**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Dev Diary says it’s still bringing Rooted mechanic to game ?

CaptBirdseyeCaptBirdseye Posts: 102
edited January 2021 in General Discussion
Vote to say if you want Rooted in game or not.

Dev Diary says it’s still bringing Rooted mechanic to game ? 169 votes

Yes, I want Rooted in game
29%
GamerLeNoirFaineantHaji_SaabSungjDestroyer123Hammerbro_64Furious_Fighter1spiderknight616CupidWicket329Raichu626VoltolosRockyshockyBowTieJohnNotsavage19Cowboyschamploo1RockypantherxItsDamienDr_Z01dbergQacob 50 votes
No, I don’t want the Rooted mechanic
70%
Crine60DL864RektorADDIS0NPiviotTendersquadzuffyjdrum663FineDogCrimson8399GK_23phillgreenDrake2078rnr87Duo_KulioWardenclockDarkrider05Cat_MurdockMqc19Nojokejaym 119 votes

Comments

• The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Just add it as it is to the "summer" of pain thing or add some benefit to it for normal quests.
  • Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★
    usually not very fun
  • spiderknight616spiderknight616 Posts: 454 ★★★
    I think they said they would test it as a node first before adding it into a Champion's kit. I'm sure they'll do the latter soon with probably a buffed Groot
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    I think it’s similar to when inverted controls were introduced. Yes this mechanic can be problematic but it’s interesting and skill based so I wouldn’t mind it becoming implemented places (so long as it’s not Tigra or Squirrel Girl on root specials)
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    I’d agree with you if there weren’t arbitrary whiffs on hits that shouldn’t have happened.
  • CaptBirdseyeCaptBirdseye Posts: 102
    Keep voting
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,282 ★★★★
    In a perfect world, it would be an interesting challenge. However, there seems to be a lot of complexity for implementing the Rooted mechanic, based on timers, spacing, specials. That doesn't even take into account individual champion abilities and how they interact with the node. Their test trial of the Rooted mechanic highlighted how many kinks there are to work out.

Based on Kabam's history of bugs, I don't have a lot of confidence it would be implemented correctly.
  • JragonMaster170JragonMaster170 Posts: 2,044 ★★★★★
    Only because Kabam might buff King Groot (My 3rd 6 star) and incorporate the root mechanic
  • SarcasticTaurusSarcasticTaurus Posts: 446 ★★★

Personally think it’s terrible, add Unblockable SP attacks and it’s just a awful cash grab.

You know exactly how the added nodes will be... lol
    No way around that. Or maybe Kinetic Transference - 3. That's a good one right there. ;-)
  • MainzelMainzel Posts: 50
    Well, I think the mechanic has defently some potential to be an fun note. However it needs to be a bit polished first. But if they do it right and pair it up with some other special notes it can be a fun note. Look at act 7 for example, there are notes that by them self are bs but they are paired up with other notes so that they create anfun and fair challenge.
    I think it is a bit early to just never use that note again. The side event in which it appeared was like an beta test.
  • ImGodMFImGodMF Posts: 459 ★★★
    edited January 2021

As a node they can apply to any champ? No.
    As a potential part of a buffed Groots kit? Maybe.
    I’d prefer if it was a case of groot rooting himself after an SP3, but while rooted he gets an incredibly strong regen buff.

Woah interesting. Or KG rooting the opponent after his S3 with the vines? Good suggestion mate.

@Mr_Platypus
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,149 ★★★★★

Root was not as bad as people made it out to be.

No it wasn’t bad aside from a few instin like u hit him and u got combos because u was rooting that’s one thing need to be make a bit better.
  • ZanerJayZanerJay Posts: 131
    Lets hope not, stupidest thing ever
  • BuffBeastBuffBeast Posts: 1,075 ★★★★
    I mean, it wasn’t that bad for me. But like others have said, this could be a filthy cash grab. So I think if they DO implement it in the game, they’ll have to make sure there’s a balance of it being a challenge and fun instead of a pain that feels like a chore to do
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    Not until they can figure out a way to make attacks whiff/not whiff consistently for each champion
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    I clicked the wrong one :|

I don’t want it in much context but it shouldn’t go extinct. Keep it in as much as reverse controls is in the game right now.
  • pete8388pete8388 Posts: 142 ★★
    If they add root, it would be cool if flying champions (Goblins, surfer, air walker, etc) were immune to it
  • CaptBirdseyeCaptBirdseye Posts: 102
    Players are dropping some nice uses for it at least.