**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

For those of you who are Thronebreaker - would you take a bad champion up to Rank 3 to achieve it?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Xva23Xva23 Posts: 500 ★★★
    Definitely, I'm almost going to form 3 classes t5cc cause of the dailies
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,068 ★★★★★
    No
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    I'm going to have to disagree with people who feel it isn't worth it, on the basis of depending on what you want. If it's something you want to achieve, then by all means. If you're more selective, then wait. Personally I don't hinge my choices on indefinite optimal outcomes. My progress has always been based on making the most of what I have and then building on that. Better options will always come later, and these choices aren't one-for-all.
  • Options
    Bottom line is, it's only one Rank-Up. If I had to Rank a Groot to get to TB, and then Ranked whoever I wanted after that, I'd lose no sleep.
  • Options
    StaphMemberStaphMember Posts: 337 ★★★
    Seems like the daily thronebreaker crystals get you the resources to take others up more quickly than remaining at cavalier.
  • Options
    Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★

I'm going to have to disagree with people who feel it isn't worth it, on the basis of depending on what you want. If it's something you want to achieve, then by all means. If you're more selective, then wait. Personally I don't hinge my choices on indefinite optimal outcomes. My progress has always been based on making the most of what I have and then building on that. Better options will always come later, and these choices aren't one-for-all.

I think my line of thinking is the same , I saw your groot comment, so I don’t think I would go that far . Carnage , Angela , I wouldn’t be ecstatic but I would do it.
  • Options
    Champs I would rank for first time TB, if I was falling behind :

Cosmic : Angela , Carnage , VTD, Cull

Mutant : Gambit, Emma , OML

Science : Mr.F , hulk rag, red hulk, SG, immortal hulk.

Mystic : Strange , Hood, Mephisto

Skill: Ronin, massacre , Squirrel girl, NT, KM

Tech: Hulkbuster , doc oc , imiw, mysterio, nebula, sentinel , P99.

Not the best, but if I felt that I was losing a lot more opportunities to grow I would rank these champs, and watch a ton of how to videos and deal with it.
  • Options
    Osfan8Osfan8 Posts: 760 ★★★
    Texas_11 said:

Not the best, but if I felt that I was losing a lot more opportunities to grow I would rank these champs, and watch a ton of how to videos and deal with it.

Some of those are great champs. I have 7 r3s and unless the Kingpin or Mole man buffs are amazing NightTrasher will be my next r3. There are many on that list that may not be superstars but are definitely r3 worthy not just to become TB.
  • Options
    TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    edited January 2021
    Depends how bad the champ is. If it’s a bad champ who you enjoy playing, go for it. If it’s a bad champ you don’t like playing, wait a bit and then do it if you don’t pull a better champ just pull the trigger on an average one. I recommend ranking up Morningstar now. @OneManArmy Impart wisdom into this child
  • Options
    NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,912 ★★★★★
    I would not take a bad champion up just to become TB
  • Options
    TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    I'd do it. The daily crystals will put you ahead with more resources faster to grow your 6* r2 roster so that you're setup to progress 6* more than 5* and be ahead of the curve for that major shift before it happens. That alone is/was worth it o me.

There are only a handful of 5* at this point I'd r5 over a 6* R2. But, Before TB, I was still focusing mainly on 5*, just to save an extrq T5B and T2A. Now with the TB dailies offsetting that little extra difference for T5B and T2A, and the small amount of extra t5cc adding up over time (I only do map4 AQ and gold 3 tier6 war usually), there's no reason not to go for the 6*.

And... l'd bet dollars to doughnuts that any halfway decent t5cc deals will continue to only be available for existing TB for the foreseeable future, so I'm looking forward to being abl to take advantage of any that drop and aren't a total rip off.

Would I take up a pure garbage champ, like joe fixit, no, but I wouldn't feel bad taking up a havok, even if I pulled apocalypse right after. He'd just be the next one to focus on and the new materials would help make that happen several months sooner than would otherwise be possible without the TB dailies.
  • Options
    PandayPirataPandayPirata Posts: 23
    edited January 2021
    Yes, it’s worth it. The reward you get from thronebreaker daily is worth it.

You could wait a year and still not get the perfect champ to R3. Meanwhile, T5 class catalysts are becoming more and more available.

On my main account, my first T5 class is cosmic (from Abyss) and now have 60% T5 cosmic.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,547 ★★★★★

I’m not sure there’s currently that much available to TBs that isn’t available elsewhere.

That will change going forward—while the dailies would be a marked improvement for anyone who’s not brand new to the Cav daily crystal, a lot of the value of the TB daily is tied up in pRNG.

If you pull great things from it, then that R3 Groot feels good. If you pull a slew of T4B and T4C, not so much.

Not saying it’s trash or that people should wait (as I have). Just that a measured response is the right approach.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Bpn88855Bpn88855 Posts: 464 ★★
    Yep it worth it, with TB u will get much faster t5cc to get second. Mine r3 is undupped havok. As first r3 he is good but I use him very rare. So it would be the same if i r3 capww2. I have enough r2 beyond god champs for any content.
  • Options
    Osfan8 said:

Texas_11 said:

Some of those are great champs. I have 7 r3s and unless the Kingpin or Mole man buffs are amazing NightTrasher will be my next r3. There are many on that list that may not be superstars but are definitely r3 worthy not just to become TB.
    I know they are , which is why I said I would take them up. Morningstar gets some R3 rank ups. So that’s why she wasn’t mentioned . Night trasher requires an amazing amount of stones for a 6* which is just not possible so for some not an ideal rank up, especially when his synergies aren’t that great.
  • Options
    Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★
    I could have rank 3 squirrel girl for Black Friday but decided not to. I ranked doom last week for tb and glad I waited. I don’t feel I missed anything by waiting. Now I have nick I can rank 3 if I want and I don’t have a squirrel girl at rank 3 I won’t use.
  • Options
    DrZola said:

I’m not sure there’s currently that much available to TBs that isn’t available elsewhere.

That will change going forward—while the dailies would be a marked improvement for anyone who’s not brand new to the Cav daily crystal, a lot of the value of the TB daily is tied up in pRNG.

If you pull great things from it, then that R3 Groot feels good. If you pull a slew of T4B and T4C, not so much.

Not saying it’s trash or that people should wait (as I have). Just that a measured response is the right approach.

Dr. Zola
    The Login Crystals are one aspect. The Top Tier Offers are another. BF/CM, for example. It's clear the ceiling has risen.
  • Options

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola
    The Login Crystals are one aspect. The Top Tier Offers are another. BF/CM, for example. It's clear the ceiling has risen.
    Perhaps. But that’s a single offer, and it was not exactly a crowd pleaser for the sizable contingent that was ineligible, which makes me wonder if we will similar disparity in the near term.

If offers like that popped up everyday, I’d probably agree with you. I believe they will be reserved for significant events for the immediately foreseeable future.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 532 ★★★
    As a very recent Thronebreaker, one of the highlights of my MCOC day is seeing what pops out of the daily crystal. There is probably no other crystal in the game that has such frequent high value rewards other than this crystal.

With respect to players saying there is nothing that Thronebreakers get that other players can't, while this is true, it does alleviate the issue of scarcity on high level resources. The decent drop rates on T5B, T2A make the T5CC glory spend more palatable since you can spend less on those resources. Really the issue is still T1A.

Would I have taken an absolutely horrible champ to r3... probably not. But there are levels of "bad" in MCOC. 20/20 hindsight makes me believe that sitting on a T5CC to avoid ranking a bad champ would have been a mistake. TB is an investment that pays back over time.
  • Options
    zeezee57 said:

DrZola said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola
    Perhaps. But that’s a single offer, and it was not exactly a crowd pleaser for the sizable contingent that was ineligible, which makes me wonder if we will similar disparity in the near term.

If offers like that popped up everyday, I’d probably agree with you. I believe they will be reserved for significant events for the immediately foreseeable future.

Dr. Zola
    TB does get 25% t5cc a month that Cav doesn't between weekly glory store and the monthly calendar.
    Good point—if you can max out the glory, that’s meaningful. If I’m not mistaken, there’s also a little bump to the Sigil. So that’s in addition to the daily...still doubt I’d take a useless champ to R3 for it, but I suppose for others that’s dependent on how soon you think you could form another T5 to rank a better option.

Dr. Zola