**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Wolverines regen has been nerfed

Just went through 2 full aq fights with a total of over 40 hits without wolverine getting a single regen. I have noticed his chance to regen has been decreasing for a while now but this is just ridiculous. I have heard others experiencing similar situations.

Is this "another bug" or is it a silent nerf working as intended. Thanks...

Comments

• WolfeWolfe Posts: 272 ★★
    Works fine for me. Mine is duped not sure about yours.
  • 080808080808 Posts: 7
    Yep duped
  • WolfeWolfe Posts: 272 ★★
    Maybe just bad luck? Mine's fine.
  • WolfGuyWolfGuy Posts: 92
    edited May 2017
    I've noticed a few different abilities seem to be markedly and significantly decreased in AQ and AW, bleeds and feels specifically. Weird how the place that heals and revives got harder to come by are the places with the most bugs.... that's how they get you.
    Post edited by Kabam Spice on
  • EdirEdir Posts: 2
    Gostaria de ter minha conta de volt
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    I haven't specifically noticed ability triggers happening less often in AQ and AW. And I haven't specifically seen a drop in effectiveness in Wolverine on heals or bleeds in any area of the game recently. If they have changed, the difference is not large enough for me to have noticed in normal gameplay.
  • NoobeeusNoobeeus Posts: 332 ★★
    Mine is R5 Sig 60, even when not duped the chance to get the small heal is 14% when attacked and on attack.

Statistically this should happen at least every 7-10 hits.

On top of this there is the 8% chance for the big heal (it doesn't say on attack or on hit).

I often in AQ go 40-50 hits without getting a heal.

Nerf? No. Diminishing returns? Maybe
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Noobeeus wrote: »
    On top of this there is the 8% chance for the big heal (it doesn't say on attack or on hit).

I don't think those are independent odds. Its a confusing ability, but based on my observations I believe that the way this works is there is an 8% chance to proc the second heal on every trigger of a heal. That's why it doesn't say on attack or hit; I think it is not on attack or hit but on heal proc itself. However you proc a heal, you have an 8% chance to trigger the additional heal, with the caveat that you can only proc that third heal once: it cannot stack.

I don't think Diminishing Returns can affect the heal chance, since it is a percentage to start off with. DR only affects flat stats and converts them into a percentage. I don't think the heal chance is a flat stat invisibly and we are just seeing the net percentage, because the ability to convert to percentage didn't exist in the game client until they added it. Furthermore, if the game client is in fact somehow converting an invisible flat stat into a percentage and displaying it to us, then it should work as well as that percentage implies, since it is the actual net percentage calculated by the game.

I've always been a little bit suspicious about the percentage itself, though. The trigger percentage has always seemed slightly lower to me. It hasn't gotten lower recently as far as I can tell, but I'm not sure it was ever exactly 14%. But only careful testing would prove it one way or the other and that would probably require I set up for video recording, which is a pain in the ass on iPhone.
  • 080808080808 Posts: 7
    Mines r5 and duped sig 40. He was one of my first r5 champs. It's just frustrating to see a champ that has consistently performed a certain not do that anymore.

I don't think diminishing returns would be a factor. The chance of regen is probability not effectiveness. The diminishing returns should only affect the consecutive effectiveness of abilities like SLs sig.
  • NoobeeusNoobeeus Posts: 332 ★★
    edited May 2017
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Noobeeus wrote: »

I don't think those are independent odds. Its a confusing ability, but based on my observations I believe that the way this works is there is an 8% chance to proc the second heal on every trigger of a heal. That's why it doesn't say on attack or hit; I think it is not on attack or hit but on heal proc itself. However you proc a heal, you have an 8% chance to trigger the additional heal, with the caveat that you can only proc that third heal once: it cannot stack.

I don't think Diminishing Returns can affect the heal chance, since it is a percentage to start off with. DR only affects flat stats and converts them into a percentage. I don't think the heal chance is a flat stat invisibly and we are just seeing the net percentage, because the ability to convert to percentage didn't exist in the game client until they added it. Furthermore, if the game client is in fact somehow converting an invisible flat stat into a percentage and displaying it to us, then it should work as well as that percentage implies, since it is the actual net percentage calculated by the game.

I've always been a little bit suspicious about the percentage itself, though. The trigger percentage has always seemed slightly lower to me. It hasn't gotten lower recently as far as I can tell, but I'm not sure it was ever exactly 14%. But only careful testing would prove it one way or the other and that would probably require I set up for video recording, which is a pain in the ass on iPhone.

I use him a lot and the proc of the big heal happens by itself a lot, sometimes they overlap, most of the time though its the small heal.

I agree I don't think it is lower than it states but a fight with 40-50 hits and no heals is a statistical anomaly. Having it happen on a regular basis indicates a pattern meaning the anomaly is not really an anomaly at all.

I record regularly on iPhone. I have a mac at home so it makes it a little easier. Just plug in the phone and record using Quicktime.
  • SuperChronaSuperChrona Posts: 296
    I see the difference too. Play several matches in AQ with a couple of regen and bleed. Goes into the arena and then a lot of bleed and regen. The bleed I can understand as is this challenger rating. I think all enemies on map 5 is 5* rank 5, so that means the challenger rating should effect the number of critical hits, but regen isn't noted as been based on landing a critical hit. So why this proc a lot less I don't understand.
  • chaos3430chaos3430 Posts: 126
    I notice this with all ability triggers in AQ and AQ, my X-23 hardly gets regens, and my Crossbones hardly gets furies, there are long moments where i don't have any furies, i have counted up to 40 hit combos with out a single fury. Same goes with regens. My SW has gone entire fights with 50 plus hits with maybe one cruelty and a single power lock and didn't nullify a single buff and she is R5 with SIG 99.
  • spumingtonspumington Posts: 350 ★★
    I haven't noticed a difference. I use a 5/50 sig 60 Wolverine in AQ.
  • SnakeEyes69SnakeEyes69 Posts: 223 ★★
    I've noticed a change in AQ only. I think all the champs play differently (worse) in AQ
  • Yeah I remember the days when his regen was god tier, now its pretty bad
  • Bring it back dammit!!