**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Blade, Starky, and GR are outdated champs in need of updates that are below top 15 in their class.

Comments

• Shock29Shock29 Posts: 541 ★★★
    Stark Spidy Kit:
    Nice Power Drain

Taunt mechanic that can be refreshed without even hitting the opponent and is longer against #Villain Champions

High crit rate and high damage

Great shock damage boosted against #Robot Champions

Evade counter and can lower ability accuracy

Good range for heavy

Guaranteed stun off Sp 1

Assisted evade which is very helpful

And the cherry on top is that he could be getting a 6 star version soon that could really explore the full damage capability of Stark Spidy

Stark Spidy is not lower than top 15, does not need a buff, and in my opinion is still a top 10 tech champion.

And you would rank up Nebula and Psycho-Man over him?
  • odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,379 ★★★★★
    Connect said:

Glazil said:

Before you flood my first thread with disagrees... allow me to explain my highly controversial but somewhat intriguing view. So the Holy Trinity themselves. I'm going for the Big Game here. In 2017, these three were used in so many teams out there to clear the final quests of act 5 and the mystic wars it wasn't even funny. The Blade hype was an unexplainable, but truly joyous event where everyone came together to save their hard-earned 5* shards to pull these champions. Man those were good times.

Fast forward to the year 2021. Everyone has much different demands now. Blade is sitting in their rosters, collecting dust... along with their Ghost Riders and Stark Enhanced Spidermans. Ever wondered why? Well let me explain. With the changing times, it became clear what Kabam wanted to focus their shift on: Champions with their own bundles of utility or damage and kits unique to them in some way. While these three may have kits unique to them, their utilities definitely have not held up. Let me break down each one of their flaws...

Stark-Enhanced Spiderman:
    This guy has some really nice damage even to this day, with one of the highest possible crit rates in the game still. He has a pretty fast and practical ramp up and additionally has some other tricks up his sleeve such as a decent taunt mechanic and a power drain on the heavy attack with a long cooldown. Starky also can evade special attacks with a 63% chance. While all of this is nice and all, that's really where it ends. Stark suffers from a severe lack of actual utility other than him evading specials and "power control" He just needs more... and since he does have a vast amount of features in his suit during the movie, he could honestly use some of those or something inspired by those. And let's not bother with the ensnare from the sp3 because that's just a joke in itself. Seeing as to how they made Stealthy with his different webbing types, I'd like to see some sort of modes for this guy having to do with his stark tech passive. His ensare debuff needs at least double the AAR and should be able to be refreshed in some way for the build-up required for the sp3. He is a glass cannon tech after all so I'd love for him to have more utility. Now here's the techs I'd rank over him: Ghost, Warlock, Guilly, Guardian, HB, Sentinel, Darkhawk, IMIW, Nebula, Mysterio, Doc Ock, Punisher 2099, and maybe even Psycho Man, and the Visions (bit of a stretch, not the point though).

Ghost Rider:
    Let me start with this guy's very unreliable and synergy-reliant ability accuracy. Why does Ghost Rider even need a randomized chance for his judgements when CGR can get them on-the-dot? This ability seriously needs to be scrapped and just made so he can have a guaranteed chance to place judgements with his synergies being adjusted accordingly to match his fresh kit. Now his damage is laughably low. This can simply be fixed with a tune-up in potency to his sig ability fury as well as giving him the ability to stack his bleeds and furies once a damnation is active. His sp2 should also be able to inflict a heavy incinerate on the opponent considering he literally breathes fire onto the opponent. His utilities are already solid, just his main issue is his impracticality and his very low damage output. The 15 mystics I would rank over him are: Claire, Doom, Sorcerer, Dragon Man, Sassy, Tigra, SS, MS, Mojo, Longshot, Voodoo, Magik, Mephisto, Man Thing, and Scarlet Witch.

Blade:
    The Dhampir himself... one of the champions that almost broke the game. Once you are awoken from the nostalgia trip from 2017, you come to realize that he has very little application and use in today's contents. Why you may ask? Well... to start his synergies are with champions more impractical than him but just as outdated. Mephisto is the only exception who grew stronger and stronger with each synergy but Blade himself hasn't gotten a new synergy benefitting him ever. His utility is laughable for today's standards. Only 40% AAR... boosted to 58% with Starky? That is just not enough. His regen is okay but you will have to take a lot of block damage or time trying to even get the regen off without the opponent dashing at you like a madman. What should stay with his kit is his debuff shrug mechanic as that would just make him way too annoying of a defender. But for the first thing he needs: more champions to gain danger sense from. Add another class or two to spice things up. Preferably have them be the Science and Mutant classes because of Class advantage and disadvantage. This could be an interesting way to go about him, having him dominate science champs as he should while having to be cautious against the bleed-benefitting mutant champs. This plus his villian and Mystic synergies would boost his overall useage to 110 or probably a lot less champs in the game. As he would be synergy dependent, this could be a nice trade-off though unlike Magneto he gains no extra benefits against the Mutant class. With this Danger Sense, his AAR should be 50% at least. Starky would boost that to 72%, allowing 100% AAR with the pacify mastery when they are stunned. Lastly, his regen should not have a cap on it because it drains your power and requires effort to pull off. This in pair with his AAR, debuff shrugging, and champion coverage could return Blade back to his Holy Trinity status, making him a viable champion again.

Plus they are many other champs that needs buffs before them
    My 6 star Groot and Thor rags points out
    You forgot to mention your future joe fix it you’ll get on your next 6* pull

Ahh is that a curse? I will soon open a 6 star Crystal....
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    Wow the way this is just wrong...
  • Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    I've seen a lot of tier lists I don't agree with, but some of the champs you list higher than the holy trinity... just wow
  • Sachhyam257Sachhyam257 Posts: 974 ★★★★
    Ah yes, why don't we also buff magneto, aegon, quake and ghost along the way. They'll be outdated in a further 3-4yrs time aswell. Might aswell buff them now to save time huh.... Lmao.
  • RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,456 ★★★★
    Blade needs a hero danger sense synergy and stark should have a synergy that does make him lose poise when the opponent is ensnared
  • GreanGrean Posts: 1,397 ★★★★
    I mean, they aren't the best, but they are usable and they don't need buffs. kabam should focus on champs that are in need of buffs like Jane and agent denim, and not champs that can do things like gr, blade and Starky
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    Glazil said:

Glazil said:

Before you flood my first thread with disagrees... allow me to explain my highly controversial but somewhat intriguing view. So the Holy Trinity themselves. I'm going for the Big Game here. In 2017, these three were used in so many teams out there to clear the final quests of act 5 and the mystic wars it wasn't even funny. The Blade hype was an unexplainable, but truly joyous event where everyone came together to save their hard-earned 5* shards to pull these champions. Man those were good times.

Fast forward to the year 2021. Everyone has much different demands now. Blade is sitting in their rosters, collecting dust... along with their Ghost Riders and Stark Enhanced Spidermans. Ever wondered why? Well let me explain. With the changing times, it became clear what Kabam wanted to focus their shift on: Champions with their own bundles of utility or damage and kits unique to them in some way. While these three may have kits unique to them, their utilities definitely have not held up. Let me break down each one of their flaws...

Stark-Enhanced Spiderman:
    This guy has some really nice damage even to this day, with one of the highest possible crit rates in the game still. He has a pretty fast and practical ramp up and additionally has some other tricks up his sleeve such as a decent taunt mechanic and a power drain on the heavy attack with a long cooldown. Starky also can evade special attacks with a 63% chance. While all of this is nice and all, that's really where it ends. Stark suffers from a severe lack of actual utility other than him evading specials and "power control" He just needs more... and since he does have a vast amount of features in his suit during the movie, he could honestly use some of those or something inspired by those. And let's not bother with the ensnare from the sp3 because that's just a joke in itself. Seeing as to how they made Stealthy with his different webbing types, I'd like to see some sort of modes for this guy having to do with his stark tech passive. His ensare debuff needs at least double the AAR and should be able to be refreshed in some way for the build-up required for the sp3. He is a glass cannon tech after all so I'd love for him to have more utility. Now here's the techs I'd rank over him: Ghost, Warlock, Guilly, Guardian, HB, Sentinel, Darkhawk, IMIW, Nebula, Mysterio, Doc Ock, Punisher 2099, and maybe even Psycho Man, and the Visions (bit of a stretch, not the point though).

Ghost Rider:
    Let me start with this guy's very unreliable and synergy-reliant ability accuracy. Why does Ghost Rider even need a randomized chance for his judgements when CGR can get them on-the-dot? This ability seriously needs to be scrapped and just made so he can have a guaranteed chance to place judgements with his synergies being adjusted accordingly to match his fresh kit. Now his damage is laughably low. This can simply be fixed with a tune-up in potency to his sig ability fury as well as giving him the ability to stack his bleeds and furies once a damnation is active. His sp2 should also be able to inflict a heavy incinerate on the opponent considering he literally breathes fire onto the opponent. His utilities are already solid, just his main issue is his impracticality and his very low damage output. The 15 mystics I would rank over him are: Claire, Doom, Sorcerer, Dragon Man, Sassy, Tigra, SS, MS, Mojo, Longshot, Voodoo, Magik, Mephisto, Man Thing, and Scarlet Witch.

Blade:
    The Dhampir himself... one of the champions that almost broke the game. Once you are awoken from the nostalgia trip from 2017, you come to realize that he has very little application and use in today's contents. Why you may ask? Well... to start his synergies are with champions more impractical than him but just as outdated. Mephisto is the only exception who grew stronger and stronger with each synergy but Blade himself hasn't gotten a new synergy benefitting him ever. His utility is laughable for today's standards. Only 40% AAR... boosted to 58% with Starky? That is just not enough. His regen is okay but you will have to take a lot of block damage or time trying to even get the regen off without the opponent dashing at you like a madman. What should stay with his kit is his debuff shrug mechanic as that would just make him way too annoying of a defender. But for the first thing he needs: more champions to gain danger sense from. Add another class or two to spice things up. Preferably have them be the Science and Mutant classes because of Class advantage and disadvantage. This could be an interesting way to go about him, having him dominate science champs as he should while having to be cautious against the bleed-benefitting mutant champs. This plus his villian and Mystic synergies would boost his overall useage to 110 or probably a lot less champs in the game. As he would be synergy dependent, this could be a nice trade-off though unlike Magneto he gains no extra benefits against the Mutant class. With this Danger Sense, his AAR should be 50% at least. Starky would boost that to 72%, allowing 100% AAR with the pacify mastery when they are stunned. Lastly, his regen should not have a cap on it because it drains your power and requires effort to pull off. This in pair with his AAR, debuff shrugging, and champion coverage could return Blade back to his Holy Trinity status, making him a viable champion again.

Plus they are many other champs that needs buffs before them
    My 6 star Groot and Thor rags points out
    While that is true there should be other champions that are to be buffed before them... there still could be room this year for these guys to be updated as well. After all... their 3+ year old kits have not aged very well with the changing times.
    Do you realise that Balde didnt aged well BECAUSE kabam didnt want him to age well?

What do you think why we will never see 6* Quake and why almost every new champ has something to counter Ghost with?

They actuly dont nerf the champs but the environment around them.
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    @Glazil look man... there are opinions... and then there's just being plain wrong. When every single person in your thread disagrees with you... that's a good indicator that the latter is true.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    Yeah sure
    Glazil said:

Etjama said:

@Glazil look man... there are opinions... and then there's just being plain wrong. When every single person in your thread disagrees with you... that's a good indicator that the latter is true.

I could honestly care less if someone disagrees with me on these forums. I didn't come onto these forums to make friendships and have all things be rainbows and sunshine. I came here to express MY opinion on these champions. Nobody gets to tell me that my opinion is wrong.
    Well it is wrong. But if you came here to share wrong opinions and confuse newer players, have fun I guess.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    edited February 2021
    Glazil said:

Pulyaman said:

Stark enhanced Spiderman is outdated? 6.3.6 CAIW wants to see you bud. He still is one of the top options for that fight.
    With regards to blade, he is still an awesome champ and one of the best regen characters in the game.
    GR may need some better numbers, but we have so many outdated champs in the game, that he is not even close to the bottom. Of the three, I would say stark is still relevant if you want numbers, blade still has insane matchup and only GR lags behind, and even he is not bad

I can use Hood, Red Skull, and Beast in endgame content. Does that mean they are immune to getting a buff? No, definitely not. Forcibly use them in endgame content if you want, but know that you are just gimping yourself by not using any of the other champs I just mentioned who can get the job done way better.
    Are you really comparing Hood, Red skull or beast to the trinity? There is no forcibly using them, stark enhanced spidey is one of the handful of champions that can one shot 6.3.6 caiw. And I use him when I see crit me with your best shot nodes, because once he has even 5 poise charges, he crits insanely high and hard.

I used blade in caveq till last month, he has one of the easiest access to bleeds. Its just not nostalgia, its a fact.

Champions getting phased out is not the same as bad champions. Hood has some decent utility. The other 2 are bad champs in terms of damage and utility.
  • GreanGrean Posts: 1,397 ★★★★
    GR: no one really cares about anymore cuz there is doom and Claire, but he still gets used sometimes in beginner rosters

Blade: He does what he does, and he does it well. he doesnt need a buff, and even if he got one he would be able to compare to nick or Aegie

Starky: His crits are chonky af. utility is good

Trinity together: Outdated af due to the meta, but still usable. they don't need a buff.

• MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    Glazil said:

Etjama said:

I could honestly care less if someone disagrees with me on these forums. I didn't come onto these forums to make friendships and have all things be rainbows and sunshine. I came here to express MY opinion on these champions. Nobody gets to tell me that my opinion is wrong.
    And sometimes these opinions are just dumb and wrong 🤷‍♂️
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★
    Glazil said:

Glazil said:

Etjama said:

Well here I am defending my opinions in a respectable manner and then here you guys are coming in trying to derail my thread with insults and mockery. If you're going to do that and not have to listen what I have to say then you can just carry on to some other post. I appreciate that nobody has even discussed my buff proposals too.
    Because the buffs are not needed. They are still great. I use stark spidey daily. Defending your opinions means nothing when you aren’t willing to change them if they are wrong or unfounded.
    Glazil said:

Glazil said:

Etjama said:

Well here I am defending my opinions in a respectable manner and then here you guys are coming in trying to derail my thread with insults and mockery. If you're going to do that and not have to listen what I have to say then you can just carry on to some other post. I appreciate that nobody has even discussed my buff proposals too.
    You wanna discuss em? I can do that. Ahem, "Why the absolute hell would Kabam buff 3 great champions when they're in the top 25% of champs in the game?"
    Glazil said:

Crcrcrc said:

Glazil said:

Glazil said:

Etjama said:

Because the buffs are not needed. They are still great. I use stark spidey daily. Defending your opinions means nothing when you aren’t willing to change them if they are wrong or unfounded.
    I've seen your Immortal Hulk takes. I don't think you're really credible. But not like I'm bashing you for it.
    Ah, so you're an alt account and you don't understand humor. It's all coming together now, keep going.