**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Yellow Jacket Buff- DISAPPOINTING/HUGE MISS

Of the new buffed champs (that we had to wait over a month for into the new year), Yellowjacket was one of my, and as it would seem, the community’s most anticipated buffs. With this update, it’s clear that this "new" version of YJ is a complete and utter disaster.

His kit makes him a very niche option for the majority of content in the game, the nerf to his power sting damage is confusing to say the least, and his damage output... words cannot describe how disappointing this area play is for him. The amount of hits this champion, at 5* rank 3-5, takes to clear content in act 5 vs. certain 3* and 4* is sooo underwhelming and tedious.

Upon that, this champion is supposed to use Pym Particles, such as Ant-Man and Wasp, and yet, his animations have remained the same since his release, with the only shrinking being during his S3. This champion, unlike other shrinking champs, has no similar or useful mechanics like Evade, Glancing, Shock, etc.

I think it’s fair to say, this character needs to be taken back to the drawing board and given some love. Fix the numbers, make him a MODERN champion in this new age of the Contest in terms of animations, playability, and mechanics, and TAKE TIME to fine tune him so he can actually be considered a "buffed" champion. (This is all meant to be constructive criticism)

Comments

• KillerOfSaintsKillerOfSaints Posts: 6
    edited February 2021
    @magnus_xix Just for discussion, what are your opinions on the buff then?
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★

@Colonaut123 That’s a fair point. I’ve been play testing the 5* and 6* versions of him on my accounts since release this morning, but so far, the best description of the buff is underwhelming, in my opinion.

I've seen people praising the buff. I don't know yet, I only have a R1 5* and way not enough t1a to rank-up everything I want.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    edited February 2021
    what sig level is yours
  • When do the buffs go live? Mine havent updated yet
  • MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    Definitely better than before and as we play more with him we can see he isnt bad and he could be good. I have him and after playing him so far I give a 8/10 as it is definitely good and beneficial and helps him catch up for now.

All I'm saying is it is good and definitely satisfying to play and could be useful now.
    And to anyone who disagrees lets at least agree that its better than the DDHK buff
  • SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,975 ★★★★
    idec if he's bad at least he's usable plus kabam cant always make super op buffs
  • bruhmomento69bruhmomento69 Posts: 157

When do the buffs go live? Mine havent updated yet

Did you update the game yet?
  • JokepoolJokepool Posts: 401
    I have a 6* terrax and a 6* yellow jacket and was really hoping for this buff. A huge miss to both.
    They ware my best pools in the last 2 months (imagine the rest)
    This was really soul crashing
    After 3 months with horrible luck im really considering deleting the game after 5 years of game play
  • Fear_of_Clowns2099Fear_of_Clowns2099 Posts: 892 ★★★
    @Jokepool I wouldn't quit man, just keep trying. Also terrax is pretty good now with those heavy attack numbers.
    I have been watching videos and playing the buff champions and is just not enough
    What you get in heavy attack 20k after all that rank up?
    And yellow jacket is basically the same.
    Just have meme heal reversal that loads of better champions can also do
    Jokepool said:

I have been watching videos and playing the buff champions and is just not enough
    What you get in heavy attack 20k after all that rank up?
    And yellow jacket is basically the same.
    Just have meme heal reversal that loads of better champions can also do

that heal reversal is great what are you playing at

@Jokepool I wouldn't quit man, just keep trying. Also terrax is pretty good now with those heavy attack numbers.

After so may crystal and money spend in the game I was completely crushed with the pools.
    After 5 years of playing and being thronebreaker i probably just stop for a few months, because I just have no motivation to do content if the pools are most probably going to be garbage. 3 months of garbage is just to much
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    Jokepool said:

After so may crystal and money spend in the game I was completely crushed with the pools.
    After 5 years of playing and being thronebreaker i probably just stop for a few months, because I just have no motivation to do content if the pools are most probably going to be garbage. 3 months of garbage is just to much
    Define "garbage".
  • Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    Someone in my ally is going to take him to r3 once he gets enough t2a, so there's at least one person who likes the buff.
    Last 3 months 6*,vison (age of ultron),og cap america,dupe storm,terrax. Only good one was a dup on cull,but with that weak block is unplayable.
    Is just frustrated wen you want to play some different thing and have to keep playing the same characters
    Jokepool said:

Last 3 months 6*,vison (age of ultron),og cap america,dupe storm,terrax. Only good one was a dup on cull,but with that weak block is unplayable.
    Is just frustrated wen you want to play some different thing and have to keep playing the same characters

...I want AOU Vision. Great power control. Terrax is good with his buff now, Storm is good with Apocalypse, and OG Cap has to be on the shortlist for a buff

Jokepool said:

...I want AOU Vision. Great power control. Terrax is good with his buff now, Storm is good with Apocalypse, and OG Cap has to be on the shortlist for a buff
    The problem is the damage. AOU vison is a great powercontrole champ,but those numbers are just horrible. He makes act 6 or 7 enemies look like lol health pools.

Jokepool said:

Try to go to apocalypse today. Got another dup on cross bones
    I was really hoping for a good buff, especially on yellow jacket that had so much potential with the power stings
    Probably im just burn out with all the bad luck. Have to make a break from the game for a few months
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    Jokepool said:

Jokepool said:

Try to go to apocalypse today. Got another dup on cross bones
    I was really hoping for a good buff, especially on yellow jacket that had so much potential with the power stings
    Probably im just burn out with all the bad luck. Have to make a break from the game for a few months
    That's valid. Taking a break does help. However, to go as far as calling YJ's buff a "huge miss" just isn't it. He is so much better now after his buff and has so much more utility.
  • gage201205gage201205 Posts: 568 ★★★

Of the new buffed champs (that we had to wait over a month for into the new year), Yellowjacket was one of my, and as it would seem, the community’s most anticipated buffs. With this update, it’s clear that this "new" version of YJ is a complete and utter disaster.

His kit makes him a very niche option for the majority of content in the game, the nerf to his power sting damage is confusing to say the least, and his damage output... words cannot describe how disappointing this area play is for him. The amount of hits this champion, at 5* rank 3-5, takes to clear content in act 5 vs. certain 3* and 4* is sooo underwhelming and tedious.

Upon that, this champion is supposed to use Pym Particles, such as Ant-Man and Wasp, and yet, his animations have remained the same since his release, with the only shrinking being during his S3. This champion, unlike other shrinking champs, has no similar or useful mechanics like Evade, Glancing, Shock, etc.

I think it’s fair to say, this character needs to be taken back to the drawing board and given some love. Fix the numbers, make him a MODERN champion in this new age of the Contest in terms of animations, playability, and mechanics, and TAKE TIME to fine tune him so he can actually be considered a "buffed" champion. (This is all meant to be constructive criticism)

So where does it say in dev diaries or come out of Kabams mouth, "every champion we give a update will be god tier"???

Nowhere that's the answer, these were all moderate updates his was an exception and was more utility than damage. The community is so ungrateful
  • @gage201205 You're absolutely right about that. I never said though, that the buff needed to make him God Tier, which is opinionative anyways. I do, however, believe that buffing the champion would mean making him applicable for the majority of content, like most solid new releases characters are. He has a very niche area where he shines: Heal Reversal. Other than that, the man hits like the absolute wettest noodle, and his utility can't compete with higher/endgame content.
  • I'm not saying YJ needs to be the next Ægon, or the next CGR. I'm saying that if they're gonna buff someone, in order to make them relevant, and useable for a majority of content, in multiple areas of the game, then buff the man. He plays and feels extremely similar to how he did before hand. Take Spider Gwen. She's not "Beyond God Tier", by most people's standards, but her buff changed her playstyle, her actual moves, her abilities, her mechanics etc.
  • Ksp_2099Ksp_2099 Posts: 735 ★★★
    I believe that all these January buffs are successful.
    Not all buff meant for Collosus or Magneto level.
    They gave Yellowjacket a good amount of utility.
    Damage is not that bad as I notice only 2k-3k difference only, with Hulk Buster synergy.
    And also if you play him right you can get a good damage.
    I got 25k+ damage with r1 6* Unduped with Hulk Buster synergy.
    Just stack 6 power sting and time it around nuclear meltdown phase and boom sweet power sting damage.
    Only thing I felt that he should have taunt debuff as some opponents don't throw specials easily.
    Other than that, he looks far better than before.