Options

Who is the best cosmic?

2»

Comments

• Options
    BuffBeastBuffBeast Posts: 1,075 ★★★★
    Hyperion
    DannyB01 said:

Will be interesting to see how many people switch from Hyperion to CGR one year from now. Opinions change as people acquire the newer champion.

It's between Hype and CGR for me but they're both primarily considered as damage champions, so it has to be CGR. If Hype hit likes a truck, CGR hits like Thanos throwing a moon at you. He's been shown to kill LOL Rulk in 69 seconds--that's unrivalled.

Utility-wise, CGR also has Hyperion beat overall I think:
    - Bleed immunity is slightly more useful than poison immunity (because caltrops and biohazard are so common),
    - CGR has better armour breaks,
    - CGR also has powerful power gain but Hyperion edges it by not needing a hit landed,
    - Both have incinerates,
    - Hype has regen but CGR has excellent block proficiency
    - CGR gets fate seal and power lock for a good portion of any fight

Glad to see these guys are 1 and 2 though.

I mean, proxima has the highest damage in this selection of characters. If CGR hits like thanos throwing a moon at you, proxima hits like the living tribunals toe
  • Options
    MrBanksMrBanks Posts: 950 ★★★
    CGR
    Hyperion is slowly fading out of the meta like blade and starky did...
  • Options
    spiderknight616spiderknight616 Posts: 462 ★★★
    MrBanks said:

Hyperion is slowly fading out of the meta like blade and starky did...

Yeah, that's not happening anytime soon. Especially with the Cosmic quest in Cav.
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,751 ★★★★★
    Venom

Kerneas said:

More of a troll vote, but I do believe Venom deserves to be a Top 5 cosmic. And for me personally he is the best boi, but I understand that isn't the case for most other users.

I'd even argue that with the release of Variants and how good he is for general questing, Venom>Corvus
    Yes, I think it makes sense to discuss this, as Corvus has lost some of his value, whereas Venom has gained a lot. I personally would put Venom and Corvus on a same spot.

Corvus has immunity and ramped up is a beast. Furthermore, he gains benefit from suicides (which are more and more popular). He also has emergency powerdrain and evade counter.

Venom has no immunity, but cancells spider-evades (which is 6 annoying champions). Also he requires no ramp up. He doesnt have the insane corvus damage, but he hits very hard, and has nice DoT effect unlike corvus. Also, he has "built in assassin mastery" in form of his truestrike below 18%.

Based on this I would say that both these champions have different advantages, that make them about equally valuable.
  • Options
    IceBroIceBro Posts: 179 ★★
    CMM
    Redslimm said:

We'll agree that Hyperion, Corvus and CGR are the top 3 currently, but I enjoy playing with CGR the most.

I can personally never rate those three over CMM. I have, so far, Hype and CMM at max rank and I find myself using CMM more than Hyperion even though I don't have Nick Fury. Yeah... she's that good. I haven't even ever played with her in endgame content with a Nick Fury. Her indestructible is the best in the game rivalling Terrax and her Damage output is phenomenoal. She can bypass so many debuff nodes and take minimal or no damage it's not even funny. Energy DoT just further enhances her ramp up too. I love her heavy counter stun too it can end fights well.
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,852 ★★★★★
    Hyperion
    There was a thread before comparing CGR to Hype. I voted Hype. Then i pulled a 6* CGR.

I still vote Hype. Though, I do agree CGRs damage is far greater than Hypes, I think the utility is less. Those saying otherwise aren’t realizing how valuable that immense and constant power gain is. You can literally just keep spamming sp1. Great for stun immune (i soloed v2 adaptoid with him) . I also blitzed through the invade path in 7.1 since you just keep spamming specials. Has other uses as well like lifecycle since he gets to that sp3 so easily.