and your fight is over. If you don’t throw any specials or heavies, then you end with around 20-23 charges left. You just need 2 or 3 parries and then you get the indestructible and the 5 furies. Also, since you gain 2% max power for each Binary Charge at the beginning of each fight, you can basically throw one combo and you have enough power for a SP2.

Q: What is your rotation for her?
A: My usual rotation is SP3 until you get to 25 charges, then throw SP2s with heavies to keep up Binary Charges.

Q: Any useful synergies?
A: I think the only usable synergy that I recommend is the synergies with Nick Fury. This increases the length of Binary Charges from 1.2 to 2.2 seconds. For reference, without the synergy, 25 charges would last 30 seconds, and with the synergy, they last 55 seconds. I always use a 4* 5/50 Nick Fury purely for synergies rather than a 5* 4/55 Sparky.

Please let me know in the comments if you have any questions or if there's something I should add
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Very nice and intricate.
  • Options
    So now the question is who should be the subject of my next guide?
  • Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★

Do iHulk so you have to play with him to see how good he is.
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★

Domino
    Let the man live.
  • Options

Domino
    Let the man live.
    If I do write a domino guide, it would just say "Don't use Domino."
  • Options
    Crcrcrc said:

Unless you want a guide based on a 2*, I think I'll be doing someone else
  • Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★

Crcrcrc said:

Unless you want a guide based on a 2*, I think I'll be doing someone else
    Do it
  • Options
    Da2Vero33ManDa2Vero33Man Posts: 156
    Do the furies stack on base attack rating?
  • Options

I don’t completely understand your question. The amount of furies are based on the Binary Charges when Binary Ignition is activated
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,805 ★★★★★

I’ve always thought it was modified
  • Options
    SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    edited November 2021
    Don’t you have Herc? If so definitely interdasted
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
    Its unfortunate that captain marvel got powercrept
  • Options
    itzShadow420itzShadow420 Posts: 28
    guide on the thing or punisher 2099? i definitely feel that punisher 2099 is very underrated.
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 8,003 ★★★★★
    Polygon said:

Its unfortunate that captain marvel got powercrept

Shes still a top cosmic