**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Does immortal Hulk suck?

2»

Comments

• Options
    IceBroIceBro Posts: 179 ★★
    Crcrcrc said:

@Crcrcrc Don't get me wrong, I think he's the most Hulk thing in this game, and feels great to play but the speed of that enrage timer just makes it so unrealistic to have a consistent experience. Unless the opponent is super, super aggressive and I mean cannot hold block for a second, there gone, and if you don't hit that stun on the sp1, there gone or the opponents probably gonna sp3 you.

I like him, but unfortunately those enrage timers I think in the long run are gonna be a deal breaker for this character. I'd like it if the Immortality cooldown was shorter obviously but the enrage timer I think is the real pitfall.

I have managed to hit 25 rage stacks pretty easily in a lot of content. I can’t try him in Act 6 yet because he’s only a 4* but it really isn’t too bad. Even if the opponent isn’t super aggressive, you can backdraft and intercept to keep them up.
    Also don't forget you can use a special attack to reset your rage timer. Just dash back and pop it and you can have them refreshed and it should bait out the opponent.
  • Options
    IceBroIceBro Posts: 179 ★★
    Mike192 said:

Crcrcrc said:

Coming from someone who thought he was terrible back when I read the spotlight - No, he does not suck

I've never used suicides because I dislike losing health to recoil, so I thought iHulk was a terribly designed champ - until I pulled him as a 6* and tried him. Now he's R2 and I can't wait to take him to R3 (eventually)

He's a weird champ for sure, and has plenty of flaws, but once I figured out a way of playing him he has massive damage and amazing survivability, while being incredibly fluid and fun. He doesn't have a ton of utility, but played the right way he can live forever while doing crazy damage, while also saving you from your own mistakes (and the fun and interactive damage). Used him plenty exploring Book 2 Chapter 1 and love using him in content whenever I can, flaws and all he's still incredibly fun, which is something I can't always say of the game lol

See? This right here is what I have been trying to tell people. iHulk needs to be learned and is actually incredible when used right
    Even then he is impractical for lots of nodes and general questing. Too many fights he cant do. The ones that he can arent necessarily hard. Basically he is just a fun to use champion with a right rotation/skill involved
    Thing is probably more impractical than IHulk but people still don't see a problem with him these days. Nobody is going to run a synergy team of average champions in endgame content to get good damage when others have easier ways to access that damage.
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    He's not the best but also not the worst. I wouldn't say he is the worst. Basically a fun champ who can have some niche uses I guess in certain areas of the game.
  • Options
    Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    I would say he is a fun champ who is mid tier at best. No he does not suck but he doesn't live up to the name of hulk. But wait the last time hulk lived up to his name was 2017 so I shouldn't complain.
  • Options
    TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    Doesn't suck. Just impractical.

When he has node combinations that benefit his playstyle (a huge chunk of Book 2 Chapter 1), he's right up there with the best of the champs. When the node combinations are not in his favor (a vast majority of Act 6), then he's extremely stressful and not very rewarding.

He definitely could use 1-2 minor tweaks and they should review the ending of his victory animation. I've been stuck on an infinite loading screen after a victory with iHulk a few times and his victory animation ending is unclean as Hell. You can clearly see where the animation stops and restarts....maybe that's just the effect they wanted but iHulk's victory animation has the least smooth ending I've seen.
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,805 ★★★★★

Doesn't suck. Just impractical.

When he has node combinations that benefit his playstyle (a huge chunk of Book 2 Chapter 1), he's right up there with the best of the champs. When the node combinations are not in his favor (a vast majority of Act 6), then he's extremely stressful and not very rewarding.

He definitely could use 1-2 minor tweaks and they should review the ending of his victory animation. I've been stuck on an infinite loading screen after a victory with iHulk a few times and his victory animation ending is unclean as Hell. You can clearly see where the animation stops and restarts....maybe that's just the effect they wanted but iHulk's victory animation has the least smooth ending I've seen.

it’s very... hulky
  • Options
    MostWantedMostWanted Posts: 351 ★★
    Mike192 said:

Mike192 said:

Yeh ...
    Ebony Maw is far better than him

never knew ebony maw can match ghosts damage output lol
    Mike192 said:

Yeh ...
    Ebony Maw is far better than him

never knew ebony maw can match ghosts damage output lol
    Damage isn't everything. But he is more reliable than her, for sure.
    Fights just take longer, but as long as it is timed there will be nothing to worry about
    lol so you rather stay in a fight for 4mins instead of 1min and have higher chance for error? Yes, damage isnt everything but damage isnt nothing. You need good damage which maw lacks a ton. Would love to see this 'reliability' u talk about tho
    Immortal Hulk is much more error prone than other champions, since he fights for the most of the time with 1 HP. He is too unbalanced.
    I hope that Kabam changes 2 things to allow him being a Solid Champion:
    1. Immortality timer reduced to 30
    2. Rage Timer increased of 1s
    Maybe it will make him OP? I don't know, what do you think?
  • Options
    BadPullsMarcoBadPullsMarco Posts: 418 ★★★
    Wow, glad too see at least there's some genuine passion behind him. For those who like him, do you guys have a suggested rotation/tips?
  • Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★

Wow, glad too see at least there's some genuine passion behind him. For those who like him, do you guys have a suggested rotation/tips?

I prefer MLLLM/MM and spamming sp1. That or sp2, then MM, MLLLM. He doesn’t really have a rotation, you just want to keep the rage stacks up.
  • Options
    Warlord5386Warlord5386 Posts: 245 ★★
    @Crcrcrc I saw the potential in iHulk but always thought he was impractical. With a few tweaks he may be amazing. Can you state how viable he's in act content?
  • Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★

@Crcrcrc I saw the potential in iHulk but always thought he was impractical. With a few tweaks he may be amazing. Can you state how viable he's in act content?

I only have a 4* right now, so I can't try anything in act 6. But he can consistently do fights in most of Act 5 from what I've tested. As long as I keep the gamma charges up and don't make mistakes, he works great for paths. I haven't tried him on any major bosses yet though.
  • Options
    Warlord5386Warlord5386 Posts: 245 ★★
    Crcrcrc said:

I only have a 4* right now, so I can't try anything in act 6. But he can consistently do fights in most of Act 5 from what I've tested. As long as I keep the gamma charges up and don't make mistakes, he works great for paths. I haven't tried him on any major bosses yet though.
    That seems positive . I always liked his animations and maybe I would give him a go if I can get my hands on him as a 6*.