**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Jubilee and stryfe side event quest

Since my four years of playing the game, the jublilee side quest is the most stressful, annoying and boring side quest I've ever had to do. It's so unnecessarily over complicated and hard. It's a side quest, something ure sopposed to do at the side, it's sopposed to be relaxing, the main challenge is sopposed to be in the main quest, the nodes in the side quest makes no sense.

Comments

• Demonic_embraceDemonic_embrace Posts: 154 ★★
    Okay take the node on falcon for instance, the node that makes his special attacks unblockable, the node on him is just not fair, especially since it is impossible to dex his sp1, u just end up taking all that damage for no sensible reason. Even if u try no to bait his sp1 and hold block, he's still going to throw it. Lets no even get started on the aegis heavy node on rougue, who just ends up wrecking u anytime u try to stun her to get ur heavy in because of her 70 percent debuff reduction passive.
  • JessieSJessieS Posts: 1,391 ★★★★
    I am lucky enough to have Doom and Torch so this event is quite simple for me . With Doom you can easily wreck both Nightcrawler and Rogue and Torch with Nova does a pretty good job against Iceman
    It’s annoying how repetitive it is though
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★

Okay take the node on falcon for instance, the node that makes his special attacks unblockable, the node on him is just not fair, especially since it is impossible to dex his sp1, u just end up taking all that damage for no sensible reason. Even if u try no to bait his sp1 and hold block, he's still going to throw it. Lets no even get started on the aegis heavy node on rougue, who just ends up wrecking u anytime u try to stun her to get ur heavy in because of her 70 percent debuff reduction passive.

Have you tried domino trinity on the rogue. The extra second from massacre makes that fight pretty easy. You can also bait her heavy or special 1 with a champ that has reach on the heavy. Can't offer advice on falcon because I haven't tried that fight. Good luck and happy gaming.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    It's complicated, but if you think it's overly difficult you certainly don't deserve the rewards.
  • Rbk19Rbk19 Posts: 195 ★★
    Actually the nodes are not that hard but the way they designed the quest to get rewards are really frustrating. I have check YouTube or forum everytime to confirm I'm doing the quest right.
  • GardenerGardener Posts: 1,601 ★★★
    I have to agree i didnt really like the side quest alot
  • silentagsilentag Posts: 429 ★★★
    Not my favorite designed layout ever, but seriously, we’ve had info on how to run the side quest since right before it dropped and not to mention how many content creators have posted on strategy and best ways to get rewards. As with all side quests and content, it’s doable, just bring the right matchups.
  • MatanacosMatanacos Posts: 67
    Arcade is a very easy side quest. Kinda boring, actually. And too repetitive. I wish the defenders would rotate.

If you are really having this much trouble with it, it is because you are trying to play above your skill/progression level and want the rewards you don't deserve yet.
  • SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,992 ★★★★

Since my four years of playing the game, the jublilee side quest is the most stressful, annoying and boring side quest I've ever had to do. It's so unnecessarily over complicated and hard. It's a side quest, something ure sopposed to do at the side, it's sopposed to be relaxing, the main challenge is sopposed to be in the main quest, the nodes in the side quest makes no sense.

It’s really easy I do it with 2r5s and 3 r4s in legendary. I was just a dumbass and used all my tokens on the Spider-Man one. But I’m doing the other one now and I’m not mad anymore cuz I pulled a robot on crack with the 6* shards. I did miss the Ag tho🙁
  • SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,992 ★★★★

The nodes are fine. It's almost too easy compared to the rewards the side-quest has. It's just that you have to grind quite a bit for it.

Ya I haven’t used any items and I only have 2r5s. It’s actually kinda fun IMO destroying the unstoppable colossus with Hyperion. Plus the champs only have like 100000 health.
  • Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    Just an incredibly boring and confusing side quest, nothing more
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,978 ★★★★★
    This event isn't hard. The nodes are easily countered even the unblockable ones. Most of those you just need to dex the melee part and the projectile part is blockable.

I wanted to make a post about this as well but here's my gripe with it. It's repetitive and boring. I started liking these types of events less and less. This event has very good rewards but I don't feel like I'm actually earning these top rewards. I mean I'm literally just parry heavy with Domino Trinity just to get through the fights.

Yes I know I can use who ever and what ever for those fights but it's not about my attackers, it's the fact that for the top rewards we have to run the mutant quest 27 times. This is why it's boring. 27 times for the same exact fights so no matter who I bring, it's the same fighting style.

There isn't any thought process behind it. Same fights same solutions. This, in my opinion, stems from what happened to book 2. We are draining the fun challenges from this game. They are tuning content down so low, it just doesn't feel fun anymore.

I wish they would have put in something that changes these fights up with random nodes or champs. Or keep the nodes and randomize the defenders. One thing that would be cool is having a reroll for the defender like we have for M.O.D.O.K hotel side events. The Mutant class is huge in this game so there'd be plenty of choices.

Point is, bring back the fun and make it a challenge. I like fights where we have to think outside the box for a solution. Missed a huge opportunity for this side event.
  • ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    It is repetitive and the worst designed and explained event they have ever done. I mean you hurt your rewards output if you try the other variants (spiderverse & avengers). I mean is that what they intended? Players who want to try the other variants hurting their rewards? Also as someone who explains things and issues to people for a living I was stunned at how badly this was explained. I mean their events are normally badly explained and needlessly confusing but this was a new level. I was trained to write something so that a junior high school student of average intelligence could understand what you are trying to get across. That is good advice. Otherwise the difficulty of the event is appropriate. But they should really look into their event designs and explanations. If wasn't for the Seatin video I would not have understood it.
  • Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,722 ★★★★
    Complicated? Yes
    Hard? No, there has been harder ones.

Ghost can just solo the whole thing.
    https://youtu.be/GG8nVZ72jDY
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

Complicated? Yes
    Hard? No, there has been harder ones.

Ghost can just solo the whole thing.
    https://youtu.be/GG8nVZ72jDY

Literally any champ can solo the whole thing. I did a whole run with my R4 Spider-Gwen for fun yesterday, of course a R3 Ghost will destroy it.
  • Destroyer123Destroyer123 Posts: 368 ★★

Have you never done war? Aegis heavy rogue was such a common fight it’s simple now
  • Demonic_embraceDemonic_embrace Posts: 154 ★★
    I guess it depends on ur roster, but it still doesn't change the fact that the event is unnecessarily tasking and stressful
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,144 ★★★★★
    this person hasn't experienced Sinister Labs
  • LmaoLmao Posts: 842 ★★★
    edited January 2021

this person hasn't experienced Sinister Labs

Did you mean modok labs? Anyways this is a much better eq compared to some of the other ones in just last year. The worst ones last year were the herald of galactic and the modok lab ones. I grinded like 15 quest in one day and I wanted to delete the game. Compared to those, this eq is smooth sailing. If you really think this is the worst eq, then You have not played for very long