**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Throne breaker without abyss or 100% act 6

ColleenColleen Posts: 173
edited January 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Earlier this month I’ve officially gathered enough t5 CC to become TB. The only thing I’m waiting for is to see if I should use it on VTD or if Terrax’s buff will make me want to have him become my 1st r3 6 star. I did all of this without 100% act 6 or even abyss. But with the release of act 7 and the abyss still to be explored is it worth going back into act 6? I feel as if I have the roster but I have other things to better spend my units on. Here is my roster currently. Is act 6 easier than people make it out to be?

Post edited by Kabam Ahab on

Comments

• SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    I’d say that you should do it eventually. Right now there isn’t a lot of new content so if your waiting on a champ for abyss I’d start Act 6.

What else would you spend your energy on?
  • Pdogg614Pdogg614 Posts: 78
    Unless terrax is amazing def don’t hesitate on vtd. He’s amazing, I feel like getting TB is important, waiting for the perfect champ you would be waiting on something that may never come. A fellow alliance member ranked a unduped proxima just for it and didn’t hesitate. Those daily tb crystals provide so much value that it’s worth doing.

Vtd is great, and he’s duped which is nice. He’s valuable in a lot of content my r5 is great so I could only imagine a r3. Terrax would have to be pretty good unduped to chose over vtd imo. But it’s close enough to wait and see then pull the trigger and don’t look back.
  • ColleenColleen Posts: 173
    @Yodabolt21i almost never use arkus, his damage isn’t the best and the reason I’m waiting is cause is terrax buff/tune up is with the likes of red mags imma be disappointed that I didn’t wait. His tune up comes out in February so I don’t have to wait much longer
  • MaxLeeMaxLee Posts: 205 ★★
    Don't waste your units on Act 6 100% unless you have cleared all content and as you said you are still to complete Abyss and then 100% explore Abyss...I'd say go for Abyss 100% exploration first..you have a great roster with all Abyss horsemen + warlock, CG & Stealth Spidy for annoying fights like Havok, Green Goblin & Luke cage.

I myself have not done Act 6 100% and it does not motivate me at all.. as one might spend similar units to 100% Act 6 vs 100% Abyss, and the rewards for Abyss are far better than Act 6 100%.

As for the first R3 champ, I'd say you can wait for a better cosmic champ or even go for cosmic Abyss 6* champ selector after 100% exploring or go for Terrax if his buff is really insane. VTD is good but not exactly a champ to be used a lot in end contents.
  • WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,324 ★★★★
    100% Abyss should be way more expensive for sure or you are failing hard in Act 6. Just start with the easier stuff like 6.1 (Cavalier Chapter).

Having T5CC without Abyss or Act 6 Completion is lucky anyway and not Kabam‘s targeted Thronebreaker audience.
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,264 ★★★★★
    WOLF_LINK said:

Having T5CC without Abyss or Act 6 Completion is lucky anyway and not Kabam‘s targeted Thronebreaker audience.

It's not lucky, shards are available so if you have the patience, TB is reachable. I'm TB without touching abyss and not 100% act 6. I did 100% 7.1 which filled out my mutant t5cc. I'm also 450 tech shards away from r3ing my warlock. I have no interest in abyss, and at this moment no interest to go back to act 6. Maybe in time it will change, but as of now, no interest. Everyone plays at their own pace.
  • Hoodie25Hoodie25 Posts: 312 ★★★
    The vast majority of act 6 exploration is very doable, especially with recent advantages like magneto’s buff. With that said, 6.2.5 and 6.2.6 are still extremely difficult. As long as you can grind your way through both of those, you shouldn’t have too much trouble with the rest of act 6 exploration...although I’m not seeing quake on that roster, which would make life much harder
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,014 ★★★★★
    edited January 2021
    Colleen said:

@Yodabolt21i almost never use arkus, his damage isn’t the best and the reason I’m waiting is cause is terrax buff/tune up is with the likes of red mags imma be disappointed that I didn’t wait. His tune up comes out in February so I don’t have to wait much longer

Terrax is not getting a Magneto style rework, he’s getting a P2099 numbers tune up. This means that his base kit is not changing. He’ll have all the same mechanics, they should just work better.

That being said, there is a lot of cool potential in his base kit and I’m also waiting to see what it looks like because I have mine awakened and I took him to r2 a few months ago for defense. Fingers crossed he lives up to his original hype and earns an r3.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    edited January 2021
    Zan0 said:

Zan0 said:

WOLF_LINK said:

It's not lucky, shards are available so if you have the patience, TB is reachable. I'm TB without touching abyss and not 100% act 6. I did 100% 7.1 which filled out my mutant t5cc. I'm also 450 tech shards away from r3ing my warlock. I have no interest in abyss, and at this moment no interest to go back to act 6. Maybe in time it will change, but as of now, no interest. Everyone plays at their own pace.
    He's not saying it wasn't earned, but there's luck involved in getting the right fragments to drop.
    Not really. Since you can select 25% from completing act 6 and another 25% from 100% act 7.1 and 15% for completing 7.1 and picking up the exploration offer for 3500 units
    So you don't acknowledge any RNG involved in forming t5cc? Go find somewhere else to argue just to argue.
    Getting your first t5cc now is not very random. You can do v5 or v6 that are both not hard. Then select 65% of the same t5cc as you got from it and you'll be at 90% of a single t5cc. Getting your next one is totally rng dependent since you won't have selectors. Not trying to argue. Just saying this is what I did for thronebreaker
    Just saying but I’ve done all of that (aside from buy the 15% selector offer from 7.1) and still the closest I’m at is 75-80%.
    Granted, had I been able to open the selector AFTER the random 25% crystal from 7.1 exploration I could’ve been Thronebreaker.
    So there is still rng when it comes to getting Thronebreaker that way.
    The only upside is that 3 classes are at 70%+ and the other 3 are at 50%+.
    Yes I picked the same class each time with all the selectors I’ve had.
  • WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,324 ★★★★
    Zan0 said:

Zan0 said:

WOLF_LINK said:

He's not saying it wasn't earned, but there's luck involved in getting the right fragments to drop.
    Not really. Since you can select 25% from completing act 6 and another 25% from 100% act 7.1 and 15% for completing 7.1 and picking up the exploration offer for 3500 units
    So you don't acknowledge any RNG involved in forming t5cc? Go find somewhere else to argue just to argue.
    Getting your first t5cc now is not very random. You can do v5 or v6 that are both not hard. Then select 65% of the same t5cc as you got from it and you'll be at 90% of a single t5cc. Getting your next one is totally rng dependent since you won't have selectors. Not trying to argue. Just saying this is what I did for thronebreaker
    And I just said the players Kabam mentioned as Thronebreaker target group are the ones having Act 6 done and doing Abyss asleep. Something like that was written in their official announcement.

So he‘s lucky to achieve it way sooner than intended (from Kabam!). But congratulations of course!