**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Mysterio lovers and haters needed

SbkruebSbkrueb Posts: 485 ★★★
edited January 2021 in General Discussion

So I have been playing around with this guy and am really impressed so far.

My big question is, why isn't he held in higher regard as a great champ? I am not finding a ton of drawbacks and I see a bit of unique utility and good to great damage.

Thoughts either way?
Is he underrated or just meh?

Comments

• SbkruebSbkrueb Posts: 485 ★★★
    edited January 2021
    With 3 gasses his poison hits for about 35k after an sp3.... at R1
  • Rbk19Rbk19 Posts: 195 ★★
    The problem with Mysterio is all his utilities are depend on the gas charge and you can use anyone at the time and you have to sacrifice damage for utilities.
  • FR33_HUG5FR33_HUG5 Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    edited January 2021
    Mysterious requires a bit of build up to be effective. Whereas Quake, AA, Hype and the rest of the god tiers require little to no prep work.

That’s not to say he is worse than useless garbage; Mysterio is a champion that needs patience. Something most players don’t have when grinding in lol or reaching uncollected/caviler/throne breaker.
  • Iron_SkywalkerIron_Skywalker Posts: 125
    He’s great! Get him to the 3 gases, fire an L3, get another 3 gassed and heavy... let the poison do the work lol
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    edited January 2021
    FR33_HUG5 said:

Mysterious requires a bit of build up to be effective. Whereas Quake, AA, Hype and the rest of the god tiers require little to no prep work.

That’s not to say he is worse than useless garbage; Mysterio is a champion that needs patience. Something most players don’t have when grinding in lol or reaching uncollected/caviler/throne breaker.

it’s literally throw off an l3, heavy when 3 gases, watch health bar shrink. Not a lot of patience. That being said, the last sentence is entirely too true.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    As my most used 6*, I do agree with others that he does have to choose damage or utility when other champs can have both, but I just really enjoy playing him. My biggest gripe is the lack of a power gain mechanic, but he is a very solid champ for a lot of things.

Somewhat unrelated story that I don’t have anywhere else to share:

I was getting into V6 exploration and went against the Annihilus that gives you a poison every x seconds and I realized I couldn’t let him touch me to keep my immunity up (because of the armor breaks that disable poison immune). Somehow I soloed him and learnt how to fight Annihilus without taking blocked hits so yay me I guess.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Mysterio is great. I enjoy everything about him, even the debate of what utilities I will use of his. Then end up on the sp3 -> poison haha
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    He can be quite fun when you’re at 70% life, throw a sp1, take an sp to the face and end the fight with full life.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    He's underrated. Really useful utilities. His Immunity to AAR had been vital for me in a few fights - particularly Vs Magneto, and when they give Gwenpool a combo shield/gain combo over time node set-up; like in the last Boss Rush.
  • Campo4Campo4 Posts: 141
    Of all the content creators that make tier lists, I've noticed over time KT1 and Vega have started to give him some attention and move him up. I think they are right, he is just a tier below G2099 and Warlock in my opinion. Very, very good tech champ. Definitely worth ranking depending on your roster and other options.