**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Who else got invited to book 2 act1 chapter 2 beta?

13»

Comments

• Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

To be fair, I wouldn't want to be part of the Beta. Why do the job that I've done for nearly a decade and get paid for, for free for another company?

You can partially thank beta feedback for Kabam going back to the drawing board when they first tested Act 7
    You completely missed the point of my post.

I get paid to test games. Why would I want to test a game that I play in my free time for free? I'm glad that others are doing it, but I like getting paid when I do my job.
    you missed my point. it's to influence the direction of the game. not everything's about money lol.
    Sure. What I AM saying, is that I WOULDN'T want to do what is my job, FOR ANOTHER company, as it's not in my vested interests to do so.

I enjoy testing and giving feedback.

I enjoy playing games, bugs and all, in my free time where I don't have to give feedback and actively look for issues.

I'm also not saying that Kabam should pay the Beta Testers. I'm saying that I wouldn't want to do what amounts to "charity work" for something I already do as actual work.

However if Kabam wants to hire me to be part of their QA Team, they're free to send me a message here 😉
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

To be fair, I wouldn't want to be part of the Beta. Why do the job that I've done for nearly a decade and get paid for, for free for another company?

You can partially thank beta feedback for Kabam going back to the drawing board when they first tested Act 7
    You completely missed the point of my post.

I get paid to test games. Why would I want to test a game that I play in my free time for free? I'm glad that others are doing it, but I like getting paid when I do my job.
    you missed my point. it's to influence the direction of the game. not everything's about money lol.
    Sure. What I AM saying, is that I WOULDN'T want to do what is my job, FOR ANOTHER company, as it's not in my vested interests to do so.

I enjoy testing and giving feedback.

I enjoy playing games, bugs and all, in my free time where I don't have to give feedback and actively look for issues.

I'm also not saying that Kabam should pay the Beta Testers. I'm saying that I wouldn't want to do what amounts to "charity work" for something I already do as actual work.

However if Kabam wants to hire me to be part of their QA Team, they're free to send me a message here 😉
    I suppose that's reasonable. When I worked for The Shopping Channel, I didn't want to answer any phones when I got home. Lol.
  • Options
    ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    Gamer said:

I’m don’t think it random at this point I’m see a lot of the same get in multiple time

I think you're right. I've gotten into the Act 7 (The crazy one before they changed it after backlash), Book 2.1, and now the Book 2.2 beta. It seems like they're looking for some specific things from people's accounts, but who knows..
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,193 ★★★★★
    A_NAZ said:

Gamer said:

Gamer said:

I’m don’t think it random at this point I’m see a lot of the same get in multiple time

Random doesn't always mean people won't get asked twice. Not if they meet the requirements they're looking for. Sometimes people confuse random with even distribution.
    I’m pretty already know but we many getting it more that 2 time said 5 time in a row. It a lot randomizes. Personally I’m don’t care since my English is poor so wil Hav a hard time to Giv feedback. So no dubt it randomly. And I’m take most of the CCP out since there probably wil Hav it to.
    Don’t write yourself out because of your English. Maybe someone over at kabam has up-skilled in Jaklish during their free time?
    In to now haven’t ben in any constes aside from the AW thing with was a bit of a flap
    ẞlооd said:

Gamer said:

I think you're right. I've gotten into the Act 7 (The crazy one before they changed it after backlash), Book 2.1, and now the Book 2.2 beta. It seems like they're looking for some specific things from people's accounts, but who knows..
    Nah it is random just somtimes it doesn’t felt that’s way I’m done everything in the game yet to get one. But again I’m don’t mind not being one it.
  • Options
    Skillful_starSkillful_star Posts: 756 ★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

As usual, nope, not a single beta ever

Same...
  • Options
    Skillful_starSkillful_star Posts: 756 ★★★
    I honestly don't get it,why not just create a beta for everyone which isn't for any new content but rather just for people to test things,have fun...etc like just a 1 week special beta as a kind of freebie for the community as a lot of people want to experience it,but a lot don't ever get the chance to? It seems like it would really be a good thing to do for the community...
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★

I didn’t, which is weird since I almost always get invited to these

I didn't either and i've been in most of them as well.
  • Options

I honestly don't get it,why not just create a beta for everyone which isn't for any new content but rather just for people to test things,have fun...etc like just a 1 week special beta as a kind of freebie for the community as a lot of people want to experience it,but a lot don't ever get the chance to? It seems like it would really be a good thing to do for the community...

Well, the purpose of a Beta is to gather feedback and data. The type of Beta and information required can vary, but there's always some kind of objective to it. I believe what you're suggesting is a Simulation Mode, and that's been suggested a number of times.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Great to see a beta for new content filled with people that haven't even done the content currently in the game already
  • Options
    ExHavokExHavok Posts: 519 ★★★
    Explored everything besides Abyss. Nevet get invited to anything, such a waste.
  • Options

Great to see a beta for new content filled with people that haven't even done the content currently in the game already

It's not prudent to have only those who have finished everything. It's ideal to have a range of feedback because the content is for everyone coming up as well. While I don't think it would be sensible to have people in Act 2 doing it, only taking in the feedback of people finished everything leads to the same issues Act 6 and OG 7 did.
  • Options
    BlackTuranBlackTuran Posts: 642 ★★★
    ItsDamien said:

There’s a difference between professional testing and testing from customers to get feedback to see if the customers will like it
  • Options
    Omdahld_8Omdahld_8 Posts: 6
    I got into the Book 2 Act 1 Chapter 2 BETA. This is the first time I’ve ever gotten into one of these so I’ll see how this goes.
  • Options
    hermherm Posts: 415 ★★
    GMAX77 said:

So outside of the opportunity to preview content, are there any benefits to the beta? I noticed that we one can not keep any rewards gained, nor are there any additional rewards given for participating. It's a pretty cool opportunity, but just wondering if there are any motivators for spending time in the beta opposed to regular content.

It provides you with valuable knowledge about the game. It's probably only worth it if you're obsessed with the game. If you're on the forums I'd assume that much is true.
  • Options
    hermherm Posts: 415 ★★

It'd be kinda wasted on newbs. It'd make more sense to have a beta week for everyone cav and above
  • Options
    bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,148 ★★★
    I have which would make it my 4th beta invite, but I have actually only participated in one.
  • Options
    Denzel116Denzel116 Posts: 537 ★★★
    I’m not saying I did...but if I did, I wouldn’t say that I did.

(Ok I’m joking. I did)
  • Options
    Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Nope.
    But hey, atleast the person in my alliance that uses 5+ revives on uncollected EQ with maxed 5*s got an invite... (yes they are cavalier). you’ll get 10/10 feedback from them kabam.
  • Options
    ElwindElwind Posts: 364 ★★★
    İs this means chapter 2 coming in march ?
  • Options
    Mother_FlerkenMother_Flerken Posts: 508 ★★★

Nope.
    But hey, atleast the person in my alliance that uses 5+ revives on uncollected EQ with maxed 5*s got an invite... (yes they are cavalier). you’ll get 10/10 feedback from them kabam.

Possible that they want feedback from low end (skill/progression) cav players as well 🤷‍♂️.... maybe the lack of rational thinking on your side is why you weren't invited 😉
  • Options
    Ceo_WakefordCeo_Wakeford Posts: 115
    Doesnt need a beta,if they release book 2 ch-2 very quickly ill be happy enough))
  • Options
    Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    edited January 2021
    Mattyy said:

Nope.

Possible that they want feedback from low end (skill/progression) cav players as well 🤷‍♂️.... maybe the lack of rational thinking on your side is why you weren't invited 😉
    If thinking you should’ve atleast finished 7.1 to be invited means I lack rational thinking... then yes I guess I do.

The invites are random, they didn’t know this person has to revive 5 times on a single path of UCEQ, but I can say for certain they’ll get no valuable feedback from someone that won’t get through a couple fights on the easiest path.
    Just as they got no valuable feedback from me when I was invited to the AW beta a while back, because I don’t bother playing at higher tiers so I couldn’t say whether the changes were better or not.
  • Options
    LewisTheLlamaLewisTheLlama Posts: 301 ★★★
    Nope, never do. Even though I 100% Act 7 Chapter 1 over 3 days 😭
  • Options
    Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Me neither. My luck in this game has always been on the bad side.